Giáo án Anh văn lớp 11 - Unit 10 - Period 80
Chia sẻ: vertu1209
By the end of the lesson, the students are able to scan reading for specific information. By the end of the lesson, the students are able to skim reading for general ideas. By the end of the lesson, the students are able to understand the content of the text.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 11 - Unit 10 - Period 80
- Lesson Plan 1(grade 11 – advanced) Period 80: Preparation date : 23/1/2008 Unit : 10 Lesson :Sources of Energy – reading. I. Aims : - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to scan reading for specific information. - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to skim reading for general ideas. - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to understand the content of the text. II. Lexical items : -dim -urgent -respiratory -grind -arduous -carry out -expose -generate III. Structures : - One – third of humanity does not have modern energy supplines, with which their life could be improved. IV. Teaching aids: - textbook - picture / drawings - chalk - handouts V. Techniques : - Skill – based ( reading) VI. Procedures : State/time Teacher’s and students’ activities Blackboard Materials 1. Warm- Game: ‘Stop the bus’ up & lead- -Arrange the class in four or five groups . . in -Tell each group to take out a sheet of handouts
- (7’) paper. -tell SS’ you ‘re going to ask them to write down three certain things each time. They will listen and do what you ask them to as quickly as possible . -Tell SS that when they have the words they must shout “stop the bus” and hold their group’s sheet of paper in the air to win. -read the words and check with the class before awarding points to the group. The group with more points wins the game. -Check SS’ understanding of instructions and have them start the game. -Ask SS: -From the things we’re got Chalk and ,guess the topic of the next unit ( board. expected :Energy/ Sources of Energy) Transition: -Yes, Unit 10 will focus on Unit 10 Sources of different sources of energy. So what is Energy – reading energy? -Write down on the board: 2. Pre- sources of energy. Chalk and
- reading -Check with the whole class. -fundamental : co ban , thiet board (7’) -Ask SS which source of energy they use yeu for home cooking and heating and the -dim : mo mo reason why. -arduous = needing much effort or energy, laborious : teaching Vocabulary: kho khan, gian nan -Introduce some new vocabulary . -urgent : khan , khan cap -Read the words one by one and ask SS to -carry sth out : thuc hien repeat -respiratory : thuoc ve ho hap -expose: de cho ai tiep xuc voi -generate : phat sinh -grind : nghien , xay
- 3. while - Activity 1: Matching pictures with textbooks reading sources of energy (task a, pp.139-140 ) (17’) -Tell SS to look at the pictures and match them with the words or phrases for the Activity 2: Categorizing: Renewable or Non-renewable? ( Task b, p.140 ) handouts -Ask SS to read the descriptions of tow kinds of energy sources and then put the names in task a in the correct category. Activity 3: Gap Questions These are the sentences on -give out handouts with gapped sentences the handout: about the content of the text. -When they have finished , -Tell SS to close their books and try to fill tell SS to compare answers in the gaps in the sentences. with a partner. -Then ask them to check their answers by -Call on Ss to read their reading the passage again. completed sentences and check with the class. Expected answers: 1. collection; operate; study 2. cooking; heating 3. renewable source
- Discussion Textbooks 4. Post- -Put SS into small groups of 4 or 5 reading -Ask them to express their opinions on the (10’) following questions: a. which energy sources are people in different areas in Viet Nam currently using for home cooking? b. The advantages and disadvantages of renewable sources of energy. -Go around to control and give help if necessary. -Call on SS to report about their groups’ Discussion -Give feedback and comments on what SS have. 5. Language Review Book and Homework -Tell SS to review the new vocabulary notebook (1’) learnt in the text.