Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - LESSON PLAN Unit 2 : (Cont) - Speaking
Chia sẻ: vertu1209 | Ngày: 20-10-2010
* Aim: Talking about differences among cultures * Lexical items: words of cultural diversity * Gram / Struc: I think / feel / believe … / I don’t agree * Teaching aids: pictures.
- LESSON PLAN Unit 2 : (Cont) Section B : Speaking * Aim: Talking about differences among cultures * Lexical items: words of cultural diversity * Gram / Struc: I think / feel / believe … / I don’t agree * Teaching aids: pictures * Procedure :
- Time STAGES Teacher ‘s act Students’act I/ Warm-up: Questions about - asks - answer homelife. questions - go to the board and 1. How many people are there in - asks sts to write the answers 3’ your family? write answers 2. Who are they? on the board 3. Do your grand parents live in your family? 4. So how many generations live + New lesson in your home? 5. Is it good? - Talking about the differences between Vietnamese and American cultures - follow the T guide II/ Before speaking: - repeat 10’ * New Words: - follows the - nursing home (n): nhà an steps for - copy dưỡng presenting of - feature (n): nét đặc vocabulary biệt - - work in pairs one says - corresponding (a): tương ứng pronounciation and one disagrees với - grocery (n) cửa hàng tạp phẩm
- - similarity (n) sự giống - points at the nhau book * Pronounciation III/ While speaking: * Task 1: work in pairs, each pair choose one topic in Task 1, and + gives show their point of view to each example: other. Then come to another topic. + T thinks it is a good idea to 20’ You Your friend have three or I think/feel/believe I don’t agree … four In my opinion … It‘s not true … generations For me … That‘s wrong living under … one roof. They can help each * Task 2: Discussion and find out other a lot. the corresponding features of + That‘s not Vietnamese culture. true. In some In American In Vietnamese countries many old-aged parents like to - pair work live in a nursing home.
- They want to - Use special expressions: lead Do you know that …? independent lives It is said that … - asks sts to It is said in newspaper/ on TV/ work in pairs studio that … - correct if necessary T: Hi Tam. It is said that in American two generations (parents and children) live in a home. Is that the same in Viet Nam? S: Not completely because we still find three or four generations living together in the same home especially - goes round in the country or places in the big and helps -copy down cities where accommodation is very difficult to find. - In Vietnamese, old- aged parents live with their children and grandchildren. - checks They want to be near their children so that they can give them some help and be taken care of by their own - gives
- children when they are sick. feedback - group work - It‘s Ok to ask about age, marriage and income. It‘s just a way to show concẻrns. - When visiting some one‘s house , Vietnamese greet older people first and then the younger ones later. - Vietnamese people tend to buy groceries everyday because there are always markets near the place where - asks sts to they live. work in group IV/ Post: * Task 3: Talk about the differences and the similarities between Vietnamese and American culture using the features discussed in task 2. Ex: There are differences and similarities between Vietnamese and American cultures. In America, two generations 10’ (parents and children) live in a home. In Vietnam, two, three or even four
- generations live under one roof. 2’ V/ Home work: Practice interviewing at home .