Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh chuyên Quang Trung 2009-2010
Chia sẻ: dinhluyen2704
Đây là đề chính thức của UBND tỉnh Bình Phước kỳ thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 THPT chuyên Quang Trung năm học 2009-2010. Thời gian làm bài 120 phút.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Đề thi tuyển sinh lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh chuyên Quang Trung 2009-2010
SỞ GIÁO DỤC VÀ ĐÀO TẠO NĂM HỌC 2009-2010
Môn thi: TIẾNG ANH
ĐỀĐỀ CHÍNH THỨC C
THI CHÍNH THỨ Ngày thi: 24/6/2009.
Thời gian làm bài: 120 phút.
(Đề thi này gồm có 6 trang)
Họ và tên thí sinh:………………………………... Số báo danh: …………………..
Chú ý: Thí sinh làm bài vào phiếu trả lời (có phát kèm đề).
Phần I: Chọn từ có phần gạch chân phát âm khác với những từ còn lại. (0.1 mark/each)
1. A. filled B. closed C. cleaned D. danced
2. A. publish B. until C. adult D. campus
3. A. check B. channel C. character D. change
Phần II: Chọn từ có vị trí phần trọng âm khác vị trí với những từ còn lại. (0.1 mark/each)
4. A. minimize B. dynamite C. pollution D. pesticide
5. A. disappointed B. documentary C. ordinary D. unpolluted
Phần III: Chọn phương án thích hợp (A, B, C or D) để hoàn thành yêu cầu của câu. (0.05
6. She can find no ______ to her financial troubles.
A. solution B. resolution C. solving D. response
7. Nowadays, Vietnamese women wear the Ao dai on special ______.
A. chances B. opportunities C. occasions D. times
8. Vietnamese women today often prefer to wear modern clothing at work ______ it is more convenient.
A. although B. however C. as D. moreover
9. His parents always provide food and clothes ______ him.
A. with B. for C. to D. from
10. There are no use ______ to him. He never answers letters.
A. write B. to write C. written D. writing
11. Neither the students nor the teacher ______ come.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
12. The twins are so much ______ that people find it difficult to tell one from the other.
A. like B. liking C. alike D. likeness
13. They came and informed us ______ their decision.
A. about B. of C. for D. on
14. ______ goes the bus! Now we’ll have to walk.
A. On time B. At once C. There D. Early
15. You can’t smoke in here. It is ______ the law.
A. anti B. according C. against D. opposite
16. My parents get up very early this morning ______ pack the car for our journey.
A. so that B. in order to C. because D. in case
17. Because the first pair of pants did not fit, he asked for ______.
A. another pant B. others pants C. another pair D. the other pairs
18. On the way to the town, they stop ______ a rest.
A. taking B. take C. to take D. to taking
19. We always spent our summer holidays ______.
A. in the sea B. at the country C. in the beach D. at the seaside
20. ______ you run quickly, you are likely to be late.
A. If B. Unless C. Since D. However
21. “Can you come back later, Marry? David’s busy ______ his homework at the moment”.
A. and does B. and doing C. doing D. to do
22. By the time their son arrives, the Smiths hope ______ painting and decorating the room.
A. having finished B. having been finished C. to have finished D. to have been finished
23. It’s two years ______ John.
A. that I don’t see B. that I haven’t seen C. since I didn’t see D. since I saw
24. They ______ out after lunch and they’ve just come back.
A. went B. have gone C. are gone D. are going
25. I ______ television a lot but I don’t any more.
A. was watching B. was used to watch C. used to watch D. am watching
26. Each July, we ______ to Turkey for a holiday.
A. are going B. go C. went D. were going
27. The growing numbers of visitors ______ the footpaths.
A. is damaging B. are damaging C. damages D. damage
28. It’s late. It’s time ______ home.
A. we go B. we must go C. we went D. we’d go
29. The car broke down and we ______ a taxi.
A. must have got B. had got to get C. had to get D. must get
30. Though Ken didn’t have a ticket, he ______ come in.
A. could B. can C. might D. was allowed to
31. There’s someone walking behind us. I think ______.
A. we are following B. we are being followed
C. we are followed D. we are being following
32. Where ______? Which hairdresser’s did you go to?
A. did you cut your hair B. have you cut your hair
C. did you have cut your hair D. did you have your hair cut
33. She is one of the few people ______.
A. who look up to B. to whom I look up C. I look up to D. to who I look up
34. ______ at the party, we saw Richard standing alone.
