Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 11 Traveling around Viet Nam Lesson 2 : speak
Chia sẻ: abcdef_34
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 11 traveling around viet nam lesson 2 : speak', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 11 Traveling around Viet Nam Lesson 2 : speak
- Unit 11 Traveling around Viet Nam Lesson 2 : speak A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to make and respond to formal requests using “ mind “ and make suggestions . B / Teaching aids : a mapped dialogue chart .. C / Procedure : I / Warm up : What does it say ? - Choose a student and ask him / her to go to the front of the class with his / her back to the Whole class board so that he / she can not see what is written on the board . - Write the information on the board . - Ask the rest of the class try to help the student guess what is written on the board by asking questions until he / she says out right the words on the board .
- Example : Yes, I do . Ss ask : Do you like your teacher ? Or Every day Ss ask : How often do you have a shower ? II / Pre- speaking : Introduce the topic of the speaking and some structures 1. Pre- teach structures : - Set the scene : Teacher – Ss Remind Ss of the exchanges between Hoa and Mr. Jones and between Hoa and Tim in the last dialogue and elicit the sentences from Ss . Model sentences : 1. A : Would you mind sitting in the front seat of the taxi ? B : No problem . 2. A : Would you mind if I took a photo ? B : Not at all .
- => Used to make and respond to formal requests Form : 1. Would you mind / Do you mind + verb- ing …? 2. Would you mind if I + Verb ( in Past simple tense) …? Do you mind if I + Verb ( in Present simple tense ) ..? Responses : Agreement: No , I do not mind . / No , of course no . / Whole class Not at all . / Please do . / Please go head . Disagreement : I am sorry , I can not / I am sorry , it is impossible I,d prefer you did not . / I,d rather you did
- not . - Get Ss to copy and give some more examples with suggested words 2. Cardboard Drill 1. move your car ? (v ) 2. go out with me ? ( x) Pair work 3. wait for me ? (x) 4. Get / coffee ? (v) 5. Smoke ? (x) - Call on some pairs to practice in front of class . III / While – speaking : - Ask Ss to work in pairs + Open pairs : Get 3 or 4 pairs to demonstrate the exchanges + Close pairs : get the whole class to practice all the exchanges
- - Give feedback Mapped dialogue You Tourist officer Excuse me ! Yes ? I would like to visit a market. Would you mind suggesting one Not at all . Teacher – Ss ? How about goping to Thai Binh Market ? Pair work It opens from about 5 am to pm . That sounds interesting . Thank You are welcome . you . Individual + Open pairs : Ask some pairs to demonstrate the dialogue .
- + Closed pairs : have Ss open their books and use the information / 101 to practice other dialogues . Individual Group 1 : Markets Group 2 : Museums Group3 : Restaurants Group 4 : Stamps Group 5 : Zoo and Botanical Garden IV / Post – speaking : - Call on some volunteers from each group to practice in front of class . - Rewrite the completed dialogues in their note books V / Homework : 1. Do the exercises in the workbook . 2. Prepare the next lesson .