Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 9 A FIRST AIDS COURSE - PERIOD 55 - LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know what they would do in the situations which require first - aid B / Teaching aids : Text book , cassette , pictures , gap fill chart , drawing .. C / Procedure : Time Activities I / Warm up : KIM,S GAME ( Getting started ) - Ask Ss to open their books and look at the things on page 80 for 20 seconds . Tell them these things are often used for first - aid - Divide the...
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 8 - UNIT 9 A FIRST AIDS COURSE - PERIOD 55 - LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ
- UNIT 9 A FIRST AIDS COURSE PERIOD 55 LESSON 1 : GETTING STARTED LISTEN AND READ A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know what they would do in the situations which require first - aid B / Teaching aids : Text book , cassette , pictures , gap fill chart , drawing .. C / Procedure : Time Activities Work arrangement I / Warm up : KIM,S GAME ( Getting started ) Whole class - Ask Ss to open their books and look at the things on page 80 for 20 seconds . Tell them these things are often used for first - aid - Divide the class into two groups . Team work - Ask Ss to close their books and go t6o the board to write the names of the things they have just seen from memory . - Tell them the group having the most right
- English words is the winner Whole class - Have them open the books again and go through the words in English . Suggested answers : 1. emergency room 2. sterile dressing 3. medicated oil 4. ice 5. water pack 6. Group work of 4/5 alcohol Ss - Have them discuss and write down what they would do in these situations which require first – aid - Call on some groups to give their answers and correct Possible answers : + A girl has a burn on her arm -> Use cold water / ice to ease the pain + A boy has a bad cut on his leg -> Use alcohol / medicated oil / sterile dressing + A girl has a nose bleed -> Use a handkerchief to stop the bleeding / tell her to lie down .
- + A boy has a bee sting -> Use medicated oil T – Ss … II/ Pre- reading : Introduce the topic of the passage reading and some new words . 1. Pre teach Vocabulary : - (an) ambulance -> drawing Whole class - (an) emergence = cap cuu , tinh trang khan cap Team work - unconscious (adj) >< conscious (adj) - to bleed -> the bleeding -> Ask Ss to copy the vocabulary in their notebooks * Checking technique: Slap the board ( Put the new words in Vietnamese on the board ) 2. Gap filling Prediction - Hang the chart with the paragraph on the board . There was an emergency at Lan,s school . A student …..(1)…. off her bike and hit her
- head on the road . She was …..(2)…. but she Individual work cut her head and the …….(3)…. was ……(4)….. badly . Lan telephoned Bach T – Ss Mai Hospital and asked the nurse to send an ……(5)….. to Quang Trung School . Lan was asked to keep the student …..(6)…. while waiting for the ambulance . - Ask Ss to predict the words in the gaps Groupwork of 4/5 Ss - Call on some Ss to go to the board and write their words T – Ss III / While - reading : - Have Ss open their books , listen to the tape while reading the dialogue , then check their Pair work predictions - Give feedback 1. fell 2. conscious 3. cut 4. bleeding 5. ambulance 6. awake * Comprehension questions - Ask Ss to read the dialogue again and select the topic covered in the dialogue . Individual work
- - Have Ss work in groups to write their answers on a sheet of paper and hand in after finishing . - Collect Ss , papers and give feedback : a- b- c- e- f IV / Post - reading : 1. Role play - Have Ss in turn play the roles to demonstrate the dialogue . 2. Write - it -up - Ask Ss to write a story using the information from the dialogue . - Tell Ss to begin their story with : “ Yesterday there was an emergency at ……. “ - Monitor and help Ss with their work V / Homework : 1. Let Ss do the exercises in the workbook (1,2 / 55 ) 2. Prepare the next lesson .