Giáo án unit 10: Life on other planets - Tiếng Anh 9 - GV.Ng.T.Hoa
Kgi kết thúc bài học, học sinh sẽ có thể nói chuyện về UFO với các thông tin cơ bản nhận được thông qua thảo luận và đọc sách, tìm hiểu về các hành tinh, học câu diều kiện loại 1 và 2. Giáo án bài 10 "Life on other planets" - Tiếng anh lớp 9 xin giới thiệu đến bạn để có thêm tư liệu tham khảo.
Giáo án unit 10: Life on other planets - Tiếng Anh 9 - GV.Ng.T.Hoa
Nội dung Text
- Giáo án Tiếng anh lớp 9. Teaching date: Period 61 Unit 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS GETTING STARTED + LISTEN AND READ I. Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to talk about UFOs with basic information received through discussion and the reading. II. Language contents: Vocabulary: UFOs, meteor, sighting, alien, spacecraft, egg- shaped, plane – like, treetop. Language skills: Practice reading and talking skills. III. Teaching aids: Teaching plan, Cassette, pictures, posters about UFOs, extra – board. IV. Procedure: 1. Checking up: (No checking) 2. New lesson: Teacher’s activities Students’ activities 3.1. Warm up: - Ask Ss to look at the pictures and explicit the meaning of UFOs. 1. Getting started:
- - Asks Ss to work in pairs and discuss - Group work, find out the answers. the following questions. + UFOs = Unidentified Flying Objects a. have you ever heard of UFOs? Do you thing they really exist? a. Have you ever seen any films on UFOs? What are they about? c. What do you want about UFOs? 1. New words: d. If you saw a UFO, what would you + Meteor (n): do? + Alien (n): - Gather ideas and provide some facts + Sample (n): about UFOs (see supplements) + Spacecraft (n): 3.2. Presentation: + Egg – shape (a): h - Ask Ss to look at Listen and read. - Explicit the new words. + Plate – like (a): + Treetop (n): 2. find contextual meanings of the words: - Individual work and pair work. - Play the tape and set the scene: "UFOs are strange flying objects that some people * Answers: report that they have seen in the sky and 1. Evidence believed to be spacecraft from another 2. meteor planet, Many scientists do not believe 3. aliens
- so, they say that if people see a UFO, it 4. collecting might be an aircraft, a weather balloon 5. captured or a meteor however, there is still 6. disappeared 3. Completing the notes: evidence for people believe in the existence of UFOs" a. An aircraft, a weather balloon or a meteor can be mistaken for an alien 3.3. Practice: spacecraft. - Tell Ss to work individually and find b. ……………. nine large round objects the words in the text having meanings traveling at about 2.800 meters an hours as in the book instructed. c. ……….. over 1.500 sightings …….. - Ask Ss to compare their answers with a friend. Encourage Ss to guess the d. ……….. saw a UFO above their …… meaning of the words in the context of the passage e. ………. Saw an egg – shaped object in one of his fields and also aliens - Call on some Ss to read aloud their collecting soil samples …….. answers in front of class. Ask Ss to explain their answers: f. ……… claimed they were captured by aliens and taken abroad a spacecraft. - Feedback and give correct answers. g. …… and his plane disappeared after - Ask Ss to work in pairs and read the sighting a UFO… passage h. ……….. that he saw a plate like device at a treetop 30 meters away … - Group work. A B 1. 1947 a. a woman 2. 1952 b. a farmer 3.4. Consolidation: 3. 1954 c. Kenneth Arnold - Divide class into small groups. Ask
- them to match the timeline in A to the 4. 1964 d. a young pilot events in B when the game is finished, 5. 1971 e. 1,500 UFO ask Ss to recall the passage and present sightings it to class. 6. 1978 f. two men * Answers: 1- C 2- E 3- A 4- B 5- F 4. Drill: - Summarize the main points - Vocabulary: UFOs, meteor, sighting, alien, spacecraft, egg- shaped, plane – like, treetop. 5. Homework: - Summarize the main points - Imagine and describe to answer the questions: 1. What are UFOs? 2. What do UFOs look like? - Prepare "Speak + Listen"
- Teaching date: Period 62 Unit 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS SPEAK + LISTEN I. Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to: + Speak with a friend about things which might be on Mars such as water, little creatures, minerals,…. + Be update with background knowledge about Mars and solar system. + Listen to a rather long talk about the moon and be more confident in true or false listening comprehension exercise. + Get more information about the moon. II. Language contents: Vocabulary: mineral, microorganism, gemstones, little creatures, sparkling spots, trace, precious, science for fun program, crater, and Olympic champion. Language skills: Practice speaking and listening skills. III. Teaching aids: Teaching plan, Cassette, pictures, extra – board. IV. Procedure: 1. Checking up: - Talk about your guess. + What are OFOs? + What do UFOs look like?
