Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 7 my neighborhood lesson 4 : read', ngoại ngữ, anh ngữ phổ thông phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 7 My neighborhood Lesson 4 : Read
- Unit 7 My neighborhood
Lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
understand the passage about a new shopping Mall
B / Teaching aids : Textbook , cassette , chalk , board
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up : Guessing the words
- Give Ss the definitions and get Ss to find
out the words as quickly as possible .
1. a place where you can buy everything
2. A place where you can buy vegetables and Play game
fruit . ( whole class )
3. A place where you can buy books .
4. A place where you can come to eat .
5. A place where you can come to see the
6. A person who comes to the store and buys
something . Listen and copy
- => Lead in the new lesson
II / Pre - reading : Introduce the topic of the
passage reading and some new words to Ss : Listen and repeat
1. Pre – teach vocabulary : chorally ,
- a roof ( picture ) individually
- convenient = thuan loi
- a selection = a process of choosing carefully
. Copy down .
- available = san co de dung , co the de dung
- a mall = many stores , restaurants , even
movies theaters are under one roof . Play games .
- a resident = cu dan
* Checking vocabulary : What and Listen and do the
2 . Brainstorming :
- Set the scene “ In Nam,s neighborhood ,
there is a new shopping mall .
- Ask Ss to think about the convenience of
- the mall .
the convenience of the
new shopping mall
Possible answers :
- wide selection of goods Read them aloud
- lower prices and copy .
- buy many things at the same time
- have fun or relax while shopping
III / While - reading
- Ask Ss to read the text silently and compare
their or get more information .
- Give feedback
- Explain the meanings of some phrases
rapidly Work individually
+ under one roof
- + shop in comfort
+ take their business
+ offer a wider selection
+ especially stores
+ have been concerned about
* True / False statements Work in pairs
- Have Ss look at the statements in the box
and get them to read the text again and decide
which statements are true , which are false .
Statements True False
1. A mall is open six days a
2. There are more than 50
stores in the mall .
3. Everyone in the
neighborhood is pleased about
the new mall .
- 4. It will be more comfortable
to shop in the mall than in the
present shopping area .
5. Some of the stores on Tran
Work in pairs
Phu Street may have to close .
- Have Ss correct the false statements
1. The mall is open daily
2. There are 50 stores in the mall .
3. Not everyone is pleased . The owner of the
small stores on Tran Phu Street are not happy
* Comprehension questions :
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to answer the
Work in group
questions in the exercise 2/ 68
- Call on Ss to practice asking and answering
- Get all Ss to work in pairs
Listen and copy .
- Give feedback
- IV / Post - reading :
- Give a situation and ask Ss to discuss it “
Do you want to have a new mall in your
neighborhood ? If there is one , what will
happen to the residents ? “
- Call on some Ss to demonstrate in front of
V / Homework :
1. Copy their ideas about there is a mall in
their neighborhood .
2. Do exercises in workbook .
3. Prepare the next lesson .