A. Arrived B. We arrived C. Arriving D. We’re arriving
35. She reassured me that she ______ the card.
A. had posted B. has posted C. posted D. posts
36. We suggested ______ in hotels but the children were anxious ______ out.
A. to sleep-to camp B. sleeping – to camp C. sleeping-camping D. to sleep-about camping
37. Next summer, we are ______ a swimming pool built in our back garden.
A. making B. deciding C. setting D. having
38. Van Quyen has only ______ two goals so far in this season.
A. made B. hit C. scored D. kicked
39. Due to bad weather, the picnic has been put ______until next Wednesday.
A. forward B. on C. out D. off
40. According to ______ surveys, the majority of Britons want capital punishment restored.
A. the most B. most C. most of D. the most of
41. You ______continue. You’ve made your point clearly enough already.
A. needn’t B. mustn’t C. don’t have to D. won’t
42. Before you begin the exam paper, always read the ______ carefully.
A. orders B. instructions C. rules D. answers
43. When the company has to close because of economic difficulties he becomes ______.
A. inconsiderable B. redundant C. deliberate D. unsatisfactory
44. Be quiet! It’s rude to ______people when they are speaking.
A. interfere B. interrupt C. prevent D. introduce
45. The wind was so strong that it ______his tent into pieces.
A. broke B. tore C. smashed D. destroyed
46. “Would you mind if I turned on TV?” – “I’d really rather you ______”.
A. not to do B. didn’t C. don’t D. don’t mind
47. I hate ______ when my friends use my computer without asking permission.
A. that B. about C. a thing D. it
48. Children always need their parents’ support, ______ they’re 4 or 24.
A. if B. in spite of C. whether D. until
49. Public concern about environmental issues has risen ______ in recent years.
A. highly B. deeply C. generously D. considerably
50. All laboratories have instructions about what to do ______ fire.
A. in place of B. in charge of C. in danger of D. in case of
51. You can leave the vegetables but eat as ______of the meat as you can.
A. much B. more C. most D. many
52. –“Someone is knocking at the door. ______ it be Mary?”.
– “It ______ Mary. To my certain knowledge she is in Moscow.”
A. May - isn’t B. Could – can’t be C. Is – can’t be D. Might–may not be
53. You’ve had a fever for a week, you ______ better see a doctor.
A. are B. should be C. had D. would
54. Who was the first American person ______ on the moon?
A. walking B. who walks C. walked D. to walk
55. –“Are we about to have lunch?” – “Yes, it ______ in the dining room.”
A. is serving B. serves C. is being served D. served
56. Remarks that what children make can be ______ and amusing.
A. delighted B. delighting C. delightful D. delight
57. I wish you ______that! It’s a really annoying habit.
A. didn’t do B. wouldn’t do C. couldn’t do D. don’t do
58. They are complaining about the ______ of public transport service.
A. frequent B. infrequent C. infrequency D. frequency
59. Ha Long Bay is ______ as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO.
A. recognized B. seen C. believed D. spoken
60. They won’t replace a new shirt until their old one has ______ out.
A. worn B. wear C. been wearing D. wore
61. He gave listeners a vivid ______ of his journey to Dalat.
A. account B. tale C. request D. requirement
62. That picture always ______ me of a holiday I spent in Angkor Watt.
A. remembers B. awakens C. reminds D. connects
63. “Susan, what would you ______ do tomorrow evening?”
A. like B. rather C. better D. ought to
64. Have you got a pen pal ______?
A. of your own B. of yourself C. of you D. of your
65. All students in my school are accustomed ______school uniform.
A. to wear B. to wearing C. wearing D. at wearing
66. What ______ advice she gave us!
A. so good B. such a good C. so good an D. good
67. Either John or his cousins ______the key to the car.
A. has been taken B. has taken C. have taken D. have been taken
68. The entrance examination for Quang Trung specialized and gifted school will be held ______
June 23rd, 2009.
