Bài tập anh văn cơ bản
Chia sẻ: thuyvietdinh
Đây là bài tập anh văn Sample cơ bản gửi đến các bạn độc giả tham khảo.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Bài tập anh văn cơ bản
- SAMPLE TEST cho trình độ cơ bản THE SAMPLE BASICAL TEST: Time: 45 minutes I. Reading: choose the best answer A job with the children When I finished school in Germany last year I did not know (1)…….. to do next. I want to travel, but for that you need money. That means having a job, and (2)……… a university degree it is difficult to get a good one of those. My parents agreed I could put off (3) …….. decision about a university course for a year. Then the family in London invited me to live with them, help look (4) …………… the children and do a little housework in return for some pocket money. I (5) ………with this family for five months now. My main job is to meet the three children from school, give them their supper and help them with their housework (6) ……….their parents come home about at 6. Sometimes I must stay in with the children in the evening. I go to English classes three times a week, and at weekends I (7) …………….different parts of Britain. Although my parents are happy that I and studying a foreign language (8) …………I enjoy this chance to see more of the world, they keep (9) ……..me what I want to study at university. I still cannot make up my (10) ………….. 1. A. how B. what C. when D. that 2. A. having no B. having not C. without D. not having 3. A. doing B. making C. creating D. getting 4. A. for B. at C. of D. after 5. A. lived B. was living C. have lived D. had lived
- 6. A. until B. to when C. whenever D. when 7. A. am living B. visit C. visited D. have visited 8. A. when B. during C. while D. whereas 9. A. asking B. to ask C. ask D. to asking 10. A. decision B. heard C. thought D. mind II. Pronunciation. Choose the word which has the underlined part pronounced differently from the rest 11. A. wondered B. cleaned C. replied D. laughed 12. A. home B. come C. some D. money 13 A. works B. students C. movies D. proofs 14. A. comic B. contribute C. cycle D. create 15. A. hour B. pour C. ourselves D. our III. Writing: choose the best answer: 16. It is difficult to drive due to the frog A. the frog made it difficult to drive B. the frog is too difficult to drive C. it was difficult to drive because the frog D. B and C are correct
- 17. People say that Vietnamese people are hospitable A. it is said that the Vietnamese people are hospitable B. it is said that the Vietnamese people being hospitable C. the Vietnamese people are said to be hospitable D. A and C are correct 18. Dr. Smith is a good surgeon. He lives next door A. Dr. Smith whom lives next door is a good surgeon B. Dr. Smith, that lives next door, is a good surgeon C. Dr. Smith, who lives next door, is a good surgeon D. Dr. Smith which lives next door is a good surgeon 19. She did not say a word and left the room A. she left the room without saying a word B. she leaving the room without saying a word C. she left the room to say a word D. she left the room saying a word 20. The children laughed a lot because the funny story
- A. the funny story made the children laugh a lot B. the children laughed a lot because the story was funny C. the funny story prevented the children from laughing D. A and B are correct IV. Vocabulary and grammar: 21. John has his bike ………..yesterday A. repaired B. repair C. to be repaired D. repairs 22. These shops have goods for sale at ………prices A. attractive B. attracted C. attract D. attraction 23. No longer ……..them to go the music club A. their parents allow C. does their parents allow C. do their parents allow D. has their parents allow 24. Not only children but also adults are very ……….in the cartoon “Tom and Jerry” A. interesting B. interested C. interest D. interests 25. “I wish I ……a doctor”- thinks the little boy A. were B. am C. is D. aren’t 26. You have ……….quite a lot of mistakes in this essay A. make B. made C. do D. done 27. The harder you try ……….results you get A. the better B. better C. more better D. the more better 28. Why don’t you buy a ………..? It will help you do the washing – up
- A. dishwasher B. sewing machine C. washing- machine D. vacuum machine 29. “How ………..do you often drive?” – “About 35 km an hour” A. fast B. long C. fastly D. far 30. The children have nothing ……….that is why they are so noisy A. to do B. doing C. done D. do 31. The desk is full …………. Passengers A. of B. with C. in D. off 32. Neither he nor I ………Maths A. liking B. like C. likes D. like 33. The train ……..when we got the station A. just left B. had just left C. will leave D. just leaves 34. He is good …….Chemistry A. at B. in C. for D. on 35. …………harder, you would have passed the exam A. if you studied B. had you studied C. if you had studied D. were you to studied V. Error recognition. Choosing the underlined part A, B, C or D is incorrect. 36. Our English teacher doesn’t work at this school no longer A B C D 37. Why do you like that extra course for?
