Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 4 OUR PAST - PERIOD 21 - LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
Chia sẻ: mobell1209 | Ngày: 20-10-2010
UNIT 4 OUR PAST PERIOD 21 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to tell the activities people used to do in the past . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , cassette , chalks ... C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Getting started - Ask Ss to look at the picture and write the names of the things that do not belong to the past . * Answers : - The TV - The radio - The mobile - The...
- UNIT 4 OUR PAST PERIOD 21 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to tell the activities people used to do in the past . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , cassette , chalks ... C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Getting started - Ask Ss to look at the picture and write the names of the things that do not belong to the past . * Answers : - The TV Play game - The radio - The mobile - The light fixture - Modern clothing / school uniforms
- II / Pre - reading : 1. Pre- teach vocabulary Listen and repeat in - to look after = to take care of chorus , individually - Equipment (n) - example . - a folk tale : Tam Cam is a folk tale - Traditional ( adj ) Guess its meanings - a great grandma (n) and copy down * Checking : What and where Play game 2. T / F statements prediction - Ask Ss to read the statements and predict they are true or false . Statements Guess Key 1. Nga is used to live on farm F 2. Nga ,s grandma did not go T Work in groups to school . 3. She has an easy and happy F life when she was young . 4. There was not any modern T equipment at her time . F 5. “ The lost shoe “ is a short
- story - Read their - Call on Ss to read their predictions and write predictions them on the board . III / While - reading : Listen to the tape - Turn on the tape 2 times and look at their and look at their books to read the dialogue between Nga and books to check their her Grandma to check their predictions predictions - Ask them to correct the false statements . 1. Grandma used to love on farm 3. She had a hard life . - Correct the false 5. It is an old folk tale . ones * Comprehension : - Get Ss to work in pairs , asking and answering questions - Give feedback a. She used to live on a farm . b. Because she had to stay at home and help her Mom to look after her younger brothers and Practice asking and sisters . answering the c. She used to cook the meals , clean the house questions .
- and wash the clothes . d. Her great grandma used to lit the lamp and her great father used to tell stories . e. She asked her grandma to tell her the tale “ The lost shoe “ - Ask Ss to practice asking and answering the questions . * Fact or opinion - Have Ss read the statements part 3 and decide Read the statements which is a fact and which is a pinion . and decide which is Statements Fact Opinion a fact and which is a a. I used to live on a farm . X opinion . b. There was not any X electricity . X c. Mom had to do everything without the help of modern equipment . X d. My father used to tell us X stories X e. The best one was the lost
- shoe . f. Traditional stories are great . - Give feedback Practice in groups IV / Post - reading : Survey Did you use to ................? Name - Get up late . Demonstrate in front - Ride bicycle too fast . of class . - Go to school . - Eat too much candy . - Forget to do your homework - Give feedback by asking Ss some questions to Listen and copy . check “ Who used to get up late / ride bicycle too fast ...? “ - Write it down . V / Homework : 1. Write the result of their survey . 2. Learn by heart new words . 3. Prepare the next lesson .
- Trang hình ảnh không có nội dung Text