Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 5 study habits lesson 6 : language focus', ngoại ngữ, anh ngữ phổ thông phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 5 Study habits Lesson 6 : Language focus
- Unit 5 Study habits
Lesson 6 : Language focus
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
use adverbs of manner and modal Should as an advice , reported speech
with commands , requests and advice .
B / Teaching aids : Text book , poster , ten cards .
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Pelmanism
good warm bad fast badly
rode eat ate sit sat
- Explain the meanings and uses of them
+ Hard (a) and hard ( adv ) have different
II / Presentation
1. Adverbs of manner .
- Setting the scene “ Use any word from the
game Pelmanism to complete the following
Listen and copy
- * Form : S + V + a / an + adjective + noun down
or : S + be + Adjective
S + V + adverb
* Use : Adj modifies the noun after it / the
Adv modifies the verb of the
sentence . Work in pairs
Exercise 1 / 52 : Complete the dialogues
- Ask Ss to work in pairs .
- Call on some pairs to demonstrate in front Demonstrate in
of class front of class .
- Give feedback .
1. hard 2. fast 3. badly 4. softly
- Ask ss to practice the dialogue in open
2. Modal : Should
- Ask Ss to look at Mr Hao,s house and Practice asking and
answer some questions answering the
- a. Is his house new ? questions .
b. Is the wall discolored ?
c. How is the door ?
d. Is there grass in his garden ?
e. Should Mr Hao repair the roof ?
Suggested answers : Listen and give
a. No , it isn,t b. Yes , it is c. It is broken examples .
d. Yes. There is lots of grass in his garden.
e. Yes, he should .
-> Explain the modal “ Should “
+ Form : S + Should + infinitive
+ Use : give advice
+ Meaning : nen ( lam gi ) Practice in pairs
Exercise 2 / 52
Give Ss the question “ What should he do
with his house ?
mend ? / paint ? / replant ? / cut ? /
- - Ask Ss to work in pairs to use the verbs to
advise Mr Hao what to do .
- Call on some pairs to practice asking and
answering the question “ What should he do
with his house ? “
- Give feedback .
a. Mr Hao should repair the roof .
b…………...paint the house
c. ……….....cut the grass . Practice in pairs in
d. ……….....replant the tree front of class .
e. ………….mend the door
3. Commands , requests in reported
- Explain the form of the reported speech :
* Form :
To ask / tell + someone + to do something
+ Example :
a. “ Can you give Tim this dictionary ? “ Listen and copy .
- => Mr Jackson asked me to give you this
b. “ Please give Tim this dictionary . “
=> Miss Jackson told me to give you this
dictionary Read the examples
Exercise 3 / 53 : Explain the situation to Ss aloud .
- Have Ss work in pairs to do exercise .
- Call on some pairs to read their answers
aloud , then go to the board to write them on Work in pairs
- Give feedback Practice in front of
a. Miss Jackson asked me to wait for her class .
outside her office .
b. Miss Jackson told me to give you your
report card for this semester .
c. Miss Jackson asked me to help you with
your Spanish pronunciation .
d. Miss Jackson told me to meet her next Some Ss come to
- week . the board to write
- Call on some Ss to practice is pairs and them on
correct their pronunciations .
4. Advice in reported speech
- Explain the form of it
* Form : S + said ( that ) + S + should + V Copy and read the
examples aloud .
Example : Miss Jackson said , “ Tim should
work harder on his Spanish pronunciation . Work in pairs
=> Miss Jackson said you should work
harder on your Spanish pronunciation . Practice in closed
Exercise 4 / 53 pairs and open
- Ask Ss to work with their partners . pairs .
- Call on some Ss to practice in pairs and
correct pronunciation .
- Give feedback
a. Miss Jackson said you should spend more
- time on Spanish pronunciation . Listen and copy .
b. Miss Jackson said you should practice
speaking Spanish every day .
c . Miss Jackson said you should listen to
Spanish conversation on TV .
d. Miss Jackson you should practice reading
aloud passage in Spanish .
e. Miss Jackson said you should use this
dictionary to find out how to pronounce
Spanish words .
III / Homework :
1. Review command , requests and advice in
Reported Speech .
2. Copy all the exercises in their notebooks.
3. Prepare the next lesson .