Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: Unit 7 My neighborhoodPeriod
Chia sẻ: vetnangcuoitroi_2305
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 7 my neighborhoodperiod', ngoại ngữ, anh ngữ phổ thông phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: Unit 7 My neighborhoodPeriod
- Giáo án tiếng văn 8 Unit 7 My neighborhood Period 40 Lesson 1 : Getting started Listen and read A/ Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson . Ss will be able to know more about Na,s new neighbor . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , cassette , boards , chalk .. C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Getting started - Ask Ss to match the names of places with the suitable pictures - Ask for their meanings to make sure Ss know Play game exactly what they mean ( whole class ) * Answers : a. grocery store b. stadium c. wet market d. drug store , e. hairdresser s f. swimming pool II / Pre - reading : Introduce the topic of the passage reading and some new words 1. Pre – teach vocabulary - close by (adv) : a short distance Listen and copy . - to serve : give sb food or drink - a pancake : banh ran - tasty (a) = delicious (a) Listen and repeat * Checking vocabulary : What and where chorally , 2. Guiding questions : individually - Set the scene “ Nam and Na are talking about Copy down the place where they live . But Na is new there .“ Play game Questions : a. How long has Nam lived in that Listen to the scene neighborhood ? and work in groups b. Where does Na want to go ? to predict the - Ask Ss to listen to the tape and predict the answers to the answers and call on some Ss to read their guiding questions .
- predictions and write the m on the board . III / While - reading : 1. Ask Ss to read silently the dialogue Report their between Nam and Na then ask them if their predictions . answers are correct or not . - Give feedback : a. He has lived there for 10 years . Read the dialogue to b. Na wants to go to a restaurant . check their 2. Ask Ss to do the exercise 2 / 64 predictions individually , then compare with their partners . - Call on some Ss to read their answers and give feedback a. new b. last week c. tired Work individually d. restaurant e. Hue f. pancakes 3. Answers given : - Give Ss some answers and ask them to make questions . a. Nam has lived here for 10 years . b. Yes. my mother is too tired to cook . c. The restaurant serves Hue food . Work in pairs to d. Hue food is very good. practice asking and - Ask Ss to work in pairs to practice asking answering the and answering questions => Questions a. How long has Nam lived here ? b. Is Na,s mother tired ? Open pairs -> closed c. What kind of food does the restaurant serve pairs ? d. What is the food like ? IV / Post - reading : Write - Ask Ss to write a passage about their neighborhood by answering the following questions a. How long have you lived in your neighborhood ? b. Do you like it ? Why ? Write individually c . Is there a restaurant / post – office / market / bank / shop in your neighborhood ? Demonstrate their d.How do you do to keep your neighborhood writings in front of
- clean ? class. - Move around the class and help Ss - Call on some Ss to read their writings aloud . Listen and copy . - Correct mistakes . V / Homework : 1. Write the complete writing about their neighborhood . 2. Do exercise in workbook . 3. Prepare the next lesson . Period 41 lesson 2 : speak A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to talk how to send parcels or letters . B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , chalk , board…. C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Chatting - Show a letter and ask Ss some questions + What is this ? + Where can I post it to my friend ? + How can I post it ? Play game + How much ? ( whole class ) + Is it more expensive when I send a parcel ? + Have you ever sent a letter or a parcel ? Lead in the new lesson . II / Presentation : 1. Pre- teach vocabulary : - air – mail : letter or parcel sent by air Listen and repeat - surface mail : letter or parcel sent by bus , chorally , train or ship … individually - charge (v / n ) Copy down * Checking vocabulary : Rub out and ( whole class ) Play game remember 2. Reading comprehension - Set the scene “ Mrs Kim wants to send a Listen carefully . parcel to Qui Nhon , so she has to go to the post office .” Work in pairs - Give Ss some questions and ask Ss to work in pairs to compare their answers . Read the dialogue to - Ask Ss to read the dialogue and find out the fine out the answers . answers
