Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10: UNIT 3: A TRIP TO THE COUNTRYSIDE Lesson 2: Speaking + Language Focus
Chia sẻ: abcdef_36
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: unit 3: a trip to the countryside lesson 2: speaking + language focus', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 10: UNIT 3: A TRIP TO THE COUNTRYSIDE Lesson 2: Speaking + Language Focus
Lesson 2: Speaking + Language Focus 2,3
By the end of the lesson, students will be able to ask and give information
about their own village they know well
1. Warmup: Brainstorm
- Teacher gives the question, students think in one minute and answer.
What things do you often see in a village?
- a rice paddy field - a river
- an old house/ a cottage - cattle
- a fruit garden - a vegetable garden
- a banyan tree
Introducing the new lesson : Today we’re going to talk about your home village.
2. Preteach vocabulary:
(to) do for a living kiếm sống
(to) plant rice : (picture)
chăn nuụi gia sỳc
(to) raise cattle : (picture)
(to) flow – flew – flew : (situation)
về phớa Nam thành phố
(to) the South of the city : (translation)
qua, băng qua
(prep) across : (translation)
* Checking: ROR
- Have students read the questions in exercise a, on p.24, work in pairs, play the role
of A and B, ask and answer about their partner home village using the information in
A asks questions B answers
B asks questions A answers
- Call on some pairs to model before class.
- Ss work in pairs
A: Where is your home village?
B: My home village is to the South of the city.
A: How far is it from the town?
B: It is about 30 kilometers from the city.
A: How can you get there?
B: I ofen get there by bus.
A: How long does it take to get there?
B: It takes about one hour to get there.
A: What do people do for a livingthere?
B: The peaple in my home village often raise cattle, chickens, plant rice and
for a living
A: Does your village have a river?
B: Yes, there is a river running through my village.
B: Where is your home village?
A: My home village is to the Nouth of the city.
B: How far is it from the town?
A: It is about 15 kilometers from the city.
B: How can you get there?
A: I ofen get there by motorbike.
B: How long does it take to get there?
A: It takes about 50 minutes to get there.
B: What do people do for a livingthere?
A: The peaple in my home village often raise cattle, chickens, plant rice for a
B: Does your village have a river?
A: No, there are no rivers but there is a lake in my village.
2.Answer given:(Noughts and crosses game)
Raise cattle No rivers Yes/banyan tree/ entrance
South of HT town 3 kilometers Yes.There is a village
15 minutes By bike Fly kites
S1: Is there a banyan tree in the village?
S2: Yes. There is a banyan tree at the entrance to the village.
- Ask students work in pairs again, ask and answer about their partner’s own home
(Based on the dialogue and the game above)
- Teacher monitors and helps weak students.
- Give feedback and correct
- Get students to write a short paragraph to tell about his/her partner’s village or their
own home village.
- Call on some students to read aloud their writing.
- Remark and give marks
My home village is Thach Binh. It is about 3 kilometers from the South of Ha
Tinh town. On weekends, I and my familyoften go to my home village to visit my
grandfather.We often get there by motorbike. It often takes us about 20 minutes to
get there . The people in my home village plant rice and raise cattle for their living. If
you go to the village you can see a big banyan tree at the entrance to the village.
Although the village is not very large, it has a common village for the children and
event the adult fly kites there…
My home village is lovely. I like it very much.
1. How far is it from … to…?
2. How long does/did it take Sb(O) + to-V?
It takes/took + O + time + to-V.............
V.Prepositions of Time:
- Matching : Preposition of time Time, Date
In Saturday (morning)
At 7:00 and 9:00
Till the 20th century
After he evening
Up to midnight
- Correct and recall the use of “on, at, in ...”
+ At + giờ
+ On + ngày trong tuần,buổi trong ngày, ngày trong tháng
+ In + tháng, năm,mùa,buổi
-Ask students to look at the itinerary on p. 30 and answer the questions
1. What does Mr Thanh do on the first day?the second day?the third day?and the last
2. What time does the meeting at Raffles Center begin?finish?
3. What about the meeting at Little India Restaurant?
4. How long will he be in Singapore?
- Ask ss to complete the exercise 2 using the prepositions in the book.(individually)
f. Up to
Ex2 (P.30) (pairwork)
Do exercise 6 (p2223) workbook
List as many Whquestions as possible and answer them.
Find out new vocabulary in “Listen” (P25)
Top Download Tiếng Anh
255p 2505 855
51p 1013 466
83p 3603 723
70p 1449 504
127p 6466 965
8p 1175 181
107p 876 470
104p 2800 810