BÀI TẬP BỔ TRỢ ANH VĂN NÂNG CAO
Chia sẻ: liverpool2518
Tham khảo tài liệu 'bài tập bổ trợ anh văn nâng cao', tài liệu phổ thông, ôn thi đh-cđ phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: BÀI TẬP BỔ TRỢ ANH VĂN NÂNG CAO
- BÀI TẬP BỔ TRỢ ANH VĂN NÂNG CAO I. Use “to + infinitive” to complete the following sentences 1. The next train … at platform 2 will be the 7.45 to Ho Chi Minh City 2. It was careless of you … the door unlocked when we went out 3. Neil Armstrong was the first man … on the moon 4. I was really delighted … your letter last Sunday 5. If I have any more news, you’ll be the first … 6. Was Jane surprised … you when you visited her again? 7. Do you think this water is safe …? 8. Jane is an interesting person … to II. Complete the following sentences with a correct preposition 1. There are some differences … British English and American English 2. There are many advantages … being able to speak a foreign language 3. I’ve just received an invitation … a wedding next week 4. Money isn’t the solution … every problem 5. When I opened the envelope, I was delighted to find a cheque … $900 6. The fact that he got a job in the company has no connection … the fact that his father is the managing director 7. Sorry I haven’t written to you for so long. The reason … this is that I’ve been ill recently 8. My brother is very good … English III. Circle the correct answer for each number in the following text 1. A. more successful B. successful C. most successful D. as successful 2. A. as B. and C. so that D. in order to 3. A. everything B. anywhere C. somewhere D. nowhere 4. A. a B. some C. every D. the 5. A. from B. that C. by D. with 6. A. who B. that C. what D. whom 7. A. any B. the C. a D. an 8. A. next B. then C. first D. after
- Man is the (1)… creature on Earth. He has conquered nature (2)… he can live safely almost (3)… . He has tamed animals and changed (4)… world he lives in. Despite these achievements, man is not very different (5)… animals. He has the same bones, muscles, organs, and glands. Unlike many creatures, man has not developed specialized features (6) … help him to live in (7)… particular surroundings. Man is the reasoning creature. He can think about a problem, find a solution, plan what to do, and (8)… carry out this plan IV. Circle the underlined part (A, B, C or D) that contains the error and correct them 1. “The shop cross the road (A) is where (B) I bought the flowers from (C)”, said (D) Mary 2. It was really surprise (A) that those (B) children survived (C) the fire that destroyed all the (D) houses 3. Mary was afraid (A) that the English teacher would be angry (B) to (C) her because she left (D) her English exercise book at home 4. If you try to concentrate (A) on (B) one subject for (C) too long, you might fed-up (D) and not really learn anything V. Put in the correct form of the verbs: When we were at school as children we were (make/ wear) … indoor shoes inside the school building. The teachers would never (let us/ wear) … our outdoor shoes at all and they (make us/ change) … in the changing room from the moment we entered the building. I’d never known teachers (be) … more strict about any other school rule. The trouble was that my indoor shoes really (make me/ suffer) … because they were so tight. “(Let us/ expand) … our shoes!” A fellow sufferer suggested. He had had a brilliant idea. We put plastic bags inside our shoes and poured water into the bags. We sealed the bags carefully and put our shoes into the freezer. Of course the ice (make the shoes/ expand) … and they were a pleasure to wear. This clever idea (help me/ get) … through my schooldays with less discomfort and I have never forgotten it. VI. Read the passage below and answer the questions followed How do deaf people talk? Deaf people can’t hear sounds. How do they “hear” words and talk?
- Deaf people use American Sign Language (ASL). They talk with their hands. Sometimes two deaf people talk to each other. They both use ASL. Sometimes a person who can hear interprets for the deaf people. The person listens to someo ne talking, and he or she makes hand signs There are two kinds of sign language. One kind has a sign for every letter in the alphabet. The person spells every word. This is finger spelling. The other kind has a sign for every word. There are about 5,000 of these signs. They are signs for verbs, things and ideas. Some of the signs are very easy, for example, eat, milk, and house. You can see what they mean. Others are more difficult, for example, star, egg, or week. People from any country can learn ASL. They use signs, not words, so they can understand people from other countries. ASL is almost like a dance. The whole body talks. American Sign Language is a beautiful language. 1. How do deaf people talk? 2. How does a person interpret for the deaf people? 3. How many signs are there for finger spelling? 4. How many word signs are there? VII. Fill in each blank one missing word In the United State of America, the national language is also English. Four hundred years ago some English people (1)… to North America to live there, and they brought the (2)… language to this new country. Now in the United States of America people speak (3)… English. Most of words are the (4)… in American and in British English, but the American people say some English words not like people (5)… in Eng land. Canada is to the North of The United States of America. It is (6)… than the United States. In Canada many people speak (7)… because they also came from England many years ago. But in some parts of Canada, they speak (8)…. The people living in these parts came from France. VIII. Fill in each blank a suitable phrase Why I want to learn English English is the (1)… in the world today. A very large number of people understand and use English in all (2) … world. Indeed, English is a very useful language. If (3)… .
- we can go to any place or country we like. We shall not find it hard to (4)… what we want to say. English also helps us to learn all kinds of subjects. Hundred of (5)… every day in all countries to teach people many useful things. The English language has therefore helped to spread ideas and knowledge to al l corners of the world. There is no subject that can not be (6)…. As English is used so much everywhere in the world, it has helped to make the countries of the world (7)… . The leaders of the world use English to understand one another. The English language has therefore also helped to spread better understanding and friendship among countries of the world Lastly, a person who knows English is respected by people. It is (8)… that I want to learn English IX. Choose one of these words to fill in the blank that but when although because however while Where, when and how languages began is still a mystery. Many people think (1)… language grew from human beings imitating animal sounds and that they learned t o use these sounds to communicate with each other. Probably the language of primitive people consisted of a complicated system of sounds. (2)…, we can only trace the history of languages to the time (3)… they were first written and by then they were well developed. Today there are more than 3,000 different spoken tongues in the world. English is the most widely spoken language: over 315 million people speak it (4)… about 530 million people speak Chinese-Mandrin. You many wonder (5)… English is more widely spoken (6)… more people speak Chinese-Mandrin. This is (7)… Chinese speaking people are more or less confined to China to China and Chinese communities (8)… English – speaking people are found in almost every corner of the world.
- ANSWER FOR UNIT 01 I. 1. to arrive2. to leave 3. to walk 4. to get/ to receive 5. to know 6. to see 7. to drink 8. to talk II. 1. between2. of 3. to 4. to 5. for 6. with7. for 8. at III. 1C 2C 3B 4D 5A 6B 7A 8B IV. 1A 2A 3C 4D V. 1. made to wear 2. let us wear 3. made us change 4. to be 5. made me suffer 6. let’s expand 7. made the shoes expand 8. help me get VI. 1. They talk with their hands 2. The person listens to someone talking, and then he makes and signs 3. There are 26 signs for fingers spelling 4. There are 5,000 word signs VII. 1. sailed 2. English 3. American 4. same 5. do 6. large7. English 8. French VIII. 1. most important language 2. parts of the world 3. we know English 4. make people understand 5. books are written in English 6. be learned in the English language 7. become friendly with one another 8. for all these reasons IX. 1. that 2. however 3. when 4. while 5. why 6. although 7. because 8. but