Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 12 A VACATION ABROAD - PERIOD 74 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to aware of how to make accept and decline invitations . B / Teaching aids : Pictures , cassette , chart ( true / false ) C / Procedure : I / Warm up : 1. Guessing game ( Getting started ) - Show the pictures to Ss , one by one , and ask Ss to guess what country it is . - Feedback : a) The USA b) Australia c) Thailand d) Statue e) Canada f ) Japan 2. Chatting : T :Where do you want to visit among these countries?
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 12 A VACATION ABROAD - PERIOD 74 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
A VACATION ABROAD
PERIOD 74 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED
LISTEN AND READ
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to aware of how to
make accept and decline invitations .
B / Teaching aids : Pictures , cassette , chart ( true / false )
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up :
1. Guessing game ( Getting started )
- Show the pictures to Ss , one by one , and ask Ss to Individual
guess what country it is .
- Feedback :
a) The USA b) Australia c) Thailand
d) Statue e) Canada f ) Japan
2. Chatting :
T :Where do you want to visit among these countries?
T : Why ?
Ss : ……………………
II / Pre- reading : Introduce the topic of the passage
reading and some new words .
1. Pre – teach Vocabulary :
- to include : bao gom , gom co
- to come over : to come to Someone,s house to visit
for a short time Teacher – Ss
- to pick so up : to come and get so in your car to
drive him / her to a place
- abroad (adv ) = in a foreign country
-> to be / go / travel / live abroad
* Checking Vocabulary : Rub out and remember Whole class
2 . True / False Prediction
- Set the scene “ Mrs Quyen is going to the USA for a
vacation . She is ringing her friend , Mrs Smith , to Teacher
tell her about the trip . “
- Put the chart on the board and ask Ss to read the
a. Mrs Quyen is calling Mrs Smith from the airport in
San Francisco .
b. Mrs Smith invite Mrs Quyen and her husband to
stay with her while they are in town .
c. Mrs Quyen does not accept Mrs smith,s invitation
because she wants to stay with a Vietnamese friend of
d. Mrs Quyen and her husband will be in the USA for
3 days .
e. Mrs Quyen and her husband will come over to Mrs
Smith ,s place for dinner one night .
f. Mr Thanh ; Mrs Quyen,s husband , goes abroad for
a business meeting .
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to decide if the statements Pair work
are true or false .
- Call on some Ss to read their predictions and write Teacher – Ss
them on the board .
III / While – reading
1. Checking predictions :
- Have Ss open their books , listen to the tape while
reading the dialogue .
- Call on some Ss to correct the false statements . Individual
1. False -> Mrs Quyen is calling Mrs Smith from Ha
3. False -> … because her accommodation is included
in her tickets price .
5. False -> Only Mrs Quyen will come over to Mrs
Smith ,s .
2. Grid : Complete Mrs Quyen ,s schedule Whole class
- Ask Ss to read the dialogue again and work in pairs
to complete the grid with the information taken from Pair work
the dialogue .
- Call on some Ss to go to the board to write the
information in the grid on the board .
Date Mon 25 Tue 26 Wed 27 Thu 28
Schedule coming Going Having Leaving
to San out dinner San
Francisco with the Francisco
- Have Ss copy
3. Comprehension Questions
- Ask Ss to look at their books and answer the Individual
- Let Ss compare their answers with their partner. Pair work
- Call on some Ss to answer
- Give feedback and correct
Answer key :
a) No , they won,t . Because they are coming on a tour
, and their accommodation is included in the ticket
price , so they will stay at the hotel .
b) No , he won,t . Because he will have a business
meeting in the evening that day .
c) Mrs Smith will pick her up at her hotel .
- Get Ss to copy . Whole class
IV / Post – reading :
- Tell Ss to read the dialogue again and pick out the
statements indicating the following situations
1. Making an invitation
2. Accepting an invitation Pair work
3. Declining an invitation
4. Making a complaint
- Call on Ss to give their answers and have Ss copy .
1. Would you like to come and stay with us … ?
.. you must come over for dinner one night .
2. Ye , we ,d love to but we will only be in town for
three nights .
3. That is very kind of you but we are coming on a
4. Oh . dear . He is always working
V / Homework :
1. Learn by heart new words and structures to give
some more examples . Individual
2. Do the exercises in the workbook
3. Prepare the next lesson .
Period 75 Lesson 2 : Speak
A / Aims and Objectives : BY the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to talk about their
plans for a trip abroad .
B / Teaching aids : Photocopied tables , chart ( mapped dialogue ) , realia ..
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Quiz
- Tell the student who can answer the question will
get 1 or 2 good marks .
1. What is the end of everything ? ( letter g )
2. What word starts with T , ends with T , and is full
of T ? ( Teapot ; Pot -> full of
3. What is the middle of New York City ? ( York )
4. Which river in America has 4 eyes ? ( Mississippi )
Top Download Tiếng Anh
70p 1447 504
83p 3590 722
107p 862 467
8p 1157 177
127p 6440 963
255p 2499 854
104p 2795 810
51p 1009 466