Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 4 - PERIOD 24 - LESSON 4 : READ
Chia sẻ: mobell1209 | Ngày: 20-10-2010
PERIOD 24 LESSON 4 : READ A/ Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to understand and retell the story - The lost shoe . B / Teaching aids : Text book , word cards for drilling , cassette ... C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Brainstorming Name some folks tales that you have read . Possible answers : - Cây tre trăm đốt ( one hundred-section bamboo ) - Tấm cám - Hoàng tử Cóc ( The frog Prince ) - Đôi hài 7 dặm ( Seven – mile shoes...
- PERIOD 24 LESSON 4 : READ A/ Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to understand and retell the story - The lost shoe . B / Teaching aids : Text book , word cards for drilling , cassette ... C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Brainstorming Name some folks tales that you have read . Possible answers : - Cây tre trăm đốt ( one hundred-section bamboo ) Play games - Tấm cám - Hoàng tử Cóc ( The frog Prince ) - Đôi hài 7 dặm ( Seven – mile shoes ) - Bạch tuyết và bảy chú lùn ( Snow white and 7 dwarfs ) Copy some names
- of the stories in English . The folk tales II / Pre - reading : Introduce the topic of the passage reading and some new words to Ss . Listen and copy 1. Pre – teach vocabulary : - cruel (a) = độc ác , ác nghiệt - upset (a) = worried - fairy (n) = truỵện cổ tích - magical (a) -> magically (adv) Listen and repeat - rag (n) ( realia ) in chorus , - to fall in love with = yêu individually . - immediately (adv ) = ngay lập tức * Checking : ROR Guess its 2. T / F statements predictions meanings and - Ask Ss to work in groups to predict copy . Statements Guess Key
- 1. Little Pea,s father is poor T farmer 2. Her father got married again T after his wife died . 3. Her new mother was beautiful F Play games and nice to her . 4. She worked hard all day . T 5. She did not have new clothes F to take part in the festival . - Call on some Ss to read their predictions and write them on the board III / While - reading : Work in groups 1. Checking the predictions : - Turn on the tape 2 times and ask them to look at their text books to check their predictions and correct the false ones . - Sentence 3 : Her new mother was cruel to her . - Sentence 5 : A fairy gave her beautiful clothes. Read their - Call on 2 Ss to read the story – Correct mistakes predictions if any .
- 2. Comprehension questions - Ask Ss to work in pairs answering the questions - Call on some pairs to practice asking and Listen and check answering . their predictions . - Listen and give feedback a. She was a poor farmer ,s daughter . b. She made her do the chores all day . Read their results c. Before the festival started , a fairy appeared and and correct the magically changed her rags into beautiful clothes . false ones . d. He decided to marry Little Pea because the shoe fitted her . e. Ss answer themselves . - Call on some pairs to practice in front of class. 3. Gap filling : Complete the sentences with words from the story . - Ask Ss to work in pairs , filling the blanks with suitable words from the story . Work in pairs to - Call on some Ss to read their complete sentences practice asking aloud . and answering the - Give feedback questions
- a. farmer b. died Work in pairs to c. used d. marry / choose complete the e. clothes f. lost sentences IV / Post - reading : Retell the story - Have Ss work in pairs , telling the story again in Read their details ( They can look at the statements in the gap complete filling exercise and add more ) sentences . - Call on some Ss to retell the story in front of class . - Correct mistakes if any V / Homework : Listen and copy . 1. Rewrite the story . Work in pairs to 2. Do exercises in workbook . retell the story in 3. Prepare the next lesson . details . Demonstrate in front of class . Listen and copy .
- Trang hình ảnh không có nội dung Text