Tham khảo tài liệu 'bài ôn tập anh văn', tài liệu phổ thông, ôn thi đh-cđ phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: BÀI ÔN TẬP ANH VĂN
- BÀI ÔN TẬP ANH VĂN
1. A. thought B. tough C. taught D. bought
2. A. noon B. tool C. blood D. spoon
3. A. book B. could C. should D. too
4. A. myth B. breath C. tooth D. with
5. A. protect B. commercial C. construction D. climate
6. A. biography B. historic C. discover D. authorship
7. He's the best boss I've ever had. ______ , he always buys everyone a present on their birthdays.
A. As a result B. Although C. Therefore D. For example
8. ______ we leave the library, we'll go right down the cafeteria.
A. Since B. As soon as C. Now that D. Until
9. It is reported that humans are the main reason for most species' declines and habitat _______ and degradation are the
leading threats. A. destroy B. destructive C. destructor D. destruction
10. You _______ forget to pay the rent tomorrow. The landlord is very strict about paying on time.
A. needn't B. mustn't C. do not have to D. may not
11. Farmers make their soil more productive by distributing _______.
A. fertile B. fertility C. fertilizers D. fertilizable
12. Chemical wastes from factories are _______ that cause serious damage to species habitats.
A. pollutes B. pollutants C. pollutions D. polluters
13. If an area is _______, all the trees there are cut down or destroyed.
A. endangered B. deforested C. contaminated D. polluted
14. A ________ is the story of a person's life written by somebody else.
A. romance B. fiction C. biography D. science
15. “Do you fancy a coffee?” – “……………………”.
A. Oh, dear B. Everything is Ok C. Oh, yes. I’d one. D. How do you do
16. You needn’t shout. I am not deaf.” – “……………….” A. That’s all right B. Oh, I’m sorry C. Of course D. Yes, I
17. “Must we do it now?” – “No, you……………” A. mustn’t B. needn’t C. can’t D. shouldn’t
18. "Would you like to go to the movies tonight? " - "...................................."
A. Yes, I'd like B. Of course C. No, I don't like D. I'd love to
19. ” Would you mind if I smoke ? “ - “ …………………………………”
A. Never mind B. Yes, please don’t C. Not at all D. Yes, please do
20. “ What a lovely house you have ! “ – “…………………………..”
A. You’re welcome B. Of course, it costly C. Thank you. Hope you will drop in D. No problem
21. I think you …………………..
A. have your hair be cut B. cut your hair C. have your hair cutting D. have your hair cut
22. We love HANOI, ___________ in the spring.
A. mostly B. most C. especially D. specially
23. Dress ___________ when you go for an interview. Don’t wear your Jeans.
A. nice B. nicely C. smart D. newly
25. Mexico is the most popular vacation _____ for people from The United States.
A. target B. connection C. departure D. destination
26. The ___________ at the football match became violent when their team lost.
A. spectators B. audiences C. observers D. customers
27. In the primary school, a child is in the ________ simple setting.
A. comparison B. comparative C. comparatively D. comparable
28. What’s it ___________? - A flute.
A. told B. called C. said D. spoken
“Good luck in exams!” “ ……………..!”
A. I hope so B. You mention it C. Never mind D. You too
29. The girls and flowers ___________ he painted were vivid.
A. who B. which C. whose D. that
30. All night long people dance and sing. They do it ___________.
A. during the whole night B. in all the night C. the night long D. in the night
31. After he___________ work, he went straight home
A. had finished B. had been finishing C. has finished D. would finish
32. I can hardly see the stage well from here. - “___________.”
A. Neither can’t I B. So can I C. I can’t neither D. Neither can I
- 33. Not until 1856 ___________ across the Mississippi River.
A. the first bridge was built B. was the first bridge built C. the first building a bridge D. the bridge building was
34. Mary missed the meeting because no one ________ her about it.
A. had told B. was telling C. has told D. tells
34. Before to go out, remember to turn off the computer.
A B C D
35. The Simpson Desert is a largest one in Australia.
A B CD
Nearly all the (36)_____ that have been made through the ages can (37)_____ in books. The invention of
the book is one of humankind’s (38) _____ achievements, the important of which cannot be overestimated.
Books are very adaptable, providing us (39)______ both entertainment and (40)______. The production of
books began in Ancient (41)_____, though not in the form that is accessible to us today. The books read by
the Romans, however, have some (42) _____ to the ones we read now. Until the middle of the 15th century,
in Europe , all books were written by hand . They were often (43) _______ illustrated and always rare and
expensive . With printing came the (44) _______of cheap, large-scale publication and distribution of books,
making (45) ______ more widespread and recognizable.
36. A. discover B. discovery C. discoverers D. discoveries
37. A. find B. be found C. founded D. found
38. A. greatest B. greater C. great D. greatly
39. A. with B. for C. at D. of
40. A. inform B. informing C. information D. informer
41. A. China B. Egypt C. England D. America
42. A. differences B. difficulties C. similarities D. similar
43. A. beauty B. beautify C. beautiful D. beautifully
44. A. possibility B. possibly C. impossibility D. possible
45. A. know B. knowledge C. known D. knowledgeable
Read the article below. Then choose the best answer (A, B, C or D).
Ted Robinson has been worried all the week. Last Tuesday he received a letter from the local police. In
the letter he was asked to call at the station. Ted wondered why he was wanted by the police, but he went to
the station yesterday and now he’s not worried any more. At the station he was told by a smiling policeman
that his bicycle had been found . Five days ago , the policeman told Ted that his bicycle was picked up in a
small village four hundred miles away . It is now being sent to his home by train . Ted was very surprised
when he heard the news . He was glad too because he never expected the bicycle to be found. It was stolen
twenty years ago when Ted was a boy of fifteen.
46. Ted was worried because ________________. A. he received a letter B. he went to police station yesterday
C. the police would catch him D. he didn’t know why the police wanted him
47. The policeman who talked to Ted was _____________.A. pleasant B. worried C. surprised D. small
48. Why was Ted very surprised when he heard the news?
A. because his bicycle was stolen 15 years ago. B. because his bicycle was found when he was 15.
C. because he thought he would never find the bicycle. D. because the bicycle was sent to him by train.
49. When was Ted’s bicycle found? A. Last Tuesday B. Five days ago C. Yesterday D. Twenty years ago
50. Which of the following statement is not true?
A. The police asked Ted to go to their station. B. The police told Ted the good news five days ago.
C. Ted is no longer anxious. D. Ted is 35 years old now.
51. Mrs. Stevens, along with her cousins from New Mexico, are planning to attend the festivities.
A B C D
52. Several ________ advanced countries have had plans to make desert more hospitable.
A. science B. scientific C. scientifically D. scientist
53. Did you paint it yourself or did you have it ______?
A. paint B. painting C. painted D. to paint
54. We needn’t drive fast; we have _______time.
A. many B. plenty of C. a few D. little
55. It was ______ hot food that we couldn’t eat it.
A. too B. very C. so D. such
56. Seldom _______ early.
A. does he come B. he comes C. he has come D. does he comes
57. There is still much to discuss. We shall, ______ , return to this item at our next meeting.
A. therefore B. moreover C. although D. so that