Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 8 - PERIOD 51 - LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use Present progressive and comparative and superlative adjectives . B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , chalks , boards … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : A 1. play 2. do 3. watch 4. go 5. clean 6. have 7. phone 8. speak Matching B a. to Mom b. table tennis c. a program d. a meeting e. my aunt , Mrs Hang f. the house g. my homework h. to violin lesson - Call 2 volunteers from...
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - Unit 8 - PERIOD 51 - LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS
- PERIOD 51 LESSON 6 : LANGUAGE FOCUS A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use Present progressive and comparative and superlative adjectives . B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , chalks , boards … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Matching A B Key 1. play a. to Mom 1.b Work in group 2. do b. table tennis 2.g ( 2 teams ) 3. watch c. a program 3.c 4. go d. a meeting 4.h 5. clean e. my aunt , Mrs 5.f 6. have Hang 6.d 7. phone f. the house 7.e 8. speak g. my homework 8.a h. to violin lesson - Call 2 volunteers from 2 teams to do the matching
- II / Practice : 1. Ex 2 : Ask Ss to use the suitable verbs in the Work in pairs Present Progressive Tense to complete the exercise - Get Ss to work in pairs Answer the - Call on some pairs to practice the dialogues questions before class and correct => What tense do we use in 6 dialogues ? What is the form ? Look at the adverbs of time in the dialogue . Are they at present or in the future ? Present Progressive Tense is used to talk about the future . 2. Ex 1 : Ask Ss to practice the dialogue as Work in pairs example S1 : Is the boat to Qui Nhon leaving at 11. 30 ? S2 : Is that good fortune ? S1 : That is right S2 : I am very sorry . It has been delayed . S1 : Oh , no !
- S2 : Now , it is leaving at 13 . 45 - Give them the shipping information and ask them to make similar dialogues Work individually 3. Ex 3 : Present Progressive Tense is used to describe changes with “ get “ and “ become “ * Drill : Prepare six cards of cues a. The boys / get / tall b. The old men / become / weak c. It / become / dark d. The weather / get / cold Repeat chorally , e. The students / get / better individually f. The school yard / become / cleaner - Model first two cues , then whole class repeat chorally , then some Ss read out individually Repeat the form of - Give a new cue and go on until most of the Ss comparative and in class can remember the structure . superlative 4 . Comparative and superlative adjectives adjectives - Remind Ss of the forms of comparative and superlative adjectives * Comparative : Short adj - er + than +
- object More long adj + than + object * Superlative : The + short adjective - est Listen and copy The most + long adjective * Irregular adjectives good/ well – better – the best bad – worse – the worst many – more – the most little – less – the least Work in pairs Ex 4 : Have Ss work in pairs to make comparisons between the city and the country . Ex : The air in the country is fresher than in the city - Let each Student read aloud one of the sentences they have made . - Give feedback IV / Further practice : - Ask Ss to read the advertisements then ask Listen and answer them some questions to check their the questions
- understanding + what are advertised ? ( an apartment , a villa and a house ) + How old are they ? ( The apartment is 2 years old , the villa is 5 years old and the house is new ) + How much do we pay per month ? Play game ( 900,000 dongs for the apartment , 6,6 million ( whole class ) dongs for the house and 7,8 million dongs for the villa ) - Game “ Nought and Crosses “ , using comparative and superlative adjectives Listen and copy old expensive big expensive small hot big beautiful old Eg : - The villa is older than the apartment - The house is more expensive than the apartment V / Homework : 1/Redo all the exercises and copy down
- 2/ Prepare the next lesson .