Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 11 - PERIOD 71 - LESSON 5 : WRITE
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know how to write a narrative , using a guided composition . B / Teaching aids : pictures , gap fill charts , cardboards C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Which word ? ( Get Ss to study the definition of a narrative by a gap fill ) - Put the missing words on the board and have Ss study first : written – climax – attention – brief – events - Show the chart and ask Ss to...
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 11 - PERIOD 71 - LESSON 5 : WRITE
- PERIOD 71 LESSON 5 : WRITE A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know how to write a narrative , using a guided composition . B / Teaching aids : pictures , gap fill charts , cardboards C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Which word ? ( Get Ss to study the definition of a narrative by a gap fill ) - Put the missing words on the board and have Ss study first : written – climax – attention – brief – events - Show the chart and ask Ss to ill in the gaps Group work of 4/5 with the words in the box . Ss A narrative is a sequence of …(1)… These events are usually …(2)… in chronological order and often lead to a …(3) … The first sentence of a narrative should get the reader,s …(4)… and the ending should be …(5)… - Ask Ss of each group to go to the board and write the words as fast as possible .
- - Explain the definition in Vietnamese Answer key : 1. events 2. written 3. climax 4. attention 5. brief II / Pre- writing : Introduce the topic of the writing and some new words to Ss . 1. Pre – teach Vocabulary Ss - canoe (n) : using picture - to paddle (mime ) -> paddle (n) - to hire : thue muon - to overturn : lat up / lat do Teacher – Ss - to rescue = to save somebody ,s life from danger + Get Ss to copy down . * Checking vocabulary : Slap the board 2. Ordering statements : Setting the scene “ Last Whole class week , while on vacation in Da lat , The Jones family had quite an unforgettable adventure on Teacher – Ss Xuan Huong Lake . What did they do and what happened to them ? “
- - Ask Ss to read the first part of the story / 105 and rearrange the sentences / 106 to complete Pair work the story . - Call on some pairs to give their answers and correct . - Get some Ss to read the story aloud for the class and correct pronunciation errors . - Give feedback : c -> a -> g ->d -> f -> b -> e III / While – writing : 1. Explanation : - Have Ss look at the pictures / 106 – 107 and Teacher – Ss guess the meaning of the new words . - Explain the meanings of these words Whole – class + to stumble : truot chan + to go off : vang ra + to realize : nhan ra Individual - Get Ss to copy 2. Ordering pictures : - Ask Ss to look at the pictures again and
- rearrange the events in the correct chronological order to make it a story . - Call on some Ss to give their answers and Individual correct . - Give feedback : d -> b -> e -> h -> a -> f -> c -> g 3. Write – it – up : - Ask Ss to use the pictures already rearranged and the given words to write the story about Individual Uyen . - Monitor and help Ss with words or structures while they are writing . * Notice : The past simple tense is often used in a narrative . - Ask them to exchange their writings to correct for each other . - Call on some Ss to read their story aloud for he class - Give feedback : Uyen had a day to remember last week . she
- had a math exam on Friday but she got up late . She realized her alarm clock did not go off . As he was leaving home , it started to rain heavily . Uyen tried to run as fast as she could . Suddenly she stumbled against a rock and fell onto the Individual road . Her school bag went into a pool of water and everything got wet . Strangely , the rain stopped as she got to her classroom . Luckily , Uyen had enough time to finish her exam . Individual IV / Post – writing : - Call on some Ss to demonstrate the completed story in front of class . - Copy the story in their notebooks . V / Homework : 1. Learn by heart all new words and copy in their notebooks . 2. Work in groups of 4 writing a story to tell the class in the next lesson . 3. Prepare the next lesson .