- (Student’s answers) 2. New lesson: Teacher’s activities Students’ activities 3.1. Warm up: - Ask Ss to work in group of 3 to 4 and make good guesses about Math - Group work. Suggested questions: + What do you thing might be on the Mars? + Are there any people? Any plants? - Gather ideas and comments. 3.2. Speaking: 1. Speak: * Pre- speaking: - Introduce the new words. * New words: + Minerals (n): + Microorganism (n): + Gemstones (n): + Little creatures (n): + Sparking spots (n): + Trace (n): * While – speaking: + Precious (n): - Ask Ss to work in pairs and practice the - Pair works. dialogue in the book. - Keep Ss in groups and ask them to make up similar dialogues about the drawings, using the
- cues in section as * Suggested answers: - Go around the class and provide help if necessary. 1. Phuong: What do these drawings say, - Feedback and give suggested answers Minh? Minh: There might be plants in Mars Phuong: And what about those dark shapes on the left conner? Minh: Well they migh be sight of gas, there maybe some plants in Mars 2. Hung: What do these pictures say? Hao: There may be mountains and Mars. Hung: And what about the wavy lines on the right corner? Hao: Well, they might be water. There may be some litter creatures in Mars. * Post – speaking: - Ask Ss to work in group and discuss: tell each other what you think might be on Mars on the moon and on other planets - Group work. - Encourage Ss to share and exchange ideas (Student’s answers) and background knowledge that they know about planets. - Call on some Ss to make a presentation in front of class - Give addiction about solar system (see supplements)
- 3.3. Listening: * Pre – listening: - Ask Ss to look at the book and explicit the 2. Listen: new words. * New words: + Science for fun program (ch¬ng tr×nh khoa häc vui + Crater (n): + Olympic champion (n): * While – listening: - Have Ss listen to the description of the moon. - Individual work. Then check (✓) the correct statements about - Compare the answers with a partner. the moon. * Answers: - Play the tape several times if necessary a. ✓ - Ask Ss to compare their answers with earlier guesses with a friend. c. ✓ - Feedback and give correct answers d. ✓ f. ✓ i. ✓ j. ✓ * Post – listening: - Asks Ss to work in groups and make a short presentation about the moon, encourage Ss to use as much information in the listening as - Group work. possible. However, they also use their own knowledge to make the presentation more
- information and interesting - Call on some Ss to make the presentation in front of class. - Comment and have feedback on Ss’ performance 4. Drill: - Summarize the main points. - Vocabulary: mineral, microorganism, gemstones, little creatures, sparkling spots, trace, precious, science for fun program, crater, and Olympic champion 5. Homework: - Summarize main points. - Prepare “Read”
- Teaching date: Period 63 Unit 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS READ I. Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to enhance reading skill through ordering and answering questions exercises. II. Language focus: Vocabulary: physical condition, push up, orbit, cabin, circus, marvelous. Language skills: Practice reading skill. III. Teaching aids: Teaching plan, pictures, extra – board. IV. Procedure: 1. Checking up: - Talk about the information about the moon you know. 2. New lesson: Teacher’s activities Students’ activities 3.1. Warm up: - Let Ss play the game “Q&A”. - Ask Ss questions about space trip. + Have you ever heard of a space trip? - Whole class.
- + What do people go there for? + What should we have to prepare if we want to take a trip to the space? + What can we do there? +…………………………………. 3.2. Pre – reading: - Ask Ss to look at the passage. - Introduce and explain the new words * New words: + Physical condition (n): + Plush up (n): + Orbit (n): + Cabin (n): 3.3. While – reading: + Marvelous (a): - Reads the passage once. - Ask Ss to read the passage - Individual work. independently and put the phrase in order to show what you need and get in joining - Compare the answers with a partner. a trip into the space. b) Answers: - Call on some Ss to explain their 4–1–5–2–3 answers. - Feedback and give correct answers - Have Ss read the passage more carefully and answer the questions. b) Answering comprehension Remind them to write the answers in full questions
- sentences. - Ask Ss to compare their answers with a 1. if you decide to take part a space friend trip, you will have to run a lot, swim everyday, and do aerobic and push ups - Call on some Ss to read their answers to have an excellent physical aloud in front of class. education. - Make necessary corrections and give 2. If you want to show you are in correct answers perfect health you must a letter from doctor 3. You can see pictures of the earth: your country, interesting places, the oceans, the big rivers, the tall, mountains. 4. We can see those scenes 16 times a day. 5. We can walk on the walls or on the ceiling 3.4. Post - reading: * Topic - Expand the topic by introducing group - Group work. discussion. If you were able to take a space trip, what would you do to prepare for the trip? What would you like to bring along? What would you do there? 4. Drill: - Summarize main points. - Vocabulary: physical condition, push up, orbit, cabin, circus, marvelous.
