Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 12 A Vacation abroad Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read
Chia sẻ: abcdef_34
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 12 a vacation abroad lesson 1 : getting started listen and read', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 12 A Vacation abroad Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read
- Unit 12 A Vacation abroad Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to aware of how to make accept and decline invitations . B / Teaching aids : Pictures , cassette , chart ( true / false ) C / Procedure : I / Warm up : 1. Guessing game ( Getting started ) - Show the pictures to Ss , one by one , and ask Ss Individual to guess what country it is . - Feedback : a) The USA b) Australia c) Thailand d) Statue e) Canada f ) Japan 2. Chatting : T :Where do you want to visit among these countries?
- Ss: …………………….. T : Why ? Ss : …………………… II / Pre- reading : Introduce the topic of the passage reading and some new words . 1. Pre – teach Vocabulary : - to include : bao gom , gom co - to come over : to come to Someone,s house to Teacher – Ss visit for a short time - to pick so up : to come and get so in your car to drive him / her to a place - abroad (adv ) = in a foreign country -> to be / go / travel / live abroad Whole class * Checking Vocabulary : Rub out and remember 2 . True / False Prediction Teacher - Set the scene “ Mrs Quyen is going to the USA
- for a vacation . She is ringing her friend , Mrs Smith , to tell her about the trip . “ - Put the chart on the board and ask Ss to read the statements a. Mrs Quyen is calling Mrs Smith from the airport in San Francisco . b. Mrs Smith invite Mrs Quyen and her husband to stay with her while they are in town . c. Mrs Quyen does not accept Mrs smith,s invitation because she wants to stay with a Vietnamese friend of hers . d. Mrs Quyen and her husband will be in the USA for 3 days . e. Mrs Quyen and her husband will come over to Mrs Smith,s place for dinner one night . f. Mr Thanh ; Mrs Quyen,s husband , goes abroad Pair work for a business meeting .
- - Ask Ss to work in pairs to decide if the Teacher – Ss statements are true or false . - Call on some Ss to read their predictions and write them on the board . III / While – reading 1. Checking predictions : - Have Ss open their books , listen to the tape Individual while reading the dialogue . - Call on some Ss to correct the false statements . 1. False -> Mrs Quyen is calling Mrs Smith from Ha Noi 2. True 3. False -> … because her accommodation is included in her tickets price . 4. True 5. False -> Only Mrs Quyen will come over to Mrs Smith ,s . Whole class
- 6. True 2. Grid : Complete Mrs Quyen ,s schedule Pair work - Ask Ss to read the dialogue again and work in pairs to complete the grid with the information taken from the dialogue . - Call on some Ss to go to the board to write the information in the grid on the board . Date Mon 25 Tue Wed Thu 28 26 27 Schedule coming Going Having Leaving to San out dinner San Francisco with Francisco Individual the Smiths Pair work - Have Ss copy 3. Comprehension Questions - Ask Ss to look at their books and answer the
- questions . - Let Ss compare their answers with their partner. - Call on some Ss to answer - Give feedback and correct Answer key : a) No , they won,t . Because they are coming on a tour , and their accommodation is included in the ticket price , so they will stay at the hotel . Whole class b) No , he won,t . Because he will have a business meeting in the evening that day . c) Mrs Smith will pick her up at her hotel . - Get Ss to copy . IV / Post – reading : Pair work Grammar Awareness - Tell Ss to read the dialogue again and pick out the statements indicating the following situations 1. Making an invitation
- 2. Accepting an invitation 3. Declining an invitation 4. Making a complaint - Call on Ss to give their answers and have Ss copy . 1. Would you like to come and stay with us … ? .. you must come over for dinner one night . 2. Ye , we ,d love to but we will only be in town for three nights . 3. That is very kind of you but we are coming on a Individual tour .. 4. Oh . dear . He is always working V / Homework : 1. Learn by heart new words and structures to give some more examples . 2. Do the exercises in the workbook 3. Prepare the next lesson .