Giáo án Anh văn lớp 11 - Unit 15 - Lesson : Language Focus - grammar
Chia sẻ: vertu1209
- By the end of the lesson, the students are able to form and use compound adjective - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to use such passive forms as It is said that …. / is said that II- Lexical items : - well - behaved - well-kept II. Structures : It is expected that more buildings will be built in this area.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 11 - Unit 15 - Lesson : Language Focus - grammar
- Lesson Plan (grade 11 – advanced) Period 127: Preparation date : 23/4/2008 Unit 15 : Lesson : Language Focus- grammar I. Aims : - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to form and use compound adjective - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to use such passive forms as It is said that …. / is said that II- Lexical items : - well - behaved - tailor – made - ready-made - well-kept - self –made - custom-made II. Structures : - It is expected that more buildings will be built in this area. - The Taj Mahal is believed to be a symbol of love. III. Teaching aids: - textbook - handouts - pieces of paper - chalk and board IV. Techniques : - writing-based ( communicative approach.) V. Procedures : State/time Teacher’s and students’ activities Blackboard Materials
- 1. warm- Game: Match up up - put SS into groups of six Word cards: -Pictures (5’) - give each group a set of word - known - ready - tailor - - chalk cards below and a poster on which kept - self - dressed - man and board there are two columns WELL- and establish - custom - hand - -MADE home - behaved - Allow SS 5 minutes to do the task - as the time is up, have the groups to stick their posters up on the board - the group which gets the highest number of correct words wins - go over the adjectives with whole class. Transition: Tell SS that today they are to learn more about these kinds Unit 15: Language Focus – of adjectives and other grammar Grammar. points. 2. Word - write down on the board: study Well + PP Noun + (15’) Compound Adjectives: Adjective + made - get SS to put the adjectives into made the correct categories * Well + pp adjectives:
- - Well – dressed: an mac chinh - draw SS attention to the stress te patterns of the compound - well – behaved : cu xu tot adjectives. The primary stress falls - well – kept : duoc bao quan on the second element, and the tot secondary stress is on the first one - well – established : dung vung - well – known : noi tieng * Noun / adjective + made Adjective - custom-made : che tao, thiet ke theo don dat hang - tailor –made: do tho may lam - home-made duoc lam tai nha - self-made: tu thanh dat - ready-made : may san, lam san
- It is said that …. / He is said …. - textbook 3. - we can use these structures with a Ex: It is said that he is 108 - Chalk Grammar number of other verbs, especially : years old. and board (20’) Think, believe, consider, report, = He is said to be 108 years know , expect, allege, understand old. - these structures are often used in = People say that he is 108 news reports year old. . Activity 1 : gap-filling (task a, The expected answers: textbook p. 209) - Have SS do task a textbook, p.42 - Call on SS to speak out the answers -Invite class opinions and give feedback. Activity 2: transformations (task The expected answers: - chalk & b, textbook, pp 209-210) 1. well – known board - ask SS to the task in pairs 2. self-made - - go around the class, giving help 3. well-behaved Textbook where needed 4. well-dressed - call on SS to write the answers up 5. well-kept on the board 6. tailor-made - go over the answers with the 7. ready-made
- whole class. 8. custom-made Activity 3: production - ask SS to make sentences about themselves or their classmates, suing the structures It is said that Linh …./ Linh is said …… - Put SS into groups of four, and have them compare their sentences - call on some SS to speak out their answers - invite class opinions and make corrections in front of the whole class. 4. - have SS write sentences using the homework compound adjectives they have . learnt.