Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 8: unit 8 country life and city life lesson 4 : read', ngoại ngữ, anh ngữ phổ thông phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Nội dung Text: Giáo án Tiếng Anh lớp 8: Unit 8 Country life and city life Lesson 4 : Read
- Unit 8 Country life and city life
Lesson 4 : Read
A / Aims and Objectives : By the end of the lesson , Ss will be able to
understand the text about one of the social problems .
B / Teaching aids : Textbooks , poster , cassette .
C / Procedure :
I / Warm up :
- Write the words with disordered letters on
the board .
+ Fulentipl -> plentiful
+ taneru -> nature Work in group
+ loofd -> flood
+ roestdy -> destroy
+ viroped -> provide
+ suertl -> result
+ ciliestial -> facilities
- Ask them to write the correct words on the
- board and repeat chorally , individually
=> Lead in the new lesson . Listen and copy
II / Pre- reading : down
- Introduce the topic of the passage reading
and some new words to Ss .
1. Pre - teach vocabulary :
- rural (adj ) : something deals with the Listen and repeat
countryside chorally ,
- urban ( adj ) >< rural individually , then
- strain (n) = su qua tai ( dan so ) copy down .
- typhoon (n) = storm (n)
- drought (n) : hot and dry weather for a long
- to struggle = dau tranh
- migrant (n) : a person who moves from one
place to another especially in order to find Play game
- to increase = tang len , tang them
- * Checking vocabulary : What and where
2. Brainstorming : Work in groups
- Ask Ss to think of the difficulties of
Possible answers :
droughts / the weather / hard work / no
vacations / lack of clean water / electricity /
insects destroy harvests ..
- Ask Ss to work in groups to guess how
front of class
farmers deal with difficulties
- Call on some Ss to report their predictions
and write them on the board
III / While - reading :
- - Let Ss listen to the tape and read the text
silently to check their predictions . Work in groups to
- Answer “ What do many farmers do to guess the
solve their problem ? “ difficulties of
=> They have to move to the city so that they farmers .
can get well – paid jobs .
- Call on some Ss to read the text in front of
class . Listen to the tape
1. Gap- filling : and read the text to
- Ask Ss to work in pairs o complete check their
summary , using the information from the predictions
- Call on some volunteers to report their Answer the
- Give feedback
1. leaving 2. home 3. city 4. rural Read the text aloud
5. city 6. problems 7. schools 8. hospitals .
9. problem 10 . world
- - Call on some Ss to read the complete Work in pairs
passage aloud Read their results .
2. Finding the words
- Ask Ss to read the text again and work with
- Call them to report their results
- Give feedback Read the complete
a. rural b. plentiful c. increase summary .
d. strain e. tragedy f. urban Read the text again
IV / Post - reading : Discussion and do the exercise
- Give a situation : If you were a Minister , 2 / 75
what would you do for farmers ? Read the complete
- Ask Ss to work in groups to discuss results .
* Suggested answers :
- build streets , theaters , stadiums in the
- build schools , hospitals Work in groups to
- provide clean water , electricity , facilities discuss
- - build factory .
- Call on 4 volunteers from 4 groups to show
their ideas before the class .
V / Homework :
1. Write 5 things that government should do
for the rural areas . Show their ideas
2. Do exercises in workbook . before class .
3. Prepare the next lesson .
Listen and copy .