- 38. Despite the noise outside was a loud, he didn’t seem to be distracted A B C D 39. Many people agree that collecting stamps are enjoyable A B C D 40. It is three years since they have said goodbye to each other A B C D THE SAMPLE BASICAL TEST Time: 45 minutes Ngữ âm: hãy chọn từ mà phần gạch chân có cách phát âm khác với các từ I. còn lại. 1. A. smile B. hide C. mile D. still 2. A. example B. exit C. especial D. exhibit 3. A. surface B. burry C. curtain D. urgent 4. A. fan B. bad C. catch D. wash 5. A. chorus B. champion C. cheap D. child Tìm từ có vị trí trọng âm khác với các từ còn lại: II. 6. A. actor B. commit C. fashion D. motion 7. A. education B. industrial C. intelligent D. traditional 8. A. industry B. refugee C. magazine D. Japanese
- Từ vựng và ngữ pháp: III. 9. ……………judge asked ……….witness to tell ….truth A. the/ the/ the/ B. a/ a/ a C. the/ the/ a D. a/ the/ a 10. Make up your mind …it will be too late A. and B. unless C. if D. or 11. He took the wrong book ………mistake A. for B. with C. by D. or 12. Vitor’s watch ………12:55 A. says B. tells C. speaks D. talks 13. When you return your country, don’t forget to ………. A. keep in touch B. keep in touch C. keep contact D. keep touch 14. The window was shut, and he …….to open it A. did even not try C. tried not even C. even didn’t try D. didn’t even try 15. Mr. Vitor ………..a car if he had enough money A. buy B. would buy C. bought D. buying 16. Of course she would come to the party if you ……….her A. asked B. have asked C. ask D. had asked 17. He ……….book the tickets, but he had no time to call at the cinema A. would B. was going to C. could D. might
- 18. “You have been sick a few times since you arrived” + “I just cannot ……..to cold weather” A. have used B. get used C. use D. used 19. One third of the oranges ………spoilt A. is B. are C. has been D. has 20. He had a good seat. He was sitting in a good ………….. A. chair B. place C. armchair D. class 21. Buddhism is a (an) …….. A. group B. team C. religion D. association 22. Joe wins every time. He always …………Bill A. wins B. beats C. gains D. scores 23. A motorway is a …………. A. street B. road C. avenue D. highway 24. An electric toaster is an electrical …………. A. sort B. kind C. appliance D. goods 25. Make sure that you end each sentence with a ……….. A. dot B. point C. comma D. full stop 26. I was ..........., and shouted at the student A. unhappy B. hurt C. hot D. furious 27. He had at last been …………to send a cable A. admitted B. left C. let D. given permission 28. Emma hopes to ……….. new world record A. do B. make C. build D. fix
- 29. I was ……………by a stranger in my room A. surprised B. embarrassed C. worried D. frightened 30. If even child ……..the mother would run to him A. cries B. is crying C. would cry D. cried Viết: IV. 31. The doctor as well as the nurses take care of the changing the patients’ A B C D bandages 32. The big books on a table are for my history class A B C D 33. Daisy is the only one among those girls that get the scholarship A B C D 34. I wish I am a millionaire A BC D 35. He spends 2 hours a week sorting stamps A. sorting his stamps takes him 2 hours a week B. sorting his stamps took him 2 hours a week C. sorting his stamps take him 2 hours a week D. sorting his stamps he takes 2 hours a week
- 36. “The times” was printed first 200 years ago A. It is 200 years ago since the first printing of “the times” B. It is 200 years ago since “the times” was first printed C. It is 200 years ago since the first printing of “the times” D. B and C are correct 37. More newspapers are sold during the elections A. people sell more newspapers during the elections B. people buy more newspaper during the elections C. people are selling more newspapers during the elections D. people are buying more newspapers during the elections 38. They took way his passport so that he wouldn’t leave the country A. they prevented him from leaving the country by taking his passport B. they prevented him from leaving the country on taking his passport C. they prevented him leaving the country by taking his passport D. they prevented him leaving the country on taking his passport 39. They believe that he is mad
