Tham khảo tài liệu 'đề thi thử tốt nghiệp tiếng anh lớp 12, năm học 2010 - 2011 - trường thpt phương sơn', tài liệu phổ thông, ôn thi đh-cđ phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: ĐỀ THI THỬ TỐT NGHIỆP TIẾNG ANH Lớp 12, năm học 2010 - 2011 - Trường THPT Phương Sơn
- SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO ĐỀ THI THỬ TỐT NGHIỆP TIẾNG ANH
BẮC GIANG Lớp 12, năm học 2010 - 2011
Thời gian: 60 phút
Trường THPT Phương Sơn
Họ, tên thí sinh: ................................................
Số báo danh: ………………….. Mã đề thi
Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the others in each line .
1. A. helped B. watched C. struggled D. remarked
2. A. sentences B. topics C. oranges D. houses
3. A. enough B. laugh C. tough D. though
Choose the word that has stress pattern different from that of the other words.
4. A. maintain B. agree C. confide D. response
5. A. preservation B. continental C. investment D. expedition
Choose the best answer to complete each sentence.
6. It's very cold in here. ….. if I put on the heating?
A. Do you mind B. Will you mind C. Could you mind D. Can you mind
7. ….. to stay the night? - Oh, that's very kind of you.
A. Do you feel like B. Why don't you C. Would you like D. Do you enjoy
8. How much is the computer? - It ….. $ 500. I'm sure it is.
A. might be B. may be C. must be D. can be
9. What are you going to do this weekend? - ….. .
A. It's a good idea B. We plan to visit my grandparents
C. I'm very tired D. I don't like going out
10. That's a very nice dress you're wearing. - ….. .
A. That's nice B. I'm glad you like it C. That's all right D. You're quite right
11. ….. your teeth before going to bed by your mother?
A. Are you made to clean B. Are you made cleaning
C. Are you made clean D. Do you make clean
12. During the school year, my mother doesn't allow me ….. to bed late.
A. went B. going C. to go D. go
13. The teacher ….. has not yet arrived.
A. I wrote you about him B. whom I wrote to you about him
C. who I wrote to you D. I wrote to you about him
14. The ….. height of a man in some mountain districts is only 5 feet 9 inches.
A. maximum B. maxima C. minima D. minimum
15. " How long are you going to stay?" Susan asked George.
A. Susan asked George how long was he going to stay.
B. Susan asked George that how long he has gone to st ay.
C. Susan asked George how long you were going to stay.
D. Susan asked George how long he was going to stay.
16. George took ….. of the fine weather to feed his baby tiger in the garden.
A. advantage B. interest C. profit D. charge
17. You will spend at least one year working abroad ….. you can find out how things operate overseas.
A. as long as B. because C. so as to D. so that
18. By far, the most important Vietnamese ….. is Tet ( The Lunar New Year ).
A. vacation B. holiday C. ceremony D. anniversary
19. At this moment, the team ….. the game among themselves.
- A. has been discussing B. have discussing C. are discussing D. is discussing
20. She has been very ….. during my illness.
A. supported B. supporting C. support D. supportive
21. We are going to ….. .
A. have our house to be decorated B. have our house be decorated
C. get our house being redecorated D. have our house redecorated
22. He finds it ….. to read detective books.
A. fascinates B. fascinated C. fascinate D. fascinating
23. Do you think a close friend should share joy and sadness ….. you?
A. with B. on C. at D. between
24. The government ______ the earthquake victims with food, clothes and medicine.
A. gave B. provided C. offered D. carried
25. She is the first girl in my class ….. part in the volleyball club.
A. to take B. takes C. taking D. take
26. We should ….. every chance we have to speak English.
A. make use of B. make a use of C. make uses of D. make the use of
27. His bad exam results made his parents ….. .
A. disappointed B. disappoint C. disappointing D. disappointment
28. Jack, ….. I played tennis yesterday, was much fitter than me.
A. who B. whom C. with whom D. with who
29. The ….. he was, the more cigarettes he smoked.
A. worried B. more worried C. less worried D. most worried
30. We visited the church ….. in the 18 century.
A. that was built B. which was built C. All are correct D. built
Read the passage and choose the best answer for each blank.