- 5. Homework: - Summarize main points. - Do exercise: * Fill in the blank with the most suitable words: 1. Many people say that they once saw…. Flying objects 2. If you want to take the trip to a space, you must be in good ……. Condition 3. We call people from other planet … 4. ….., earth’s outer neighbor, is the fourth planet from the sun. - Prepare “Write”
- Teaching date: Period 64 Unit 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS WRITE I. Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to know how to write an argumentative exposition using the right format and language structures. II.Language focus: Vocabulary: (Revise) Structures: (Revise) Language skills: Practice writing skill. III. Teaching aids: Teaching plan, extra – board. IV. Procedure: 2. Checking up: Call on some Ss to do the exercise in “Homework” S1: 1. ….. 2. …. S2: 3. ….. 4. ….. * Answers:
- 1. Unidentified 2. physical. 3. aliens 4. Mars 3. New lesson: Teacher’s activities Students’ activities 3.1. Warm up: - Group work. - Let Ss play the game Networks. - Make a list of words relating to planets. - Ask Ss to work in groups of 3 to 4. - The group with longest list will be the winner. Note: The words must be correctly spelled and related to the topic. Planets * Answers: Mercury Venus Earth Mars Jupiter Saturn Uranus
- Neptune Pluto Sun Sun …….. 3.2. Pre – writing: - Explain the definition of an argumentative writing “In writing, there is a argumentative writing which presents one’s ideas, opinions and make them persuasive to - Whole class and pair work. readers. At the same time, this kind of writing has to successfully protect the opinions and refuse the opposite once. An argumentative writing should basically consist of three parts: introduction, body and conclusion” - Implicit the outline and the functions of three main parts in an argumentative exposition through matching exercise. Ask Ss to read the outline of an expression in column A. then put the paragraph in column B in order to match the section in column A. - Read and match. T: Call on some Ss to read the answers - Further explain the outline and give correct answers
- a)Matching: * Answers: + Introduction -> (ii) 3.3. While – writing: + Body -> (iii) - Ask Ss to work in pairs and read the + Conclusions -> (i) dialogue between An and Ba about the a. Read the dialogue … sentence of UFOs. Make sure Ss understand the dialogue especially Ba’s opinions about existence of UFOs. - Tell Ss to use Ba’s opinions in the dialogue to write exposition independently - Go around the class and pick up - Individual work. some typical writings to read aloud - Compare the answers with a partner. and have some necessary corrections * Suggested answers: - Give suggested answers I believe UFOs exit because articles and reports in newspapers talk a lot about their appearance. Firstly, many people from different countries reported that they once saw flying saucers. Secondly, there are many photos of flying saucers and some photographers said they saw man like creatures get out of vehicles. Moreover, people are discussing those mysterious circles on the fields in the countryside of Great Britain
- So I think UFOs are not our imagination. They are real, and we should be ready to see their visit. 3.4. Post – writing: - Pair work. - Ask Ss to work in pair and introduce “cross check” (students correct for each other) - Comment and point out the most common mistakes that Ss make in their writing. Suggest the ways what Ss can avoid those mistakes in their later writing practices 4. Drill: - Summarize main points. 5. Homework: - Summarize main points. - Prepare “Language focus”
- Teaching date: Period 65 Unit 10: LIFE ON OTHER PLANETS LANGUAGE FOCUS I. Objectives: By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to: + Master the use of modal verbs: “may” and “might” + Distinguish the deference between conditional sentences type 1 and type 2 and use them properly. 1. Language focus: Vocabulary: (Revise) Grammar: + may/might + bare – infinitive + Conditional sentence: type 1 + Conditional sentence: type 2 2. Language skills: Practice reading and writing skills. II. Teaching aids: Teaching plan, pictures, extra – board. III. Procedure: 1. Checking up: - Perform your writing you wrote in the last period. 2. New lesson:
- Teacher’s activities Students’ activities 3.1. Warm up: - Group work. - Let Ss play the game Jumbled words. - Write the new words in the wrong order. * Answers: Example: 1. balloon 1. aolobnl 2. saucer 2. ecrasru 3. argument 3. ertnmgau 4. alien 4. nilea 5. ……. 5. ……. 3.2. presentation and practice 1: - Whole class and individual work. - Help the Ss to review the usage of modal verbs “may” and 1. May and might: “might”. => may/might + V_inf - Ask Ss to work with a partner. Use “may” or “might” and talk about Andy’s presents. Answers: b. It might be a box of crayons, or it might be a - Tell Ss to compare their box of paint answers with a friend c. It’s might be a football, or it might be a - Call on some Ss to read their basketball. answers in front of class. d. It may be a boat, or it might be a train. - Feedback and give correct e. It may b a flying saucer, or it might be a
Có Thể Bạn Muốn Download