Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 12 a vacation abroad lesson 1 : getting started listen and read', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 12 A Vacation abroad Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read
- Unit 12 A Vacation abroad
Lesson 1 : Getting started
Listen and read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
aware of how to make accept and decline invitations .
B / Teaching aids : Pictures , cassette , chart ( true / false )
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up :
1. Guessing game ( Getting started )
- Show the pictures to Ss , one by one , and ask Ss Individual
to guess what country it is .
- Feedback :
a) The USA b) Australia c) Thailand
d) Statue e) Canada f ) Japan
2. Chatting :
T :Where do you want to visit among these
- Ss: ……………………..
T : Why ?
Ss : ……………………
II / Pre- reading : Introduce the topic of the
passage reading and some new words .
1. Pre – teach Vocabulary :
- to include : bao gom , gom co
- to come over : to come to Someone,s house to Teacher – Ss
visit for a short time
- to pick so up : to come and get so in your car to
drive him / her to a place
- abroad (adv ) = in a foreign country
-> to be / go / travel / live abroad Whole class
* Checking Vocabulary : Rub out and
2 . True / False Prediction Teacher
- Set the scene “ Mrs Quyen is going to the USA
- for a vacation . She is ringing her friend , Mrs
Smith , to tell her about the trip . “
- Put the chart on the board and ask Ss to read the
a. Mrs Quyen is calling Mrs Smith from the
airport in San Francisco .
b. Mrs Smith invite Mrs Quyen and her husband
to stay with her while they are in town .
c. Mrs Quyen does not accept Mrs smith,s
invitation because she wants to stay with a
Vietnamese friend of hers .
d. Mrs Quyen and her husband will be in the USA
for 3 days .
e. Mrs Quyen and her husband will come over to
Mrs Smith,s place for dinner one night .
f. Mr Thanh ; Mrs Quyen,s husband , goes abroad Pair work
for a business meeting .
- - Ask Ss to work in pairs to decide if the Teacher – Ss
statements are true or false .
- Call on some Ss to read their predictions and
write them on the board .
III / While – reading
1. Checking predictions :
- Have Ss open their books , listen to the tape Individual
while reading the dialogue .
- Call on some Ss to correct the false statements .
1. False -> Mrs Quyen is calling Mrs Smith from
3. False -> … because her accommodation is
included in her tickets price .
5. False -> Only Mrs Quyen will come over to
Mrs Smith ,s . Whole class
- 6. True
2. Grid : Complete Mrs Quyen ,s schedule Pair work
- Ask Ss to read the dialogue again and work in
pairs to complete the grid with the information
taken from the dialogue .
- Call on some Ss to go to the board to write the
information in the grid on the board .
Date Mon 25 Tue Wed Thu 28
Schedule coming Going Having Leaving
to San out dinner San
Francisco with Francisco
- Have Ss copy
3. Comprehension Questions
- Ask Ss to look at their books and answer the
- questions .
- Let Ss compare their answers with their partner.
- Call on some Ss to answer
- Give feedback and correct
Answer key :
a) No , they won,t . Because they are coming on a
tour , and their accommodation is included in the
ticket price , so they will stay at the hotel . Whole class
b) No , he won,t . Because he will have a business
meeting in the evening that day .
c) Mrs Smith will pick her up at her hotel .
- Get Ss to copy .
IV / Post – reading :
- Tell Ss to read the dialogue again and pick out
the statements indicating the following situations
1. Making an invitation
- 2. Accepting an invitation
3. Declining an invitation
4. Making a complaint
- Call on Ss to give their answers and have Ss
1. Would you like to come and stay with us … ?
.. you must come over for dinner one night .
2. Ye , we ,d love to but we will only be in town
for three nights .
3. That is very kind of you but we are coming on a Individual
4. Oh . dear . He is always working
V / Homework :
1. Learn by heart new words and structures to give
some more examples .
2. Do the exercises in the workbook
3. Prepare the next lesson .