- A. he is believed that he is mad B. he is believed to be mad C. he is believed to have been mad D. he is believed to mad 40. “Have you seen this film?” A. he asked me if I have seen that film B. he asked me if I had seen that film C. he asked me I have seen that film D. he asked me if I had seen this film Đọc hiểu: V. Germany had one of the lowest rates of unemployment back in 1980. It stood at just 3%. Now the rate is increasing. The United States has had ups and downs. In 1980, it was about 2%, 7, 5% in 1981 and 1984, it was the same rate as in 1980. Great Britain heads the employment chart. In 1980, their situation was the same as the United States. There followed a sharp rise in 1981, when the rate was 10, 5%. This rose gradually over the next 2 years to 13% in 1985, there was no great change, but in 1985 saw another increase to about 13, 5% and figured do not look as though they are their way to down yet. 41. What was the rate of unemployment in Germany in 1980? A. 2% B. 3% C. 7, 5% D. 13% 42. What was the rate of unemployment in the US in 1984? A. 2% B. 3% C. 7, 5% D. 13%
- 43. Which country had the highest rates of unemployment? A. Germany B. France C. The US D. England 44. When did England have the highest rates of unemployment? A. 1980 B. 1981 C. 1982 D. 1985 45. In England, the rate of unemployment is A. on their way down B. not on their way down C. not increasing D. lowest STARTING TEST ------***------ I. PHONETICS: 1. Choose the word with the different pronunciation of the underlined part. 1. A. all B. after C. allot D. law 2. A. could B. foot C. mood D. stood 3. A. cow B. go C. sold D. told 4. A. any B. hand C. plank D. slang 5. A. layer B. player C. prayer D. saying 2. Choose the word with the different stress patterns
- 6. A. language B. nation C. private D. themselves 7. A. address B. approach C. other D. respect 8. A. belong B. involve C. people D. between 9. A. approve B. foreign C. master D. women 10. A. because B. bedside C. behind D. between II. GRAMMAR: Choose the best answer to complete each sentence: 1. Your father was very kind …… Ann. A. to B. with C. toward D. for 2. Were they present ………the party? A. in B. on C. at D. to 3. The room was crowded ……students. A. about B. for C. of D. with 4. Brunel is rich …..oil. A. on B. at C. of D. in 5. I’d like to take advantage …….this opportunity to explain the difficulty I‘ve met. A. In B. on C. of D. at 6. I was very tired; …..., I determined to walk on to the next village. A. therefore B. however C. and D. or
- 7. He had to act immediately; ………., he would have been late. A. consequently B. nevertheless C. still D. otherwise 8. Jame is beautiful and intelligent ……… A. too B. so C. both D. moreover 9. You must tell him where you are going, ………when you will be back. A. and both B. and as well C. and also D. and too 10. He was the best in class at Maths and English; …….., he was the best football player in the school. A. moreover B. however C. therefore D. whereas 11. Frank ……home since he was a boy. A. isn’t B. wasn’t C. hasn’t been D. hadn’t been 12. Look! The bus …….. A. left B. has left C. leaves D. is leaving 13. What time …….the next train leave? A. does B. will C. shall D. would 14. The secretary ………report by 10: 00 yesterday. A. hadn’t finished B. hasn’t finished C. didn’t finish D. would finish 15. Henry …..for 10 years when he finally gave it up. A. has smoked B. has been smoking C. had smoked D. had been smoking 16. Look that those black clouds! It …….
