Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 9 A FIRST AIDS COURSE - PERIOD 55 - LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know what they would do in the situations which require first - aid B / Teaching aids : Text book , cassette , pictures , gap fill chart , drawing .. C / Procedure : Time Activities I / Warm up : KIM,S GAME ( Getting started ) - Ask Ss to open their books and look at the things on page 80 for 20 seconds . Tell them these things are often used for first - aid - Divide the...
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 9 A FIRST AIDS COURSE - PERIOD 55 - LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
A FIRST AIDS COURSE
PERIOD 55 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED
LISTEN AND READ
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know
what they would do in the situations which require first - aid
B / Teaching aids : Text book , cassette , pictures , gap fill chart , drawing ..
C / Procedure :
Time Activities Work arrangement
I / Warm up : KIM,S GAME ( Getting
started ) Whole class
- Ask Ss to open their books and look at the
things on page 80 for 20 seconds . Tell them
these things are often used for first - aid
- Divide the class into two groups . Team work
- Ask Ss to close their books and go t6o the
board to write the names of the things they
have just seen from memory .
- Tell them the group having the most right
English words is the winner Whole class
- Have them open the books again and go
through the words in English .
Suggested answers :
1. emergency room 2. sterile dressing
3. medicated oil 4. ice 5. water pack 6. Group work of 4/5
- Have them discuss and write down what
they would do in these situations which
require first – aid
- Call on some groups to give their answers
Possible answers :
+ A girl has a burn on her arm -> Use cold
water / ice to ease the pain
+ A boy has a bad cut on his leg -> Use
alcohol / medicated oil / sterile dressing
+ A girl has a nose bleed -> Use a
handkerchief to stop the bleeding / tell her to
lie down .
+ A boy has a bee sting -> Use medicated oil T – Ss
II/ Pre- reading : Introduce the topic of the
passage reading and some new words .
1. Pre teach Vocabulary :
- (an) ambulance -> drawing Whole class
- (an) emergence = cap cuu , tinh trang khan
cap Team work
- unconscious (adj) >< conscious (adj)
- to bleed -> the bleeding
-> Ask Ss to copy the vocabulary in their
* Checking technique: Slap the board
( Put the new words in Vietnamese on the
2. Gap filling Prediction
- Hang the chart with the paragraph on the
There was an emergency at Lan,s school .
A student …..(1)…. off her bike and hit her
head on the road . She was …..(2)…. but she Individual work
cut her head and the …….(3)…. was
……(4)….. badly . Lan telephoned Bach T – Ss
Mai Hospital and asked the nurse to send an
……(5)….. to Quang Trung School . Lan
was asked to keep the student …..(6)….
while waiting for the ambulance .
- Ask Ss to predict the words in the gaps Groupwork of 4/5 Ss
- Call on some Ss to go to the board and write
their words T – Ss
III / While - reading :
- Have Ss open their books , listen to the tape
while reading the dialogue , then check their Pair work
- Give feedback 1. fell 2. conscious 3. cut
4. bleeding 5. ambulance 6.
* Comprehension questions
- Ask Ss to read the dialogue again and select
the topic covered in the dialogue . Individual work
- Have Ss work in groups to write their
answers on a sheet of paper and hand in after
- Collect Ss , papers and give feedback : a-
b- c- e- f
IV / Post - reading :
1. Role play
- Have Ss in turn play the roles to
demonstrate the dialogue .
2. Write - it -up
- Ask Ss to write a story using the
information from the dialogue .
- Tell Ss to begin their story with :
“ Yesterday there was an emergency at
- Monitor and help Ss with their work
V / Homework :
1. Let Ss do the exercises in the workbook
(1,2 / 55 )
2. Prepare the next lesson .
Top Download Tiếng Anh Phổ Thông
63p 2510 1730
42p 7048 3752
9p 1285 786
126p 1744 1379
117p 1918 731
17p 5701 5570
225p 3236 2205
40p 6361 3825
84p 8570 3683
58p 3847 3529
7p 14 1
814p 26 7
54p 41 20