- a. Does Mrs Kim send the parcel airmail or surface mail ? Why ? b. What is the weight of her parcel ? c. How much does she pay ? Practice asking and - Call on Ss to ask and answer the questions answering the * Answers : questions . a. Mrs Kim send the parcel surface mail because it is much cheaper . b. Her parcel is five kilograms . c. She pays 19, 200 dongs . III / Practice : Practice the dialogue - Call on a student to play role of Mrs Kim and with teacher . practice the dialogue with teacher ( clerk ) - Call on some pairs to practice the dialogue . Work in open pairs Correct their pronunciation Work in closed pairs - Call on some pairs to practice the dialogue in . front of class . IV / Further practice : - Set the scene and ask Ss to make the dialogue 1. Mrs Lan wants to post a letter air mail - Ask Ss to make the dialogue between Lan and the clerk in the post office . - Elicit and encourage Ss to make the dialogue themselves . Expected dialogue Practice the Clerk : Can I help you ? dialogues , using the Mrs Lan : I want to send a letter to Kontom . situations . Clerk : Do you want to send it airmail or ( whole class ) surface mail ? Mrs Lan : I send it airmail . How much is it ? Clerk : Let me see . Mmm , 15 grams , it is only 1,200 dongs . Mrs Lan : Here you are . Clerk : Thank you . - Get Ss to practice the dialogue in pairs Work in pairs - Give Ss some situations : 2. Postcard / HCM city / airmail / 15 g 3. Parcel / Ca Mau ? air mail / 2 kg 4. Parcel / Buon Me Thuot / surface / 5 kgs .
- - Divide class into 3 groups , each prepares a Work in groups dialogue - Call on 2 pairs from each group to practice Work in open pairs their dialogue . - Get Ss to work in pairs , practicing three Work in closed pairs dialogues and move around class to help Ss . V / Homework : Listen and copy . 1. Copy the three dialogues in their notebooks . 2. Prepare the next lesson . Period 42 Lesson 3 : Listen A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to know wht Na is going to do on the weekend by listening . B / Teaching aids : Text books , cassette , chalks , boards C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Brainstorming and guessing - Ask Ss to look at 4 advertisements of “ what is on this week ? “ and get Ss to guess what is in the bank 2-3-4 1. Movies 2. Place -> Stadium School ground Play game City ( whole class ) Town ground 3. Activity -> drama / play English Speak Club / Contest Dancing Picture Exhibition Music 4. Place -> Gallery Culture house School City hall II / Pre - listening : - Set the scene “ Na is new in the neighborhood . She is talking to Nam about what she is going to do on the weekend .” Listen and copy
- - Ask Ss to listen to the tape twice and give the answers and fill in the blanks in each advertisement III / While - listening : 1. Listening task : Work individually - Let Ss listen to the tape twice and give the answers - Give feedback a. The new comer b. Town Ground c. English speaking contest d . Culture House Work individually 2. Listening task 2 : - Ask Ss to read the statements in the exercises 2/66 Work in pairs - Get Ss to guess which is true , which is false which has no information - Ask Ss to share their ideas with their friends . - Give feedback - Let Ss listen to the conversation again n and tick in the correct boxes : True ? False or No information Statements T F No a. Na does not know the b X neighborhood very well b. Na does not like movies X c. Na will go to the photo exhibition this weekend X d. Na will not go to the X English speaking Contest Practice asking and e. Na will go to the soccer X answering the match with Nam X questions . f. Nam is a soccer fan . ( whole class ) 3.Comprehension questions - Ask Ss some questions to check their understanding of the conversation . - Turn on the tape again . a. Does Na like movies ? b. Why will not she go to see the film “ The Work in group New comer “ ? c. Why will not Na go to the photo exhibition ? d. Who will Na go to the soccer match with ?
