Giáo án Anh văn lớp 9 - Unit 10 Life on other planets - Period 68 - Lesson 6 : Language focus
Chia sẻ: mobell1209 | Ngày: 20-10-2010
A / Aims and objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to master the use of modal verbs : May , Might and distinguish the difference between conditional sentences type 1 and type 2 and use them properly . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , additional exercises on conditional sentences .
- Period 68 Lesson 6 : Language focus A / Aims and objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to master the use of modal verbs : May , Might and distinguish the difference between conditional sentences type 1 and type 2 and use them properly . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , additional exercises on conditional sentences . C / Procedure : 7 min I / Warm up : Jumbled words - Write the new words in the wrong order : 1. aolobnl 2. ecrasru - Play games 3. ertnmgau 4. nilea 5.ductonini - Tell Ss to work in groups to rearrange the letters in good - Work in groups to order to make the right words . rearrange the letters in good order .( the group who get the highest score with the shortest time will be the winner ) - Call on some representatives to write the correct words . - Go to the board to - Correct and give the correct answers : write the correct words 1. balloon 2. saucer 3. argument 4. alien 5. introduction - Repeat and copy down II / Presentation and practice 1 .
- 8 min - Review the use of modal verbs may and Might : May / Might + V – infi. - Ask Ss to do the exercise 1 , talking about Andy,s presents - Call on some Ss to read their answers loudly . - Repeat and copy - Ask them to read them aloud and copy the correct - Work in pairs, using answers . may / might and talking - Feedback and give correct answers : about Andy,s presents . b. It may be a box of crayons , or it might be a box of - Compare their answers paint . with a friend. c. It may be a football , or it might be a basketball Read their answers d. It may be a boat , or it might be a train . aloud e. It might be a flying saucer , or it might be a meteor f. It might be an evening star , or it might be a space craft . III / Presentation and practice 2: 10 1. Conditional type 1 min Form : If clause ...., main clause Repeat and write in the If S + V ( present simple ) , S + Will + V.. notebooks . Use : Conditional type 1 can be used to describe situations and consequences that are possible in the
- present or future . - Ask Ss to make sentences using conditional sentence type 1 Call on some Ss to read them aloud Listen and repeat the Correct mistakes if any form and use of the Feedback and give correct answers : conditional type 1 b. …..will miss……..does not hurry …. c. ….. Is not ……..will drop …... Copy down d. …...will join ………finishes….. e. …..writes…... will not forget…… IV / Presentation and practice 3 : Complete the exercise 2 12 1. Conditional type 2 by using the verbs in the min Form : If Clause ………..., main clause box . If S + V (past simple ) .., S + would + V…. Use : Conditional type 2 can be used to describe Read their completed imaginary and unreal or untrue actions at present or in the sentences aloud . future . Ask Ss to compare and explain the two types of Repeat the correct conditionals: answers and write down Examples : .
- If Lan work hard , she will pass the exam. If I had a lot of money , I would buy a house in the center of the city . - Ask Ss to look at the pictures in the book and complete the sentences by using conditional sentence type 2. Listen and repeat the - Call on some Ss to read their answers aloud . form and use of -Make necessary corrections and give correct answers conditional type 2. b. If Mr Loc had a car , he would drive it to work . Copy down c. If Lan lived in HCM city , she would visit Saigon Explain the differences Water Park . between the conditional d. If Nam had an alarm clock , he would arrive at school type 1 and type 2 on time . e. If Hoa lived in Hue , she would see her parents Read the examples everyday . aloud . f. If Nga owned a piano , she would play it very well . Complete the sentences g. If Tuan studied harder , he would get better grades . and exchange the h. If Na had enough money , she would buy a new exercise and correct for computer . each other . - Ask Ss to read and copy down . Read their answers V / Production : aloud Ask Ss to practice answering the questions : Read the correct
- What would you do if you met an alien from outer space ? answers aloud and Copy 5 min Listen and correct their answers . down VI / Homework : Work in pairs and 1. Summarize main points demonstrate in the front 2. Redo all the exercises and copy . 3. Prepare the next lesson . 3 min Write down