Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 5 - PERIOD 32 - LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS
Chia sẻ: mobell1209 | Ngày: 20-10-2010
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use adverbs of manner and modal Should as an advice , reported speech with commands , requests and advice . B / Teaching aids : Text book , poster , ten cards . C / Procedure : I / Warm up : good rode warm eat Pelmanism bad ate fast sit badly sat Play games - Explain the meanings and uses of them + Hard (a) and hard ( adv ) have different meanings II / Presentation 1. Adverbs of manner ....
- PERIOD 32 LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use adverbs of manner and modal Should as an advice , reported speech with commands , requests and advice . B / Teaching aids : Text book , poster , ten cards . C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Pelmanism good warm bad fast badly rode eat ate sit sat Play games - Explain the meanings and uses of them + Hard (a) and hard ( adv ) have different meanings II / Presentation 1. Adverbs of manner . - Setting the scene “ Use any word from the game Pelmanism to complete the following sentences “ Listen and copy * Form : S + V + a / an + adjective + noun down or : S + be + Adjective S + V + adverb
- * Use : Adj modifies the noun after it / the subject Adv modifies the verb of the sentence . Exercise 1 / 52 : Complete the dialogues Work in pairs - Ask Ss to work in pairs . - Call on some pairs to demonstrate in front of class Demonstrate in - Give feedback . front of class . 1. hard 2. fast 3. badly 4. softly - Ask ss to practice the dialogue in open pairs . 2. Modal : Should - Ask Ss to look at Mr Hao,s house and answer some questions a. Is his house new ? Practice asking and b. Is the wall discolored ? answering the c. How is the door ? questions . d. Is there grass in his garden ? e. Should Mr Hao repair the roof ? Suggested answers : a. No , it isn ,t b. Yes , it is c. It is broken
- d. Yes. There is lots of grass in his garden. Listen and give e. Yes, he should . examples . -> Explain the modal “ Should “ + Form : S + Should + infinitive + Use : give advice + Meaning : nen ( lam gi ) Exercise 2 / 52 Give Ss the question “ What should he do with Practice in pairs his house ? mend ? / paint ? / replant ? / cut ? / repair ? - Ask Ss to work in pairs to use the verbs to advise Mr Hao what to do . - Call on some pairs to practice asking and answering the question “ What should he do with his house ? “ - Give feedback . a. Mr Hao should repair the roof . b…………...paint the house c. ……….....cut the grass .
- d. ……….....replant the tree e. ………….mend the door Practice in pairs in 3. Commands , requests in reported speech front of class . - Explain the form of the reported speech : * Form : To ask / tell + someone + to do something + Example : a. “ Can you give Tim this dictionary ? “ => Mr Jackson asked me to give you this dictionary b. “ Please give Tim this dictionary . “ Listen and copy . => Miss Jackson told me to give you this dictionary Exercise 3 / 53 : Explain the situation to Ss - Have Ss work in pairs to do exercise . - Call on some pairs to read their answers aloud Read the examples , then go to the board to write them on . aloud . - Give feedback a. Miss Jackson asked me to wait for her outside her office . Work in pairs
- b. Miss Jackson told me to give you your report card for this semester . Practice in front of c. Miss Jackson asked me to help you with your class . Spanish pronunciation . d. Miss Jackson told me to meet her next week . - Call on some Ss to practice is pairs and correct their pronunciations . 4. Advice in reported speech - Explain the form of it Some Ss come to * Form : S + said ( that ) + S + should + V ... the board to write Example : Miss Jackson said , “ Tim should them on work harder on his Spanish pronunciation . “ => Miss Jackson said you should work harder on your Spanish pronunciation . Exercise 4 / 53 Copy and read the - Ask Ss to work with their partners . examples aloud . - Call on some Ss to practice in pairs and correct pronunciation . Work in pairs - Give feedback a. Miss Jackson said you should spend more
- time on Spanish pronunciation . Practice in closed b. Miss Jackson said you should practice pairs and open pairs speaking Spanish every day . . c . Miss Jackson said you should listen to Spanish conversation on TV . d. Miss Jackson you should practice reading aloud passage in Spanish . e. Miss Jackson said you should use this Listen and copy . dictionary to find out how to pronounce Spanish words . III / Homework : 1. Review command , requests and advice in Reported Speech . 2. Copy all the exercises in their notebooks. 3. Prepare the next lesson .