- e. What time does the match start ? IV / Post - Listening : - Ask Ss to work in groups to talk to their friends about what Na is going to do this weekend . Listen and copy - Call on some volunteers from each group to tell the whole class about Na . V / Homework : 1. Write a short passage about what Na is going to do . 2. Do exercises in workbook . 3. Prepare the next lesson . Period 43 lesson 4 : Read A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to understand the passage about a new shopping Mall B / Teaching aids : Textbook , cassette , chalk , board C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Guessing the words - Give Ss the definitions and get Ss to find out the words as quickly as possible . 1. a place where you can buy everything 2. A place where you can buy vegetables and fruit . Play game 3. A place where you can buy books . ( whole class ) 4. A place where you can come to eat . 5. A place where you can come to see the movies . 6. A person who comes to the store and buys something . => Lead in the new lesson II / Pre - reading : Introduce the topic of the Listen and copy passage reading and some new words to Ss : 1. Pre – teach vocabulary : - a roof ( picture ) Listen and repeat - convenient = thuan loi chorally , - a selection = a process of choosing carefully . individually - available = san co de dung , co the de dung - a mall = many stores , restaurants , even movies theaters are under one roof . Copy down . - a resident = cu dan
- * Checking vocabulary : What and where 2 . Brainstorming : Play games . , - Set the scene “ In Nam s neighborhood , there is a new shopping mall . Listen and do the - Ask Ss to think about the convenience of the mall task . the convenience of the new shopping mall Possible answers : - wide selection of goods Read them aloud - lower prices and copy . - buy many things at the same time - have fun or relax while shopping III / While - reading - Ask Ss to read the text silently and compare their or get more information . - Give feedback - Explain the meanings of some phrases rapidly Work individually + under one roof + shop in comfort + take their business + offer a wider selection + especially stores + have been concerned about * True / False statements Work in pairs - Have Ss look at the statements in the box and get them to read the text again and decide which statements are true , which are false . Statements True False 1. A mall is open six days a week . 2. There are more than 50 stores in the mall .
- 3. Everyone in the neighborhood is pleased about the new mall . 4. It will be more comfortable to shop in the mall than in the present shopping area . 5. Some of the stores on Tran Phu Street may have to close . - Have Ss correct the false statements 1. The mall is open daily Work in pairs 2. There are 50 stores in the mall . 3. Not everyone is pleased . The owner of the small stores on Tran Phu Street are not happy . * Comprehension questions : - Ask Ss to work in pairs to answer the questions in the exercise 2/ 68 - Call on Ss to practice asking and answering the questions - Get all Ss to work in pairs Work in group - Give feedback IV / Post - reading : - Give a situation and ask Ss to discuss it “ Do you want to have a new mall in your neighborhood ? If there is one , what will happen to the residents ? “ Listen and copy . - Call on some Ss to demonstrate in front of class . V / Homework : 1. Copy their ideas about there is a mall in their neighborhood . 2. Do exercises in workbook . 3. Prepare the next lesson . Period 44 Lesson 5 : write A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to write a notice B / Teaching aids : Text book , chalk , boards … C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Chatting 1. Have you ever written a notice ? 2. To whom ? Play game 3. What for ? ( whole class)
- 4. What type ? => Lead in the new lesson . II / Pre - writing : Introduce the topic of the writing and the scene “ The residents and store owners on Tran Phu Street are going to hold a meeting to discuss the effects of the new mall . “ 1. Pre- teach vocabulary : Listen and copy . - effects (n) = tac dong , tac dung , hieu qua - contact (v) = lien lac - hardware store = dung cu dong dung trong nha Work in pairs 2. Guiding questions a. Why are the residents and store owners on Tran Phu street going to hold a meeting ? b. When will they hold a meeting ? What time Read individually ? c. Where will they hold the meeting ? Practice asking and - Get Ss to read the notice and answer some answering the questions to check their understanding. questions . - Call on some pairs to practice asking answering the questions . - Give feedback a. To discuss the effects of the new mall b. They will hold the meeting on May 20 at 8 Work in the whole p.m class . c. They will hold the meeting at 12 Hang Dao Street , Binh ,s hardware store . - Let Ss know how to write a notice , not write full sentences . * Reading : - Ask Ss to read the passage and ask some questions to check their understanding , get Work in pairs them to use short answers . 1. What is the English Speaking club going to hold ? 2. Where and when will it be held ? 3. What time ? Work individually d. Who is the person contact ? - Call on some pairs to practice asking and Work in pairs
