Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 8 - PERIOD 51 - LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use Present progressive and comparative and superlative adjectives . B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , chalks , boards … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : A 1. play 2. do 3. watch 4. go 5. clean 6. have 7. phone 8. speak Matching B a. to Mom b. table tennis c. a program d. a meeting e. my aunt , Mrs Hang f. the house g. my homework h. to violin lesson - Call 2 volunteers from...
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 8 - PERIOD 51 - LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use
Present progressive and comparative and superlative adjectives .
B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , chalks , boards …
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Matching
A B Key
1. play a. to Mom 1.b Work in group
2. do b. table tennis 2.g ( 2 teams )
3. watch c. a program 3.c
4. go d. a meeting 4.h
5. clean e. my aunt , Mrs 5.f
6. have Hang 6.d
7. phone f. the house 7.e
8. speak g. my homework 8.a
h. to violin lesson
- Call 2 volunteers from 2 teams to do the
II / Practice :
1. Ex 2 : Ask Ss to use the suitable verbs in the Work in pairs
Present Progressive Tense to complete the
- Get Ss to work in pairs Answer the
- Call on some pairs to practice the dialogues questions
before class and correct
=> What tense do we use in 6 dialogues ?
What is the form ?
Look at the adverbs of time in the dialogue .
Are they at present or in the future ?
Present Progressive Tense is used to talk
about the future .
2. Ex 1 : Ask Ss to practice the dialogue as Work in pairs
S1 : Is the boat to Qui Nhon leaving at 11. 30 ?
S2 : Is that good fortune ?
S1 : That is right
S2 : I am very sorry . It has been delayed .
S1 : Oh , no !
S2 : Now , it is leaving at 13 . 45
- Give them the shipping information and ask
them to make similar dialogues Work individually
3. Ex 3 : Present Progressive Tense is used to
describe changes with “ get “ and “ become “
* Drill : Prepare six cards of cues
a. The boys / get / tall
b. The old men / become / weak
c. It / become / dark
d. The weather / get / cold Repeat chorally ,
e. The students / get / better individually
f. The school yard / become / cleaner
- Model first two cues , then whole class repeat
chorally , then some Ss read out individually Repeat the form of
- Give a new cue and go on until most of the Ss comparative and
in class can remember the structure . superlative
4 . Comparative and superlative adjectives adjectives
- Remind Ss of the forms of comparative and
* Comparative : Short adj - er + than +
More long adj + than +
* Superlative : The + short adjective - est Listen and copy
The most + long adjective
* Irregular adjectives
good/ well – better – the best
bad – worse – the worst
many – more – the most
little – less – the least Work in pairs
Ex 4 : Have Ss work in pairs to make
comparisons between the city and the country .
Ex : The air in the country is fresher than in the
- Let each Student read aloud one of the
sentences they have made .
- Give feedback
IV / Further practice :
- Ask Ss to read the advertisements then ask Listen and answer
them some questions to check their the questions
+ what are advertised ?
( an apartment , a villa and a house )
+ How old are they ?
( The apartment is 2 years old , the villa is 5
years old and the house is new )
+ How much do we pay per month ? Play game
( 900,000 dongs for the apartment , 6,6 million ( whole class )
dongs for the house and 7,8 million dongs for
the villa )
- Game “ Nought and Crosses “ , using
comparative and superlative adjectives Listen and copy
old expensive big
expensive small hot
big beautiful old
Eg : - The villa is older than the apartment
- The house is more expensive than the
V / Homework :
1/Redo all the exercises and copy down
2/ Prepare the next lesson .
Top Download Tiếng Anh Phổ Thông
40p 6361 3825
117p 1918 731
84p 8570 3683
9p 1285 786
126p 1744 1379
42p 7048 3752
225p 3236 2205
63p 2510 1730
17p 5701 5570
58p 3847 3529
7p 14 1
814p 26 7
54p 41 20