Đề tham khảo môn tiếng anh lớp 10 - Học kì 1
Chia sẻ: liolio
Tham khảo tài liệu 'đề tham khảo môn tiếng anh lớp 10 - học kì 1', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Đề tham khảo môn tiếng anh lớp 10 - Học kì 1
THE FIRST SEMESTER TEST
Time allotted: 45 minutes
Pick out the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. A. average B. affect C. appreciate D. announce
2. A. scream B. sneaky C. decrease D. break
3. A. drink B. ring C. danger D. frank
4. A. raise B. prayer C. exchange D. parade
5. A. your B. unique C. judge D. yet
Pick out the word which is stressed differently from the others.
6. A. voluntary B. apologise C. competitor D. illiterate
7. A. advance B. practice C. aware D. explain
8. A. surprise B. increased C. limit D. behave
9. A. account B. stimulate C. properly D. implement
10. A. province B. exchange C. technique D. observe
Choose the best answer (A, B, C or D) that best completes each sentence.
11. We’ll be late unless we …………. now.
A. leave B. don’t leave C. left D. had left
12. If I ………….. you were sick, I would have called sooner.
A. knew B. have known C. had knownD. would know
13. After the water workers went on strike, there was a ………….. of water.
A. loss B. drainage C. shortage D. decrease
14. John couldn’t get into the house because he ………… his key.
A. has lost B. had lost C. was lost D. loses
15. Don’t worry. You …………… if there’s a change of plan.
A. will be told B. will tell C. tell D. told
16. John and his boss ………….. about something when I ……………. into the room.
A. were arguing / walk B. were arguing / was walking
C. argued / was walking D. were arguing / walked
17. She apologised …………… waiting so long.
A. to me for B. for keeping me C. for me keeping D. for me
18. His parents insisted ………… a medical training course.
A. on his taking B. on him to take C. him to take D. on taking him
19. The cat ……………. all day.
A. hasn’t been fed B. doesn’t feed C. isn’t fed D. wasn’t fed
20. The boy ………… taking my bag.
A. denied B. refused C. wanted D. apologised
21. I saw him …………. my house.
A. passes B. passing C. to pass D. to passing
22. I expect ………….. to the party.
A. to invite B. inviting C. being invited D. to be invited
23. ………… twice, he didn’t want to try again.
A. Failing B. To fail C. To have failed D. Having failed
24. He …………. me of not paying attention to what he said.
A. insisted B. accused C. thanked D. warned
25. Its population has ………….. from 1.2 million to 1.8 million.
A. decreased B. fell C. dropped D. increased
26. While you …………… out, Tom came to see you.
A. are B. were C. have been D. had been
27. Mr. and Mrs. Smith looked forward ………….. their children soon.
A. meet B. meeting C. to meet D. to meeting
28. Ann told me …………. anything to her parents.
A. not to say B. not say C. to not say D. don’t say
Choose the underlined part (A, B, C or D) that is incorrect.
29. I’ll phone you when I’ll come there.
A B C D
30. I advised not to buy that car.
A B C D
31. When they came back, they found him being breaking into their house.
A B C D
32. She agreed lending me that CD then.
A B C D
33. He asked her what would she do if she won the lottery.
A B C D
34. Alice decided taking a bus to work.
A B C D
35. I only just managed to stop myself to shout at him.
A B C D
36. It’s time you’ve finished the letter.
A B C D
37. He warned us to be careful of strangers and not go out at night.
A B C D
38. There had been a significant increase in sales since May.
A B C D
Circle the letter A, B, C or D to complete the following passage.
In 1860, London was a large city of two and a half million people. By 1910, London was the biggest
city in the world (39)…………….. a population of five million. (40)…………….. those fifty years,
there (41)…………….. many important changes in the city.
In the first half of the 19th century, transport was a big problem in London. One important means of
(42)……………… was the horse bus. But it was (43)……………. expensive for most people, and it
was very slow. The other important means was the River Thames. Many people traveled across
London by steamboat on the river. But again, it wasn’t very cheap and if the weather were bad, it (44)
……………… unsafe. Then the world’s first underground railway opened in 1862. Then Karl Benz
(45)……………. the first motor car in 1885, and in 1907, two hundred motor buses came to London.
39. A. with B. in C. at D. to
40. A. At B. Until C. From D. During
41. A. are B. had been C. were D. have been
42. A. work B. newspaper C. transport D. communication
43. A. very B. too C. enough D. so
44. A. will be B. won’t be C. would be D. wouldn’t be
45. A. discoveredB. invented C. made D. did
Choose the best answer to complete the passage.
Every day many road accidents happen in Hong Kong. Everyone, especially children must learn how
to cross the road. A simple code to remember is “STOP, LOOK and LISTEN BEFORE YOU
The Transport Department organized road safety campaigns every year in order to reduce traffic
accidents. Parents and teachers should educate children on road safety. Most schools have their own
School Road Safety Patrols. The School Road Safety Patrols is a uniformed group. It recruits
secondary school students as members. Students in senior forms help fellow students cross the road
correctly and safely on their way to and from school.
When you go out alone, however, what is the best way to cross the road? First, you must find a safe
place to cross. Of course, it is safest to be directed by a policeman or a traffic warden.
Roads are dangerous. However, if everyone takes care when crossing the road, there will be fewer
traffic accidents. Our transport system will then become safer and more efficient.
46. Who must learn how to cross the road safely?
A. Children and their parents.
B. Everyone, especially teachers.
C. Those injured in road accidents.
D. Everyone who uses the road.
47. Road safety campaigns are organized to …………
A. help the School Road Safety Patrols.
B. cut down the number of road accidents.
C. direct students to cross the road.
D. educate children on road safety.
48. What is the most suitable description for the School Road Safety Patrol?
A. It accepts school teachers as members.
B. Its duty is to participate in Road Safety Campaigns.
C. You need not wear a uniform if you join.
D. Patrol members direct students to cross the roads correctly.
49. What should you do first if you want to cross a road?
A. Look around for traffic.
B. Ask a policeman or traffic warden for help.
C. Find a safe place to cross.
D. Stand at the kerb.
50. According to the writer, what will happen if everyone is more careful in using the road?
A. Fewer traffic accidents will happen.
B. Our transport system will not be safe.
C. There will be no more traffic accidents.
D. The roads will be widen.
THE 1st SEMESTER TEST
1 ● W K 26 2 ● K
2 2 ● 27 2 ●
3 3 ● 28 ●
4 4 ● 29 2 ●
5 5 ● 30 ●
6 ● 31 3 ●
7 7 ● 32 ●
8 8 ● 33 3 ●
9 ● 34 ●
10 ● 35 3 ●
11 ● 36 3 ●
12 1 ● 37 3 ●
13 1 ● 38 3 ●
14 1 ● 39 ●
15 ● 40 4 ●
16 1 ● 41 4 ●
17 1 ● 42 4 ●
18 ● 43 4 ●
19 ● 44 4 ●
20 ● 45 4 ●
21 2 ● 46 4 ●
22 2 ● 47 4 ●
23 2 ● 48 4 ●
24 2 ● 49 4 ●
25 2 ● 50 ●
Top Download Đề Thi Học Kỳ
5p 2481 1294
3p 1583 651
10p 617 316
3p 786 330
46p 1740 295
3p 1419 647
6p 5666 2543
3p 1136 565