Giáo án tiếng anh 10: Unit 2: School talks Lesson
Chia sẻ: vetnangcuoitroi_2305 | Ngày: 22-06-2011
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh 10: unit 2: school talks lesson', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
- Giáo án tiếng văn 10 Unit 2: School talks Lesson 1: reading Time: 45 minutes I. Objectives: 1. Educational aim: - Students know how to appreciate tell daily activities at school - Students know how to introduce themselves 2. Knowledge: - General knowledge: - Through this unit, students know the students’ activities and the teacher’s activities at school - Express likes and dislikes doing something
- - New words: Words related to school 3. Skills: Reading for gist and for specific information II. Method: Integrated, mainly communicative III. Teaching aids: Real objects, pictures, English textbook 10, handouts IV. Procedures: Teacher’s activities Students’ Notes activities Warm-up: (4 minutes) - Hang the picture of two - Look at the people who are talking at picture school on the blackboard - Answer the and ask some questions: questions a. What are they talking a. They are about?
- b. Do you often tell about talking about your school? their school c. What do you tell about? b. Yes, I do. - Ok, each of us always c. I often tell pride on our school. There about my are many things about teacher, my school that we want to say. friends, work and Today, we’ll study a new study and many lesson Unit 2- school talks outdoor activities at school Pre-reading: (7 minutes) - Firstly, I have an exercise for you - Do the tasks a. Put the four most suitable - Give answers places from the box under each heading Key:
- Headmaster; history; 1. enjoy geography; jogging; 2. traffic principal; football; English; 3. worry chemistry; friends; live far 4. crowded from school; classmates; 5. language friendship; students cheat in exam - Let students sit in pairs or in groups and put the four most suitable places from the box under each heading - Give suggestions - Walk round the class and offers ideas and comments when students need help - Do the tasks - Conduct the correction and give the meaning of
- some words (20 - Do the tasks While-reading: minutes) - Give answers - Make the class read the * Miss Phuong small talks, to scan the * Phong details and do the tasks * Phong Task 1 : Fill each blank * Miss Phuong with one of the words in * Phong the box below. There are * Phong more words than needed … * Phong 1. Young children helping with * Miss Phuong household tasks. * Mr Ha 2. W e were stuck in heavy … for more than an hour
- 3. I think you don’t have to … about your weight. 4. I was two weeks before Christmas and the mall was … with Key: shoppers. 1/. He studies at 5. If two people speak Chu Van An the same … ,they High school usually have similar attitudes and opinions. 2/. He studies many subjects - Firsly, ask students to such as maths, study individually then in physics, pairs chemistry and - Walks arround the class, 3/. Because it is offer ideas and comments an international when students need help language - Give suggesstions
- 4/. She says that Task 2 - Work in pairs, read the teaching is hard small talks again and find work, but she enjoys it because out who: he loves working * enjoys teaching with children * has to get up early 5/. Because his * lives far from school son has to ride * loves working with his bike in children narrow and * loves learning English crowded streets * rides a bike to school to get to school everyday - Read all questions * studies at a high school * teaches English at high - Read the small talks again to school * worries about someone scan information - Work in pairs else’s safety
- - Introduce the aim of Task - Give answers 2 - Ask students to read the small talks again to find the - Work in groups suitable names Key: - Ask students to work 1. I like English individually then work in best because it is pairs an important - Walk round the class and means of comments when students international need communication Task 3: Answer the - I like learning following questions Math, Chemistry 1/. Where does Phong or Vietnamese study? Literature 2/. What subjects does he because it’s study? useful, interesting
- 3/. Why does he want to 2. – doing a lot of learn English? homework 4/. What does Miss Phuong - taking part in say about her teaching social activities profession? - talking with my 5/. Why does Mr Ha worry parents about his son’s safety? 3. I worry that - Ask students to read all many students questions to understand the cheat in exams/ content live far from - Ask students to read the school/ difficulty small talks again to answer in speaking English the questions - Ask students to work with - Have discussion then present a partner ideas in front of - Walks arround the class the class to help students whenever - Present the they need
