Giáo án Anh văn lớp 9 - Unit 9 Natural disasters - Period 61 - Lesson 6 : language focus
Chia sẻ: mobell1209
A / Aims and objectives : - Practicing with relative pronouns and relative clauses . By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to further practice with pronouns : Who , That , Which , and clearly identify defining and non – defining clauses . B / Teaching aids : Text book , handouts ….. C / Procedure : 7 min I / Warm up : Knowledge Game – short answers . - Tell Ss to work with another partner to answer the following questions about general understanding . Questions Answers - Work in pairs (...
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Anh văn lớp 9 - Unit 9 Natural disasters - Period 61 - Lesson 6 : language focus
- Period 61 lesson 6 : language focus A / Aims and objectives : - Practicing with relative pronouns and relative clauses . By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to further practice with pronouns : Who , That , Which , and clearly identify defining and non – defining clauses . B / Teaching aids : Text book , handouts ….. C / Procedure : 7 min I / Warm up : Knowledge Game – short answers . - Tell Ss to work with another partner to answer the - Work in pairs following questions about general understanding . ( The pair with the Questions most correct answer Answers will be the winner ) 1. Which city in Japan was struck by a huge earthquake ? Kobe 2. Which country won the 1998 Tiger Cup ? Singapore
- 3. Which explorer discovered America ? Christopher Columbus 7 min 4. Which animal has one or two horns on its snout ? Rhinoceros -Listen and repeat in chorus and 5. Which planet is closest to the earth ? individually Venus - Copy down 6. Which animal in VN was chosen to be the logo of Sea Games 2003 ? Buffalo - Play games 7. Which ASEAN country is divided into two regions by 8 min the sea ? - Give some examples Malaysia to make sure that Ss understand the use of - Remark and give marks relative clauses . II / Presentation : 1. Vocabulary pre-teach :
- - Horn (n) : (translation ) Read the examples -Snout (n) : pointed front , above the mouth carefully and work - Rhinoceros ( n) ( translation ) individually .Then - Swallow (v) : make or let pass down one,s throat compare their answers - Extensive ( adj) : large , a lot with a friend - Tail (n) : ( translation ) - Read them loudly . * Checking technique : spelling contest - Match each of the - Divide class into two teams sentences in Column A 10 * Revision of relative pronouns and clauses with a relative min - Ask them to make examples with relative clauses sentence in Column B 2. Practice 1 use a relative pronoun Exercise 1 to join the two - Refer Ss to the warm up activity . Ask them to use sentences . relative pronouns : who , which or that to answer the - Play games questions . Start with the words given like the examples : The city which was struck by a huge earthquake in 1995 in Japan is Kobe . - write down 5 min - Listen and do the exercise individually .
- - Call on some Ss to read their whole sentences - Demonstrate in the - Feedback and give correct Answers . front . Exercise 2 : - Keep Ss in pairs but with another partner. - Copy down - Divide class into two teams A and B to practice (the pair who found partner the most quickly will be the winner ) . - Give correct answers : 1.e 2.g 3.f 4.a 5.c 6.d 7.b 3 .Practice 2 : - Instruct Ss to do the exercise 3 . Underline the relative clause in the sentence . Then add commas to separate the - Listen and write the non- defining relative clause from the rest of the sentence sentences . 5 min . - report in the front . - Hang the subordinate board with all the sentences on the board . Call some Ss to do the task . - Comment and give Answers : b, Kangaroos , which come from Australia , have long
- tails c, Ba, who lives in Trang Tien Street , likes playing the - Write down . 2 min guitar. d, ( Defining ) e, Neil Amstrong , who first walked on the moon , lived in the USA. f, (Defining ) g, Miss Lien , who sings very well , is my English teacher . III/ Production - Further practice with relative clauses : * Setting the scene “ Now you write the sentences in Ex 3. Replace each underlined clause with a clause you have written “ - Listen and correct mistakes if necessary . IV / Home work : 1. Redo all the exercises and copy . 2. Prepare the next lesson .