Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE-READING
Chia sẻ: abcdef_34
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 11: unit 9: the post office-reading', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 11: UNIT 9: THE POST OFFICE-READING
- Period: 58 I. Objectives: By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to read and find the key words in situations, information and contents of reading to relate to the facts Language focus: *Vocabulary: courteous, fascimile, notify, spacious, speedy, recipient * Skill: reading comprehension II. Method and Tecniques -Communicative approach, Integrated, mainly communicative II. Teaching aids: text book , hand outs, boards III. Procedures: I. Warm up(5’) T shows some pictures on the posters about the post office and asks Ss:
- -What can you see in the photos? -How far is it from your house to near the post ofice? -Have you ever been there? -What services do you think the post office offer?---T leads to the new lesson II.New lesson: R Contents T & Ss’activities _ Ts gives some more * Pre-reading : 5’ questions - Explains the new words : - Mail and Take notes. Parcel service, Express Money Transfer, - Gives English Phone calls and Faxes, Press equivalents, or Distribution, spacious, courteous, Vietnamese meanings of
- speedy, receive, subscribe,… the new words if possible. - Encourages the Ss to give English equivalents, or Vietnamese meanings of the new words. How often do you go to the Post Office? What for? -T uses some method and What services do you think the Post teniques to teach the Office offers vocabularies *Vocabulary: -S listen and give the -spacious(a)= large(a) meaning of these words -courteous(a) = polite -T modern and asks ss to -speedy(a) =quick. Fast repeat in chorus and -To notify(v)= announce individually -recipient(n) =receiver(n) -fascimile(n)= fax, _ Free answers. -subcribe(v)= đăng kí -secure(a)= _ T gets Sts to read the
- *Checking vocabulary: RO & R text silently to do the task. * While reading : 25’ _ T explain how to do the * Task 1:Circle the letter (A, B, C or task. D) before the word that has the opposite _ T goes round to help meaning to the italicised word. them with their work and Cramped , spacious speedy, slow correct their mistakes if Rude, courteous original, possible. changed _ T can write some pairs Key: 1. C 2. B 3. D 4. C of adjectives opposite in meaning for Sts to understand it. Sts do their task in their note books Sts do their task in their note books.
- _ Some Sts will go to the *Task 2.Read the text again and answer board to write their the questions answers. Key: 1. It’s equipped with advanced technology and a spacious and pleasant front office. - T asks Ss to reread the 2. Mail and Parcel Service, express passage to do task 2. Money Transfer, Phone Calls and Faxes, _ T goes around to help Press Distribution. Sts with their difficulties. 3. They are air mail, surface mail, and _ T gets some Sts to the Express Mail Service (EMS). answer the questions. 4. It’s used for notifying the recipient of the time and place to receive the call. 5. You’ll have to subscribe to your favourite newspapers and magazines. _ T lets Sts find in the text * Task 3.Find the evidence in the text to the evidence to support support these statements:
- Key the statements. 1. The Post Office opens daily from 7 _ T calls some Sts to do am to 9 pm. their task on the board and 2. We offer a very competitive rate for T will correct the task. parcels of under 15 kg. 3. We also have the Express Mail Service and your EMS mail will be delivered in the shorted possible time . _ Sts do their task in their 4. We offer a speedy and secure service note books. of transferring money in less than 24 _ Some Sts will go to the hours. board to write their * Post-reading : 10’ answers. T gets Sts to answer the questions in After you read (p.102) * Homework : 2’ _ Asks Sts to prepare for the next period_ speaking.
- Group work. Free answers.