Giáo án Anh văn lớp 11 - Unit 15 - Lesson : writing
Chia sẻ: vertu1209
- By the end of the lesson, the students are able to organize accounts in chronological order. - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to write a biography II. Lexical items : - biography - chronological order.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 11 - Unit 15 - Lesson : writing
- Lesson Plan (grade 11 – advanced) Period 125: Preparation date : 20/4/2008 Unit 15: Lesson : writing I. Aims : - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to organize accounts in chronological order. - By the end of the lesson, the students are able to write a biography II. Lexical items : - biography - chronological order III. Structures : - he was born in Dijon, France, in 1832, to a family known for fine craft work of wood - he graduated from L’Ecole Centrale des Arts et Manufactures, Paris, in 1855. IV. Teaching aids: - textbook - handouts - Sheets of paper - chalk and board - pictures V. Techniques : - writing-based - Procedures : State/time Teacher’s and students’ activities Blackboard Materials
- 1. warm- Games: famous people up - arrange the class into two groups, A and pictures (7’) B - get the group representatives to draw straws for who goes first. - show SS pictures of or related to famous people , one by one and let the groups decide whom the picture refers to. - award one point for each correct answer, and stick that picture up on the board. If the group in question fails to give the answer, the turn then passes to the other group. Play continues until all the pictures are shown. - keep a total running of points for each group. - the group with more points wins - refer back to the pictures just stuck on the board and ask SS whose life they know much about Transition: do you know how to write a Unit 15: p125:Writing a biography? That’s the focus of our lesson biography today.
- - write down on the board: 2. Pre- Activity 1: presenting an outline writing - elicit what to be included in a - expressions of time: Chalk and (10’) biography from SS: . In his later years…. board Name, date, and place of birth, his or her . at the age of 20…. family, social, cultural. Educational . On March 1st , 1890 ….. background . During the winter, he …. - tell SS that a biography is normally - clause of time: organized in chronological, i.e. in the . she moved to China when order of time that the events take place. she was nine Activity2:introducing useful language . as soon as she finished Chalk and her degree, she worked as a board nurse . after his father died, his mother went to work
- 3. while- Activity 1: Re-arranging (task b, writing textbook, p.206-207) Expected answers: Small (20’) - divide Ss into small groups. Each group 1. g 2. c 3. i 4. e 5. a board is given a poster with phrases on and a 6. h 7. b. 8. d. 9. f cards set of faces: neutral (yellow), smiling (pink) and sad (blue) - Ask Ss to stick a neutral face next to a refusal one. - Tell Ss to stick the poster on the board when they have finished. The first group to finish with all correct answers will win the game. - demonstrate using the phrases on the boar and then have Ss start. - go over the answers and show a poster with the phrases in 3 categories Activity 2: identifying main ideas - give each student a copy of the text below ( appendix 2) - put SS into groups of four. Headings: - ask SS to divide the text into five - introduction - early paragraphs according to these headings - private life - later - call on group representatives to give the career
- answers. - life now 4. Post- Peer correction Handouts writing - Ask Sts to work in group of 5, deliver Card 1- Jack and card 2 – + sheets (10’) each group 5 pieces of writings and tell Sinh are delivered out Sts. of paper them to read and correct their friends’ narratives. - Tell each group to choose the best piece of writing, and the most special story. - Go around to control and give help if necessary. - Call a St. from each group to read their group’s best writing, and ask Sts to give comments. 5. - Ask Sts to write a biography as guided textbook Homework at home for preparing next time. (1’)