Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 8 COUNTRY LIFE AND CITY LIFE - PERIOD 46 - LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
Chia sẻ: mobell1209 | Ngày: 20-10-2010
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to talk about the city life and the country life B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , cassette , chalks , boards … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Chatting - Talk to Ss about life in the city and life in the country by asking some questions 1. Where do you live ? 2. Do you want to live in the city ? Why ? 3. Do you want to live in the country ? Why ? = Lead in the new lesson.
- UNIT 8 COUNTRY LIFE AND CITY LIFE PERIOD 46 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to talk about the city life and the country life B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , cassette , chalks , boards … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Chatting - Talk to Ss about life in the city and life in the country by asking some questions Chatting 1. Where do you live ? ( whole class ) 2. Do you want to live in the city ? Why ? 3. Do you want to live in the country ? Why ? => Lead in the new lesson II / Pre -reading : Introduce the topic of the Listen and copy passage reading and some new words . 1. Pre – teach vocabulary : - a relative = uncles , aunts cousins - peaceful = quiet and calm (a) Listen and repeat
- - permanently (adv) : its means existing all the chorally time Copy down - accessible = co the den gan duoc - medical facilities = cac phuong tien y te Play game * Checking vocabulary : Rub out and remember 2. Brainstorming ( Getting started ) - Get Ss to talk about city life and country life . The words in the box of getting started may help you . city count life ry Work in groups Possible answers : - tall buildings - beautiful views - plenty kinds of goods - fresh food - polluted air - fresh air - traffic jams - friendly - entertainment - peaceful
- - busy III / While – reading : 1. True / false statements Statements True False 1. Na lives in the city x 2. Na went to a village which has x some relatives lives there . 3. The village is very peaceful x Work in groups to and quiet predict 4. Hoa prefers the city life x - Turn on the tape and ask Ss to work in groups to predict the true / false statements . - Call on some Ss to report their predictions and write them on the board. - Ask Ss to read the dialogue between Na and Hoa and compare their ideas - Give feedback and get more information Read the dialogue - Call on some pairs to practice the dialogue , compare their 2. Comprehension questions : ideas - Get Ss to work in pairs to answer the questions in
- ex 2 / 73 Practice the - Call on some pairs to practice asking answering dialogue in pairs the questions in front of class . - Give feedback a. Na has been to Kin Lien village Work in pairs b. She was there for the weekend c. to her , the countryside is peaceful and quiet and there is nothing to do . d. There is no libraries , no movies , no supermarket , no zoos … e. Country life is becoming better . Many remote area are getting electricity . People can now have things like refrigerators and TV , medical facilities are more accessible . - Ask Ss to work in closed pairs IV / Post - reading : Practice asking Discussion and answering the - Divide the class into 4 groups . Two groups questions include Ss who prefer the city life and the others include Ss who prefer the country life .
- - Ask Ss to work in groups to answer the questions “ Do you prefer the city or the country life ?Why ? “ - Call on 4 pioneers from 4 groups to show their Work in groups ideas before class . V / Homework : Demonstrate their 1. Learn by heart new words and copy two lines ideas in front of for each word class . 2. Copy the answers in their notebooks . 3. Prepare the next lesson . Listen and copy