Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE-LANGUAGE FOCUS
Chia sẻ: abcdef_34
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 11: unit 9: the post office-language focus', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE-LANGUAGE FOCUS
- UNIT 9 THE POST OFFICE LESSON 5: LANGUAGE FOCUS A)Objectives: -By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to - Students can pronounce the consonant clusters : / sp/ , / st /, and / sk / - Review defining and non-defining relative clauses. Lexical items: speak, speech, speedy, crisp, spacious, Stanley, stand, stop, best, text, ask, disk, dusk, skill, school, steal, brave, pay rent, break into a house to steal things, coward, burglar, shoplifter, tenant, pacifist. Teaching aids : - the picture in the text book, text book. : B)Techniques ROLE PLAY, ,GAP- FILLING, combine the sentences D) Time : 45’ E) Procedures:
- I.Check up: -Write some insructions how to write a letter to the director of the post office II. New lesson T Contents T & Ss’activities Pronunciation ( 10’) Listen and repeat _ T asks Sts to repeat, _ T reads aloud the words with the and correct their consonant clusters : / sp/ , / st /, and / sk / wrong pronunciation twice : speak, speech, speedy, crisp, spacious, Stanley, stand, stop, best, text, ask, if necessary. disk, dusk, skill, school. Practise reading aloud this dialogue. _ T reads aloud the dialogue on page 108. A. Ladies and gentlemen.. B. Speak up, Stanley.
- A. I stand before you. B. Speak up, Stanley! A. On this School Speech Day… B. Do speak up! A. ON THIS SCHOOL DAY.. B. Stop shouting, Stanley! A. And I speak for both my wife and myself, when I say.. _ T reviews defining B. Speak up, Stanley! and non-defining A. SPEAK UP, STANLEY! relative clauses. - Explains the new words Grammar : 30’ *Some new words : steal, brave, pay rent, break into a house to - Encourages the Ss to steal things, coward, burglar, shoplifter, give English tenant, pacifist, equivalents, or
- Vietnamese meanings of the new words. -T reminds some the 1)Adjectives/Relative clauses ways of using of the a) Defining /retrictive clauses: relative clauses M ênh đ ê t ính t ư x ác đ ịnh hay gi ơ í h ạn l à th ành ph ânf Take notes. c ủa kh ông b ỏ d ư ơc - Gives English b)Non-defining relative clause equivalents, or L à m ênh đ ê gi ải th ích th êm cho ti ên t ô Vietnamese meanings đ ưng ơ ph ía tr ư ơc v à c ó th ê b ỏ đi trong of the new words if th ành ph ân c ủa c âu possible. Exercise 1.Explain what the words below mean, using the phrases ffrom the box _ Sts do the exercise Key: 1. An architect is someone who designs buildings.
- 1. A burglar is someone who breaks into a house to steal things. 2. An customer is someone who buys _ T asks Sts to do the something from a shop. exercise 1(p.109) in 3. A shoplifter is someone who steals from a their text books. shop. 4. A coward is someone who is not brave. 5. A tenant is someone who pays rent to live _ T goes around to in a house or in a flat. help them with their work. _ T asks some Sts to Exercise 2.Complete the sentences , using go to the board to who ., whom or whose write the exercise. _ T asks Sts to do the exercise 2(p.109) in _ T corrects it. their text books. _ T goes around to help them with their work. _ T asks some Sts to go to the board to write
- the exercise. Sts take notes. _ T corrects it and reviews defining and - Gives English non-defining relative clauses for Sts. equivalents, or them . Vietnamese meanings _ Key: of the new words if 1. who 2. whose 3. whom 4. whose 5. possible. whom _ Sts do the exercise 2. Exercise 3.Join the sentences , using who , that or which _ T asks Sts to do the Key exercise 3(p.109) in 1. The man who answers the phone told me their text books. ….. _ T goes around to 2. The waitress who served us was very help them with their
- impolite.. work. 3. The building which was destroyed in the _ T asks some Sts to fire has now been …. go to the board to 4. The people who were arrested have now write the exercise. been _ T corrects it. 5. The bus that goes to the airport runs every… - Sts take notes. - Gives English equivalents, or Vietnamese meanings of the new words if possible. _ Sts do the exercise 3. Exercise 4.Join the sentences below, using
- who , whose or which T asks Sts to do the _ exercise 4(p.110) in Key their text books. 1. Peter, who has never been abroad, is _ T goes around to studying . help them with their 2. You’ve all met M.M, who is visiting….. work. 3. We are moving to Manchester, which is _ T asks some Sts to …. go to the board to 4. I’ll be staying with Adrian, whose write the exercise. brother…. _ T corrects it. 5. J.B, who has gone to live in Canada, is one .. Homework ( 5’) _ Reviews defining and non-defining relative - Sts take notes. clauses for Sts. - Gives English _ Asks Sts to prepare for the next Unit 10. equivalents, or Vietnamese meanings
- of the new words if possible. _ Sts do the exercise 4.