Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 3 at home lesson 5 : write', ngoại ngữ, anh ngữ phổ thông phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 3 At home Lesson 5 : write
- Unit 3 At home
Lesson 5 : write
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
write a description of a room in their house .
B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , chalks , board ...
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Chatting
( Asking something about the room on
page 32 )
1. Which room is this ? Play game
2. What is this ? / Where is it ?
II / Pre - writing : Introduce the aims and Listen and copy the
some new words to Ss : title of the lesson .
1. Pre- teach vocabulary :
- folder Listen and repeat in
- beneath chorus , individually
- dish rack .
- - lighting fixture Guess its meanings
* Checking : Rub out and remember and copy .
2. Reading Play game
- Ask Ss to read the description of
Hoa,sroom , then ask some comprehension
a. What is there on the left of the room ?
b. Where is the bookshelf ?
c. What is there on the right side of the
room ? Read the description
d. Where is the wardrobe ? and practice asking
- Call on some pairs to practice in front of and answering the
class . questions
- Correct and give feedback :
a. There is a desk on the left of the room .
b. The bookshelf is above the desk .
c. There is a window on the right side of
- the room .
d. The wardrobe is beside the window and Read the description
opposite the desk . aloud .
- Call on some Ss to read the descriptions
of Hoa,s room aloud .
III / While - writing : Work individually
- Ask Ss to describe Hoa,s kitchen , using Compare with their
the given cues . friends
- Ask Ss to share with their partners .
- Call on some Ss to demonstrate their
writings in front of class . Demonstrate their
- Correct the mistakes from some writings in front of
descriptions if any . class
- Give feedback
This is Hoa,s kitchen .
There is a refrigerator in the right corner of
the room .
- Next to the refrigerator are the stove and
On the other side of the oven , there is a
sink and next to the sink is a towel rack .
The disk rack stands on the counter , on the
right of the window and beneath the selves
On the selves and on the counter beneath
the window, there are jars of sugar , flour
and tea .
In the middle of the kitchen , there are a
table and four chairs .
The lighting fixture is above the table , and
directly beneath the lighting fixture is a Read the completed
vase with flowers . writing aloud .
- Call on some Ss to read the completed
descriptions aloud . Practice speaking .
- IV / Post- writing : Speaking
- Ask Ss to talk to their partners about their
room / living room / kitchen . Demonstrate in front
- Call on some Ss to demonstrate their of class .
speeches in front of class . Listen and copy
V / Homework :
1. Write a description of their living room
2. Do exercises( ......)in workbook .
3. Prepare the next lesson .
* Feedback :