Air pollution is a cause of ill-health in human beings. In a lot of countries there are laws limiting the amount of
smoke which … ( 31 ) .. can produce. Although there isn’t enough information on the … ( 32 ) .. of smoke in the
atmosphere, doctors have … ( 33 ) .. that air pollution causes lung diseases. The gases from the exhausts of cars
have also increased air pollution in most cities. The lead in petrol produces a … ( 34 ) .. gas whic h often collects in
busy streets surrounded by high buildings. Children who live in areas where there is a lot of … ( 35 ) .. in the
atmosphere cannot think as quickly as other children and are clumsy when they use their hands.
31. A. cars B. motorbikes C. kitchen D. factories
32. A. effects B. affects C. causes D. reasons
33. A. said B. thought C. proved D. provided
34. A. poisonous B. dangerous C. serious D. terrible
35. A. smoke B. lead C. dust D. gas
Choose the correct sentence which has the same meaning as the given one.
36. He can play the piano now. He could play it when he was 5.
A. He has been able to play the piano since he was 5.
B. He was able to play the piano since he was 5.
C. He has been able to play the piano when he was 5.
D. He has been able to play the piano for 5 years.
37. She knows a lot more about it than I do.
A. I know much more about it than she does. B. I don't know as much about it as she does.
C. I know as much about it as she does. D. I don't know so much about it than she does.
38. May I ask you some personal questions?
A. Would you mind answering some of my personal questions?
B. Do you mind answering some personal questions?
C. Is it OK if I ask you some personal questions?
D. Would you mind asking some personal questions?
39. People believe that 13 is an unlucky number.
- A. It was believed that 13 is an unlucky number. B. That 13 is an unlucky number is believed.
C. 13 is believed an unlucky number. D. It is believed that 13 is an unlucky number.
40. There won't be any rain tomorrow.
A. It won't rain tomorrow. B. There won't be no rain tomorrow.
C. There won't be raining tomorrow. D. There won't be rains tomorrow.
Choose the underlined part among A, B, C or D that needs correcting.
41. My father, that has a special craze for cars, has just bought another sports car.
A B C D
42. A lot of articles about the environment have written by my classmates.
A B C D
43. Unless you didn't give up eating so much meat, you will continue to put on weight.
A B C D
44. Although his family is poor, but he studies very well.
A B C D
45. The government has classified 54 species of mammal and 60 species of birds in Viet Nam today as being
endangered. A B C
Read the following passage and choose the best answer for each question.
The problem of the use of our natural resources may be divided into four parts. These deal with trees, soil, water
and minerals. In a sense, the first three are closely related, for water is a great destroyer of soil, and trees are its
great protectors. Trees need both soil and water to grow. And water, to be of any real use, needs to be k ept by soil
and trees. Minerals are apart. They exist where they are because of the changing physical nature of the earth. Man
has no control over the creation of the minerals, and once a particular supply has been used up, it is gone forever.
Conservation programmes have been instituted by most governments to prevent these four essentials fr om
reckless waste and to start the long process of repairing earlier damage to forests, soil and water supply.
46. The problem of the use of our natural resources may be divided into ….. .
A. two parts B. three parts C. four parts D. five parts
47. The relations between trees, soil and water ….. .
A. Water is a great destroyer of soil and trees are its great protectors
B. Trees need both soil and water to grow, and water needs to be kept by soil and trees
C. A & B are incorrect
D. A & B are correct
48. Minerals exist where they are ….. .
A. because of the changing phys ical nature of the earth
B. because they are also need to be kept by soil
C. because they are great protectors
D. All are correct
49. When minerals are used up, ….. .
A. they can be restored B. they are gone forever
C. they can be found soon D. they can be supplied again
50. To prevent these four essentials from reckless waste, ….. .
A. man has to have control over the creation of the minerals
B. most governments have instituted conservation programmes
C. man mustn’t cut trees
D. man mustn’t destroy minerals