A. in B. on C. at D. to
69. He read this article on the website last night, ______?
A. doesn’t he B. didn’t he C. did he D. hasn’t he
70. Are all the students used ______their summer vacation in the countryside?
A. to spend B. spend C. to spending D. spending
71. If I ______him, I would treat her better.
A. is B. am C. was D. were
72. They are still playing on the field ______raining heavily.
A. though B. because of C. despite of D. in spite of
73. Study harder ______.
A. if you will pass the exam B. and you will pass the exam
C. unless you pass the exam D. or you will pass the exam
74. Do you know the man ______ car Jack is driving?
A. who B. whom C. whose D. which
75. “______”. –“Don’t worry. I can fix it.”
A. Are you worried? B. May I fix your TV?
C. The TV is out of order again D. I want to fix your TV.
76. I forgot ______ the door when I left my apartment this morning.
A. to lock B. locked C. locking D. lock
77. ______ television people can get the hottest information and enjoy interesting programs.
A. With B. Thanks to C. On D. On behalf of
78. We’ve run ______sugar. Could you buy some more?
A. out of B. after C. off D. away
79. The boy ______ by the window is my little brother.
A. stand B. is standing C. stands D. standing
80. You must try not to ______ these mistakes again.
A. do B. perform C. make D. take
Phần IV: Chia dạng đúng của động từ trong ngoặc (0.05 mark/each).
A. I (go – 81) ______ abroad with my friends if I (have -82) ______ much money.
B. - “Did you advise him (go-83) ______to the police?”
- “No, I didn’t like (give-84) advice on such an important matter.”
C. Who (carry-85) ______your bag when we climb the mountain?
D. That dead tree is very dangerous. I will have it (cut-86) ______down tomorrow.
E. It (snow-87) ______ for three days now. The road (block-88) ______if it doesn’t stop soon.
F. She can not imagine what he (do-89) ______ there now.
G. We’ll meet Alice at the corner. She (wait-90) ______until we ______(arrive-91).
H. The children were frightened because it (get-92) ______ dark.
I. It (rain-93) ______ very much in this part of the country every spring.
J. This picture (take-94) ______long before he joined the army.
K. After I (have-95) ______him repaint my house, I flew to Hanoi.
Phần V: Trong mỗi câu sau đều có một lỗi sai. Hãy tìm lỗi sai và sửa lại cho đúng. (0.1 mark/each)
Example: I enjoy to listen to music in my free time.
A B C D
Answer: B listening.
96. I spend most of the time to surf the web because I just don’t know which website is useful for me.
A B C D
97. The examiner asked Lan how she will use English in the future.
A B C D
98. The spectators at the football ground became violently when their favorite team lost the match.
A B C D
99. I’d recommend this book for anyone that loves detective stories.
A B C D
100. If you want to attend the course, you must pass the writing test.
A B C D
101. This is the first time I have eaten Japan food.
A B C D
102. Your brother-in-law hardly goes to work by bus, doesn’t he?
A B C D
103. Even though being ill, Peter still went to school last Monday.
A B C D
104. My brother didn’t wear that uniform since he left school.
A B C D
105. Nam asked Mai what can he do to help her.
A B C D
Phần VI: Điền dạng đúng của những từ cho trong ngoặc. (0.1 mark/each)
106. I want to ______ this cake into 4 parts. (Division)
107. He is a famous ______. (Collect)
108. I’m ______ that people have spoiled this area. (Appoint)
109. How can we ______littering? (Prevention)
110. We are ______ that you won the prize. (Amaze)
111. We want to be the ______. (Environment)
112. ______ snakes are very dangerous. (Poison)
113. He broke the vase because of his ______. (Care)
114. Mrs. Smith is a good ______. (Cook)
115. It is not good to use ______ to catch fish. (Electric)
Phần VII: Đọc và dùng những từ cho sẵn trong khung để hoàn thành đoạn văn sau.
(Có 4 từ không phải dùng đến) (0.125 mark / each)
According to designed events make pictures means
bring about entertainment Through faraway take In addition to
Television is one of the most important ______ (116) of communication. It brings ______(117) and
sounds from around in the world into millions of homes. A person with a television set can sit in his house
and watch the President ______ (118) a speech or visit a foreign country. He can see a war being fought
and watch statesmen try to bring about peace. ______ (119) television, home viewers can see and learn
about people, places, and things in ______ (120) lands. TV even takes its viewers out of this world. It
brings them coverage of America’s astronauts as the astronauts explore outer space.