- answering the questions . III / While -writing : Whole class - Get Ss to write the notice individually - Monitor and help them write - Ask Ss to share with their partners - Check some notices and correct them - Write the model notice on the board Read the correct Suggested answers : notice The school English Speaking club Holding A Speaking Contest to celebrate teacher,s day Date : November 15 Time : 7.30 pm to 10.oo pm Place : Hall 204 , Building G Please contact Ms .Tran Thi Thu Hang of class 8H at the above address for more information . Work in group V / Post - writing : - Ask Ss to write one notice about their class meeting - Get them to work in group - Call on some Ss to demonstrate in front of Listen and copy . class . - Give feedback V / Homework : 1. Write the completed notice in their notebooks . 2. Do exercises in workbook . Period 45 Lesson 6 : Language focus A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to use Present Perfect Tense and some adjectives to make comparisons . B / Teaching aids : Textbook , 10 cards for pelmanism , poster .. C / Procedure : I / Warm up : Matching - Stick a poster of infinitives and Past Participles on the board. - Divide the class into 2 teams - Get Ss form 2 teams to go to the board and Play game
- write each pair of infinitive – past participle ( whole class ) be see collected go worked lived do seen eat attended write been written eaten work attend done live collect gone Answers : be – been write – written Repeat chorally , go – gone live – lived individually , then see – seen collect – collected copy do – done attend – attended eat – eaten work – worked Listen and copy - Get Ss to repeat in chorus and remember the past participles of irregular verbs . II / Presentation : Work in pairs - Set the scene “ Na is new in Nam ,s neighborhood . They are talking to each other .” - Give Ss an open dialogue between Nam and Na Practice in front of , then ask them to complete it class . Na : How long ….. you … in this neighborhood ? Nam : I ... here …..10 years . Na : Really . It is a long time . Listen and copy . * Answers : have – lived / have – lived – for - Ask Ss to repeat the dialogue and ask them to practice in pairs . => Form : have / has + past participle Use : to talk about something which started in the past and continues up to the present We often uses “ For “ and “ Since “ with the Present Perfect Tense For + length of time Since + starting point Work on the whole
- Exercises : class 1. Ex 2 : - Ask Ss to look at exercise 2 / 69 and decide which is the length of time and which is starting point . - Read out a phrase , and Ss to add Since or For - Go on until Ss can remember how to use Work individually For/Since 2. Ex 3 : - Give the cues written on cards and ask Ss to make full sentences . - Correct their pronunciation Example : I / live / here / last week Work in pairs I have lived here since last week 3 .Ex 4: Ask Ss to complete the conversations - Have them work in pairs - Call on some pairs to practice in front of class . - Give feedback 1. have been 2. hope 3. have lived 4. is 5. want 6. looks Work in groups 7. have been 8. have seen - Ask Ss to work in closed pairs . 4 . Ex 5 * Game : Pelmanism different cheap expensive long same modern short big small Listen and repeat - Show Ss 3 books , a red book and a yellow one chorally , which have the same size and a bigger brown individually dictionary then ask Ss to make comparisons Example : - The red book is the same as the yellow one - The red book is as big as the yellow one Listen and copy - The yellow book is different from the brown dictionary . - The yellow is not as big as the brown dictionary Work in pairs . Listen and copy . => Form : The same as … ( not ) as … as different from - Ask Ss to work in pairs to do the exercise 5 / 70
- - Call on some pairs to practice in front of class . - Give feedback a. not as big as b. different from c. different from d. the same as e. not as big as f. the same as g. as long as h. not as modern as i. not as cheap as III / Homework : 1. Copy all the exercises in their notebooks . 2. Prepare the next lesson . * Feedback :