Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: UNIT 11: NATIONAL PARKS Period 65
Chia sẻ: vetnangcuoitroi_2305
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: unit 11: national parks period 65', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: UNIT 11: NATIONAL PARKS Period 65
- Giáo án tiếng văn 10 UNIT 11: NATIONAL PARKS Period 65: LESSON 1: READING I. Objectives: 1. Education aims: - Students improve their knowledge about national parks . 2. Knowledge: a. General knowledge: - Knowledge about national parks. b. Language: - The present simple tense. - Vocabulary concerning national parks. 3. Skills: - Speaking : Talk in pairs and in groups. - Reading comprehension: Better Ss' reading skill through finding the word in the passage that best suits each of the definitions and answering questions. II. Anticipated problems: - Students may not have much knowledge about national parks.
- III. Teaching aids: Board, textbook, chalk. IV. Procedures: Teacher’s Students’ activities activities 1. Before you read: Aims: to repare information and vocabularies for the topic. - Ask Ss to answer the question: Can you name some national - Listen and think of parks in Vietnam and in the the question. world? - Some Ss answer: - Ask some Ss to answer the Cuc Phuong National question. Park - Listen and give remarks. Bach Ma national - Introduce the reading text and Park. provide Ss with new Nairobi National Park. words/phrases.
- + lo'cate(v): = to place (có vị trí) Alaska National Park. + 'butterfly(n): an insect with very big wings that can fly(con bướm) + e'stablish(v): = to make/ build( thiết lập) + hike(v): to walk for health +sur'vive(v): to be alive after accident(sống sót)..... - Listen and then copy survival(n) down + 'orphan(v): to be made parentless(mồ côi) orphanage(n) + Sub-tropical(Adj): cận nhiệt đới + 'wilderness(n): = wild place( nơi/sự hướng dẫn) + contami'nation(n) contaminate(v): to make something dirty/ polluted.
- - Read each word/phrase 3 times and ask Ss to repeat it. - Listen and repeat. - Leave Ss 1 minute to self- - Read silently to self- practise reading the words. practise. - Ask 4-5 Ss to read all the - Some Ss read these word/phrases aloud in front of the words aloud and others class listen. - Listen and help Ss to read the - Self-correct. words/phrases correctly. 2. While you read: Aims: Read the passage for information to do the tasks. + Set the scene: - You are going to read the passages about The National Parks. Read them and then do the - Read the passages tasks that follow. and do the task. + Task 1:Fill in each space with - Compare their results
- with their parners. a suitable from the passages. - Ask Ss to read the passages and - Present their answer: do task 1. 2. contain 3. - Explain more about the species 4. survival definitions if necessary. 5. sub-tropical - Ss are required to compare their 6. contamination results with their partners. - Listen to the T and - Five Ss are required to do the correct if necessary. task orally in front of the class (1 St / 1 time). - Work in pairs to read - Listen and help Ss to do the task the passages again and correctly. to ask and answer. - Underline the + Task 2: Answering Questions: information from the passages. - Ask Ss to work in pairs to read the passages again and answer the - Share their answer questions in task 2. with other Ss. - Require Ss to underline the - Some pairs report:
- information from the passages 1.200 square km: that supports the answers. 2. Because the rainy - Required Ss to compare their season is over. answers with another pair. 3. They can learn - Ask 6 - 7 Ss to read their about the habits of answers aloud in front of the class animals and how one (1 St /1 time). species is dependent upon another for survival. 4. In the orphanage, orphaned and/ or abandoned animals are taken care of. Everglades National Park is endangered because of the toxic levels of chemicals in the water - Listen and give remarks. 5. If more chemicals
- are released into the water, plans and 3. After you read: animals will die/ be Aims: to give the summary of the killed/ destroyed. passage. - Ss are required to work in - Work in groups to groups to give reasons for their talk about their choice. choice from one of the three national parks in the reading passages. - Present his/her ideas. - One representative is required to give their talk orally in front of - Others listen the class - Listen and help the Ss to do their task well. 4. Homework:
- - Complete the talk in written form.