______ (121) all these things, television brings its viewers a steady stream of programs that are
______ (122) to entertain. In fact, TV provides many more ______ (123) than any other kind. The
programs include action-packed dramas, light comedies, sporting events and motion pictures.
Phần VIII: Sau đây là đoạn văn của David. Hãy đọc kỹ và trả lời T (True) nếu thông tin đưa ra
cuối đoạn là đúng với nội dung bài đọc; trả lời F (False) nếu nội dung đưa ra là sai. (0.1 mark /
One of my favorite places for a vacation is Mexico. I really like the weather because it never gets
cold there. The people are very nice, too. They never laugh at my bad Spanish. And the food is wonderful!
Mexico City is a very interesting place to visit. It has some great museums and lots of fascinating
old buildings. And the hotels are not too expensive. But you can stay in other places in Mexico. For
example, you should go to one of the beach resorts – like Acapulco. And you shouldn’t miss the Mayan
temples near Merida.
T (True) F (False)
124. David likes warm weather. ______ ______
125. His Spanish is very good. ______ ______
126. There’s a lot to see and do on a vacation in Mexico. ______ ______
127. The hotels in Mexico City are pretty expensive. ______ ______
128. The Mayan temples are in Mexico City ______ ______
Phần IX: Chọn phương án thích hợp (A, B, C hoặc D) để hoàn thành đoạn văn sau. (0.05
Our classes take place for three hours every morning from Monday to Friday. The maximum class
size is twelve and the average is ten. We use modern methods of teaching and learning, and the school has a
language laboratory, a video camera and recorder. You will only be successful in improving your English,
however, if you work hard and ______ (129) speaking English as much as you can. You will take a short
______ (130) in English as soon as you arrive. In this way, we can put you in a ______ (131) at the most
There are two classes at the Elementary level; one is complete ______ (132) and the other is for
students who know only a little English. In both classes you will practise simple conversations.
In the class at the Intermediate level you will have a lot of ______ (133) in communicating in real-
life situations because we help you to use the English you have previously ______ (134) in your own
country. You will also have the chance to improve your ______ (135) of English grammar and to build up
The emphasis is on oral communication practice in a wide variety of situations at the advanced
______ (136). You will learn how to use language correctly and appropriately when you ______ (137) to
native speakers. In addition, you will develop such study skills as reading efficiently, writing articles and
reports, and note-taking from books and ______ (138).
129. A. to try B. try C. trying D. tries
130. A. test B. examination C. examining D. A & B are correct
131. A. class B. room C. school D. place
132. A. students B. people C. partners D. beginners
133. A. practice B. practiced C. practicing D. practices
134. A. learnt B. studied C. acquired D. All are correct
135. A. knowledge B. mind C. subject D. matter
136. A. level B. step C. knowledge D. qualification
137. A. speak B. say C. tell D. discuss
138. A. lecture B. lecturing C. lectures D. lectured
Phần X: Hãy dùng từ gợi ý để viết lại mỗi câu sau sao cho nghĩa của câu không thay đổi.(0.1 mark/each)
139. When did they start wearing this uniform? How long ______?
140. “Gone with the Wind” is the name of the novel. They have named ______.
141. Learning English is not easy. It ______.
142. No one has grown maize on this farm. Maize ______.
143. Peter is the same age as David. Peter is as ______.
144. You had better not touch that switch. If I ______.
145. The traffic was so bad that the journey took six hours. It ______.
146. He was rescued from the mountain by John. It was ______.
147. Ms. Sandy is the teacher I admire most of all. There ______ .
148. The food is so stale that we cannot eat it. The food is ______.
=== THE END===
Top Download Tiếng Anh Phổ Thông
9p 1243 765
84p 8535 3672
58p 3828 3525
117p 1907 728
17p 5686 5565
126p 1731 1373
42p 7014 3737
63p 2466 1709
40p 6338 3818
225p 3222 2197
7p 10 1