- A. is going to rain B. will rain C. would rain D. can rain 17. We …..the course before the final examination. A. are going to finish B. have finished C. will finish D. will have finished 18. When I arrived at the party, Martha …….home already. A. went B. have gone C. had gone D. would go 19. The moon ……..around the earth. A. goes B. is going C. will go D. went 20. What is ….longest river in ….world? A. a/ the B. a/ a C. the/ a D. the/ the 21. We often watch ……television. A. a B. the C. ----- D. an 22. We had ……..dinner in a restaurant. A. the B. a C. an D. ----- 23. My daughter plays ………piano very well (note: learn music instrument) A. the B. a C. an D. ------ 24. It is said that Robin hood robbed ……rich and gave the money to .….poor A. a/ the B. ----/ ---- C. the/ the D. the/ a 25. Did you watch “Titanic” on ……television or at ……….cinema A. the/ the B. a/ a C. the/ ---- D. -----/ the 26. I never listen to ……..radio. In fact I haven’t got ……radio. A. -----/ ----- B. a/ --- C. the/ a D. the/ -----
- 27. One is never too old …… A. learning B. learn C. to learn D. to have learn 28. I don’t feel like ………..to the cinema now. A. go B. going C. to go D. to have gone 29. The mother made her children …….. the word. A. repeat B. to repeat C. repeating D. to be repeated 30. The teacher doesn’t allow ……….dictionaries in the final examination. A. being used B. use C. using D. to use 31. They don’t allow tourists ……..in the Temple. A. to talk B. talking C. talk D. being talked 32. You are old enough …….out alone. A. going B. to go C. go D. to have gone 33. I will invite you her ………my daughter. A. teach B. to teach C. teaching D. to be taught 34. We avoid …….our environment. A. polluting B. to pollute C. pollute D. polluted 35. I think they are now accustomed to ……12hours a day. A. work B. to work C. working D. worked 36. We stopped ……hello to her. A. say B. saying C. to say D. being said
- 37. The boy …….eye are brown is my son. A. who B. whom C. whose D. that 38. What was the name of the girl ……..you phoned last night? A. who B. whom C. whose D. which 39. I enjoy my job because I like the people …..whom I work. A. in B. with C. at D. on 40. Do you know the reason ……006 was killed? A. when B. why C. where D. which 41. That is the room ......... I used to stay. A. which B. where C. when D. ----- 42. It was the time ……I had a lot of toys. A. where B. when C. ------ D. that 43. Jack has three brothers, all of …….are married. A. them B. whom C. who D. that 44. That is the supermarket ……. I used to buy things. A. which B. where C. when D. ------ 45. I know a place ……there are a lot of daffodils. A. where B. how C. when D. why 46. If I ………time, I will help you. A. have B. had C. had D. will have 47. If you …….here yesterday, you ………me. A. were/ would meet C. had met/ would meet
- C. were/ would have met D. had been/ would have met 48. If he had been looking where he was going, he …………into the wall. A. wouldn’t have walked B. didn’t walk C. won’t walk D. wouldn’t walk 49. Joe can’t hear ……you shout. A. if B. until C. unless D. as long as 50. We are going to start painting the house tomorrow ………..it is not raining. A. provided B. unless C. whether D. untill 51. Tom with his dog ……..here now. A. is B. were C. was D. are 52. The singer and the actor …….coming soon. A. was B. are C. is D. were 53. The singer and actor …….. coming now. A. was B. are C. is D. were 54. Cattle …………allowed to graze here now. A. was B. are C. is D. were 55. None of them …….right now. A. is B. are C. were D. was 56. Neither my gloves nor my hat …….with this dress. A. goes B. go C. are going D. is going 57. Two – third of the money ……mine.
- A. is B. are C. was D. were 58. Mathematics ……..very difficult. A. is B. are C. was D. were 59. Never ………me again. A. will she love B. she loves C. she won’t love D. she will love 60. …………here yesterday, you would have met me. A. were you B. had you been C. you had been D. you were III. USE OF ENGLISH: 1. Finding and correcting the mistake in each sentence: 70. Please, don’t make so noisy, I study. 71. The Chinese have invented printing. 72. Look! The man tries to open the door of your car. 73. I am thinking it would be a good idea to leave early. 74. The apples are good for your health. 2. Write down the correct form of word. 75. Mr. Quickwater has a great many ………… qualities (admire) 76. There was an …….story in the paper this morning (amuse)
- 77. I have extra French lessons with a ……… schoolmaster (retire) 78. He made himself ……….by handing round the coffee cups (use) 79. Deaths caused by reckless driving are ………… (avoid) 80. He felt very ……….towards her and loved her dearly (protect) 81. The time seemed to stretch out in a ………..manner (dream) 82. The sky was …….and light rain was falling (cloud) 83. If you are ……by a company, you are one of its ………. (employ) 84. There were two letters from Michael, (humor) warm, ………, and full of information 85. The photos made him look quite …………. (attract) IV. WRITING: Rewrite the following sentence with the same meaning. 1. The box is so heavy that I can’t carry it. => The box ……………………………………………. 2. He told me that I shouldn’t stay up late. => I …………………………………………………… 3. “Please, wake me up at 7 clock”, Lan said. => Lan told me ……………………………………….