Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 5: Higher education (Reading)
Chia sẻ: vertu1209
To help sts to practice reading skill. * Objective: By the end of the lesson, students know more about the first impressions of university life.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án anh văn lớp 12 - Unit 5: Higher education (Reading)
* Aim: To help sts to practice reading skill.
* Objective: By the end of the lesson, students know more about the first
impressions of university life.
* Teaching aids: Textbook, picture, posters
Time Contents Teacher’s activities Students’
* Warm up: Guessing word - Divide class in to 2
HIGHER EDUCATION groups.
- Explain how to this - play game
applicant (n): người xin học - Using different ways - Give the
application from (n): đơn xin học to introduce these new meaning
blame (v): đổ lỗi words
daunt (v): làm nản long
mate (n): bạn bè - Ask sts to take note - Copy down the
scary (v): sợ hãi new words
undergraduate course: khóa học đại học
* Rub out remember
- Call some sts to - Give out the
check them new words
Task 1: Complete the following sentences, - Ask sts to read - read carefully
using the right forms of word in the box. carefully these and do exercise
campus blame scary challenge sentences - compare the
amazing - Find suitable word to results with their
1. The new library was built in the centre of fill in the blanks friends
2. They ______ the rise in oil prices for the
big increase in inflation.
3. That’s the ______ story I’ve ever heard.
4. Intelligent boys like to study something if
it really ______ them.
5. The new car goes at an _______ speed.
Key: 1. campus 2. blame
3. scariest 4. challenge 5.
Task 2: Find out who: (SGK) - Ask sts to word in - Pair work
a. attended a ............. pairs do task 2
b. didn’t get ..............
c. was not .................
d. liked .....................
e. was very ...............
f. enjoyed .................
Key: Sarah: 1. a 2. e
Ellen: 3. b 4. c
Brenden: 5. d 6. f
Task 3: Answer the following questions
- Ask sts to answer
1. What this Sarah do on the first these questions - Correct & copy
weekend? down in their
2. Why did Sarah feel so lonely at the - Correct books.
3. What problems did Ellen have with her
4. What this Brenden think about his first
year at college?
5. What doses the social calendars of the
colleges provide him?
1. She went out with her new friends,
walking around campus.
2. Because at her party everyone was
busy playing some game and no one
seemed to notice her.
3. Her roommate left the window open
when it was cold outside. She went to
bed early. She blamed Ellen for
making her sick.
4. Breden though the first year at college
was the best and most challenging of
5. It provides him plenty of opportunities
to meet non engineering student as
well as other engineers and many of
them have become his best friends.
- Learn the lesson
- Prepare spkeaking
Top Download Tiếng Anh
104p 2794 810
51p 1009 466
255p 2496 853
8p 1156 177
127p 6439 963
70p 1442 504
83p 3587 722
107p 862 467