- content of the small talks again - Introduce themselves Post-reading: (12 minutes) - Let students work in groups to talk about: 1. What subjects you like best and why? 2. What do you like or dislike doing at school? 3. What do you worry
- about at school? - Has students work in groups and answer the questions - Walk around the class, listen to student’s discussions and offer suggestions when necessary - Give comments - Ask students to tell the content of the small talks - Ask to tell themselves Homework: (2 minutes)
- Exercise 1, 2 at page 4 and 5 (English exercise book) --------------***------------------ Date:……… Period……. Unit 2: School talks Lesson 2: speaking Time: 45 minutes I. Objectives: 1. Educational aim: Students know how to start and close a conversation 2. Knowledge:
- - General knowledge: - Through this unit, students can make conversation with a partner easily - Know how to arrange conversations sensibly - Language: Students use sentences, words, phrases and expressions for making a conversation 3. Skills: Fluency in expressing opinion and expressions for making a conversation II. Method: Integrated, mainly communicative III. Teaching aids: Pictures, English textbook 10, handouts IV. Procedures: Teacher’s activities Student’s Notes activities Warm-up:
- - Give a situation and - Listen to the write a short conversation teacher on the board Situation: suppose that you meet a friend at the supermarket, you are very busy. How will you say to open and end the - Copy the conversation? conversation and - Give a short complete the conversation: conversation with A: ………. (1) suitable words B: Hi, Lan. How are you? (1) Hi/ Hello A: I’m fine. Thanks. And (2) I’m very busy you? now. Perhaps B: I’m fine. Let’s go another time somewhere for a drink
- A: Sorry, ………. (2) - Ok, that’s a short conversation between A and B (1) & (2) are two ways to start and close a conversation Today, we will practice speaking conversation having stacting and dosing sentences Answers 1. It is important 2. There are 2. Pre-reading: (8 minutes) They are:- People who use greetings - Raise the questions: when they meet to 1. What do you think about each other “greeting”?
- 2. How many kinds of - People use “greeting”? greetings when 3. How can you say when they say goodbye you meet teacher in the to each other morning? 3. Good morning 4. How can you say when 4. Good morning/ you meet your friend in the Hi/ Hello morning? 5. Goodbye/ Bye 5. How can you say to bye/ See you your teacher when your again school finishes? - Do the task - Give answers: * Starting a conversation: Task 1: These expressions - Good morning are commonly used when - How’s
- people are chatting. Place everything at them under the appropriate school? heading then practice with - Hello. How are a partner you? - Give instruction - Hello, what are - Introduce some you doing? expressions that we can - Hi, how is use to start and close a school? conversation * Closing the - Ask student to place the conversation: expressions under the - Sorry. I’ve to appropriate heading go. Talk to you - Ask student to work later individually then work in - Well. It’s been groups nice talking to - Give suggestions you - Goodbye. See
- you later -Great. I’ll see you tomorrow. Catch up with you later Task 2: Rearrange the following sentences to make a conversation and then practice it with a - Do the task partner - Give answers: - Ask students to rearrange D- E- B- H- F- C- the sentences to make a G conversation - Practice with - Ask students to work partners individually then in pairs - Walk around the class to
- help student when necessary - Check and give suggestions - Ask student to practice it with a partner - Corrects students’ pronunciation if necessary Task 3: Complete the following conversation with suitable words, phrases or sentences in the - Do task 3 box and then practice it with a partner - Work in pairs - Ask students to complete - Give answers: the conversation with A: What’s the suitable words matter with you?
- - Ask students to read all B: Awful/ a words in the box headache - Give the meaning of A: You’d better some words when go home and necessary have a rest - Ask students to work individually then work in pairs - Walk around the class to help students when necessary - Check and give suggestions - Ask students to practice this conversation their - Do task 4 - Correct pronunciation when - Work in groups