Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 11: unit 7: world population-language focus', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 7: WORLD POPULATION-LANGUAGE FOCUS
- Period:43+ 44
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to:
— Distinguish the clusters / ki /, / gl /, / kr /, / gr /, and / kw /
— Pronounce the words and dialogue containing these clusters correctly
— Use conditional sentences (types 1, 2 and 3) and conditional sentences in
reported speech appropriately.
II. Teaching aids: Chalks, pictures
III. Teaching method: Communicative Approach
Teacher’s activities Students’ activities
Warm-up: - Read 5 words (class, glass,
crash, green, queen).
T models the clusters / kl /, / gl /, / kr /, /
Listen and reapeat
gr /, and / kw /for a few times and
explains how to produce them. Eg.:When
Listen the words containing the clusters / kl /,
producing / kl /, Ss should produce / k /
/ gl /, / kr /, / gr /, and / kw /
first andthen quickly switch to /1 /, and
T plays the tape (or reads) once for Ss to
hear the words containing these clusters.
Then T plays the tape (or reads) again
and this time asks Ss to repeat after the Read aloud the given dialogue on
tape page 87 in pairs.
T asks Ss to read the words in each
- column out loud in chorus for a few more - Look at the examples and point out
times. the grammar points of them:
T calls some Ss to read the words out - Give the formula of the use of
loud. conditional sentences 1, 2 & 3.
Conditional sentences type 1 :
T asks Ss to work in pairs and take turn
to read aloud the given dialogue on page Eg: If I find her address, I’ll send her
87. an invitation.
-Asks Ss to look at the following If he runs, he’ll get there in time.
examples and remark them. If you don’t get up early, you will
- Asks Ss to explain the formula of the miss the train.
use of conditional sentences 1, 2 & 3. Form: If + S+ Vs/es, S+ will +
Revision of conditional sentences (type V(infinitive)
1, 2, and 3) (simple present) (future)
Use: DiÔn t¶ ®k cã thÓ x¶y ra ë hiÖn
t¹i hay t¬ng lai.
Conditional sentences type 2 :
Eg: If he were a bird, he would fly to
If I were you, I wouldn’t do that.
Form: If + S+ V-ed, S+would +
Use: DiÔn t¶ ®k kh«ng cã thùc ë hiÖn
Conditional sentences type 3 :
Eg: If you had got there last night, you
would have met him.
If he had listen to me, he wouldn’t
have failed in the exams.
If+S+had+V-ed, S+would+have+ V-
Use: DiÔn t¶ ®k kh«ng cã thùc ë QK
T asks Ss to do exercise 1 & 2
- T asks 2 Ss to read their answers aloud Work individually then compare the
T asks Ss to remark. answers with a partner.
T gives feedback & corrects them *Suggested answers:
1.would drive; 2.could;
T asks Ss to do exercise 2 in pairs and
4.will take; 5.closed; 6.will
answers with another pair.
T calls on some Ss to go to the board to
Work in pairs
1. had been told
T asks other Ss to feedback and gives
2. had realised
3. wouldn’t have been
4. would have bought
Conditional sentences in reported
5. had studied
T writes some conditional sentences in Listen, survey and take note
reported speech non the board and asks
Ss to comment on the changes of the
verbs, pronouns and adverbs of time and
Eg: ‘I will come to see you if I have time’,
the man said to her. (Type1)
—>The man said to her that he would
come to see her if he had time.
‘If I had a permit, I could get a job, ‘ he
—>He said that if he had a permit, he
could get a job.
- ‘If you had followed my advice, you
would have been the winner, ‘said her
- —> Her mother said if she had followed
her advice, she would have been the
+ Conditional type 1: we apply all
T elicits the comments from Ss and the necessary changes as usual
(changes of verb tenses, pronouns,
makes clear that:
adverbs of time and place...)
+ Conditional type 2 and 3: we do
not change the verb tenses, but we
follow the rules to change pronouns,
adverbs of time and place...
Exercise 3: Ss have to change the conditional
T asks Ss to do exercise 3 individually. sentences into reported speech.
T asks them to compare answers with Work individually then compare
another student. answers with another student.
T calls some Ss to go to the board to *Suggested answers:
write their 1. The man said to to her (that) he
sentences. would come to see her f he had time.
T asks other Ss to feedback and gives 2. He asked her what she would say if
correct answers: someone stepped on her feet.
3. They said to me (that) if it didn’t
rain they would go out with me.
4. The man asked the woman what she
would do if she were a billionaire.
5. The man said to me (that) if I had
asked him he would have lent me his
T summarises the main points of the 6. The man said to his daughter (that)
they would be very disappointed if she
did not come.
T assigns homework:
7. The boy said to the girl (that) he
was sure they would understand if she
explained the situation to them.
Ss review the points that have been
covered in the lesson
Change the following conditional sentences into reported speech.
1. “If he had dropped the vase, it would have broken,” her grandmother said to
2. “If you have to do the washing up, I will help you,” her husband said to her.
3. “I wouldn’t run away if I saw a spider,” the girl said.
4. “We’d have given you a lift if you hadn’t had your bike with you,” my friends
said to me.
5. “If you had listened to me, the accident wouldn’t have happened,” my father
said to my brother.
6. “If we don’t get tickets for the concert, we’ll stay at home,” they said to me.
7. “We’d go by bus if we didn’t have a car,” my cousins said to their parents.
8. “He wouldn’t have taken the bread if he hadn’t been hungry,” her sister said.
1. Her grandmother said to him that if he had dropped the vase it would have
2. Her husband said to her that if she had to do the washing up, he would help her.
3. The girl said that she would run away if she saw a spider.
4. My friends said to me that they’d have given me a lift if I hadn’t had my bike
5. My father said to my brother that if he had listened to him the accident wouldn’t
6. They said to me that if they didn’t get tickets for the concert they would stay at
7. My cousins said to their parents that they’d go by bus if they didn’t have a car.
8. Her sister said that he wouldn’t have taken the bread if he hadn’t been hungry.