Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 11: unit 6: competition-listening', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 6: COMPETITION-LISTENING
- Period:33 listening
Class Teaching date Absentees
I. Objectives:By the end of the lesson , ps will be able to:
- Develop extensive listening skills.
- Use the information they have listened to for other communicative
II. Method and Tecniques: Communicative approach
III. Teaching Aids: Books, pictures, chalk, cassette player, tape
-Tell the competition you like best and give reasons
-Name some of competitions you know
- T’s activities Ss’activities
I. Before you listen(10m)
- T uses the picture in the textbook to
introduce the topic
- We can see two athletes
1. What can you see in the picture?
- Boston Marathon
2. What event is it?
- It’s a long distance running race of 26 miles
3. What is marathon?
or about 42 km
4. Where do you think the Boston Marathon - In the USA
might take place?
+ It is held in the USA
5. What is the Boston Marathon?
+ It began at the end of the 19th century
+ The Boston race is about 42 km
+ Runners have to go through 13 towns
during the race
6. Who do you think can take part in the
Listen and repeat
- Race (n) : cuộc đua -Marathon race (phr.n)
II. While you listen
- Clock (v): đạt được, ghi được
- Association(n) : Tổ chức , hiệp hội
- - Athletic (a): thuộc về điền kinh
Instruction: You are going to listen about
- athletics (n) : , môn điền kinh
the Boston Marathon. Listen and answer
T/F questions. Put a tick in the appropriate
box read through the statements to understand
- Before listening, asks Ss to read through them and underline keys words.
the statements to understand them and
underline keys words. listen and do the task
- Plays the tape once for Ss to listen and do (Individual work)
- Checks the answer with the whole class. Answers:
If many Ss cannot answer the questions, T 1. T
plays the tape one or two more times and 2. T
pauses at the answer for them to catch 3. F (2 hours 50 minutes and 10 seconds)
4. F (1967)
6. F (pass through 13 towns and ends in
centre of Boston)
- T asks Ss to read through the questions in Read through the questions in task 2
- - Plays the tape again for Ss to answer the Answer the questions
questions 1.He came from New York.
- Gets Ss to check their answer with a 2. She became the first official female
partner. Then T checks with whole class. T champion in 1972.
should play the tape again and pause at 3. 8 (women started and finished the race in
difficult points if many Ss cannot complete 1972.)
the task 4. 6164 (runners joined the Boston Marathon
III. After you listen(10m)
Asks Ss to talk about a famous Vietnamese
runner or sportman/sportwoman that they
Work in groups of 3 or 4
Put Ss in small groups of 3 or 4
- Vũ Thị Huong / gold / 100-meter running
Asks each group will prepare a short
race / SEA Games 23 / join / compete / SEA
biography of a famous Vietnamese runner
-> Vũ Thị Hương won a gold medal for
After finishing, T calls on the
women’s 100-meter running race at the SEA
representative of each group to talk about
Games 23-2005. She is going to join in
their favouite sportman/woman
(competing at ) the SEA Games 24-2007.
Listens and takes notes of Ss’ errors. T
- provides corrective feedback after that - learn by heart new words and make
Consolidation and homework(3m)
- Summarises the main point of the lesson - Prepare for WRITING