Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 10 Recycling Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read
Chia sẻ: abcdef_34
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 10 recycling lesson 1 : getting started listen and read', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 10 Recycling Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read
- Unit 10 Recycling Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read A / Aims and objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to do something to protect the environment and save natural resources . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , posters , cassette , 6 flashcards , a chart … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Brainstorming (Getting started) Reuse plastic bags Ways to reduce the amount of garbage Group work of 4/5 teams - Ask Ss to think of ways to reduce the amount of garbage they produce . - Deliver posters to Ss , dividing them into 4 groups
- - Tell Ss to put the posters on the board after they finish and the team having the most good ideas is the winner . - Give feedback ( Use cloth bags , use tree leaves to wrap things , make garbage into fertilizer , make vegetable matter into animal food … ) Lead in to new lesson . II / Pre – reading : Introduce the topic of the passage reading and some new words to Ss . 1. Pre – teach vocabulary : - representative (n) = dai dien - to protect = to keep so/ sth safe from danger . Individual -> to protect so / sth from so / sth - natural resource (n) : coal mines , oil / gold / mineral deposits - to recycle “ to make sth already used able to
- be used again . - to contact = to communicate with so by telephone or letter . -> Have Ss copy . Teacher – Ss * Checking technique : Jumbled words - Stick 6 flashcards with jumbled words on the board Whole class tconatc psentreretive ceresoru a ralnatu ropttce cyrecel - Ask Ss to rewrite the words in the right order . - Tell Ss the first two groups with right words Group work of 4/5 will get 2 points . Ss
- - Correct and give feedback contact – representative – resource natural – protect – recycle 2. True / false predictions - Set the scene “ A representative from Friends of the Earth , Miss Blake , is talking to the students of Quang Trung School . Friends of the Earth shows people how to protect the environment and save natural resources “ - Put the chart with the statements on the board . 1. Friends of the Earth is an organization to help people make friends with each other . 2. Miss Blake asks the students to remember Teacher – Ss 3 things : reduce , reuse , recycle . 3. Reduce means buying the products which are over packed .
- 4. We can not reuse things like envelopes , glass , plastic bottles , old plastic bags . 5. Miss Blake says that we should use cloth bags and should not use plastic bags at all . 6. Recycling means not just throwing things away but trying and finding another use for them . - Ask Ss to work in pairs to decide if the statements are true or false . - Call on some Ss to read their guesses and write them on the board . II / While – reading : 1. Checking predictions - Ask Ss to open their books , listen to the Pair work tape while reading the dialogue . - Call on Ss to correct the false statements . Individual - Give feedback 1. False -> an organization to help people
- 2. True 3. False -> Reduce means not buying … Whole class 4. False -> We can reuse things … 5. True 6. True 2. Comprehension questions : - Ask Ss to look at the questions and work in pairs . - Monitor and help Ss with their work - Call on some pairs to practice asking and answering the questions . - Give feedback a. Reduce means not buying products which are over packed . b. We can reuse things like envelopes , glass , plastic bottles and old plastic bags . c. Recycle means not just throwing things Pair work away . Try and find another use for them . d. We can look for information on recycling
- things by having a contact with an organization like Friends of the Earth , going to the local library or asking your family and friends . e. We should not use plastic bags because when we throw them away , they could stay very long and could not be self- destroyed . IV / Post – reading : Discussion “How to protect our environment ?” - Ask Ss to express their opinions / ideas on this topic . - Write their ideas on the board into a list - Give feedback , correct and hove them copy Individual . V / Homework : 1. Write the questions and full answers in your exercise notebook .
- 2. Do the exercises ( 1,2 ) in the Workbook . Individual * Feedback :