KIỂM TRA HỌC KÌ I KHỐI 12 NĂM 2011 MÔN: ANH VĂN – ĐỀ 21
Chia sẻ: tottenham246 | Ngày: 11-07-2011
Tham khảo tài liệu 'kiểm tra học kì i khối 12 năm 2011 môn: anh văn – đề 21', tài liệu phổ thông, ôn thi đh-cđ phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
- KIỂM TRA HỌC KÌ I KHỐI 12 NĂM 2011 MÔN: ANH VĂN – ĐỀ 21 Part 1: Phonetics: Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest in each group 1. A. knew B. grew C. sew D. threw 2. A. afraid B. made C. shake D. take 3. A. shoes B. choose C. does D. goose 4. A. bubble B. on C. blunt D. won 5. A. there B. care C. here D. wear Choose the word whose syllable is stressed differently from the rest in each group 6. A. celebration B. contribution C. operation D. remarkable 7. A. recognise B. recollect C. recommend D. recipe 8. A. compose B. recent C. gentle D. stupid 9. A. publish B. rewrite C. study D. practise 10. A. exercise B. decorate C. extinguish D. advertise Part 2: Vocabulary - grammar and structures Choose the best answer among A, B, C or D 11. Did you_______ anywhere interesting last weekend? A. go B. going C. was D. went 12. I work as a teacher and my wife________ too A. do B. is C. work D. does 13. I think _______ taxi driver A. her job is B. she's a C. her job is an D. she's 14. What is your hometown__________? A. situated B. age C. like D. located 15. I'm afraid I_____ here for your birthday party. A. have not to be B. am not being C. will be not D. can't be 16. How ________ are you? A. high B. wide C. long D. heavy 17. How long_________ married? A. have you been B. are you C. have you D. been 18. Would like _______ help? A. a B. some C. me D. I 19. They___________ go to the cinema A. a lot B. much C. rare D. seldom
- 20. He hasn't played since he ________ the accident. A. had B. has had C. has D. had had 21. This is the best tea I've_____ tasted. A. never B. ever C. already D. still 22. I'm looking___ the summer holidays A. before B. forward C. for D. forward to 23. My girlfriend ______ born on the 2nd of September 1974 A. is B. was C. had D. has been 24. The beer tastes_______ A. badly B. lovely C. well D. normaly 25. In life________ can make a mistake; we're all human A. anyone B. some people C. not anybody D. someone Which sentence expresses the same idea as the given one? 26. Susan wore warm clothes, so she got a cold. A. If Susan wore warm clothes, she wouldn't get a cold. B. If Susan wore warm clothes, she wouldn't have got a cold C. If Susan had worn warm clothes, she wouldn't have got a cold D. If Susan had worn warm clothes, she wouldn't get a cold. 27. There are no tickets left tonight's performance. A. The tickets for tonight's performance are left B. All the tickets for tonight's performance are booked C. They don't sell the tickets for tonight's performance D. The tickets for the performance is sold tonight 28. At the end of his speech, Mr. White thanked the organizers A. Mr. White ended his speech by thanking the organizers B. The organizers thanked Mr. White for his wonderful speech C. Mr. White's speech eventually ended. D. Mr. White thanked the organizers for ending the speech. 29. He just failed to break the world record A. He broke the world record. B. He successed in breaking the world record C. The world record was broken by him D. He didn't succeed in breaking the world record 30. Who was the previous owner of the car? A. Nobody owned this car B. The car didn't have any owner before C. Who did the car belong to before? D. He didn't succeed in breaking the world record.
- Choose a word or phrase in each sentence that needs correcting 31. You should know (A) by now that I cannot (B) stand it when my steak is not (C) cooked properly as I always have mine well (D) made. 32. You really must (A) more careful when you (B) do your exercises because you (C) did six elementary mistakes in this (D) one. 33. I (A) see you have some apples (B) for sale and I only want two. Can you please tell me (C) how much they are (D) the piece? 34. (A) In view of his (B) poor health and also because he found it difficult to (C) breath the doctor (D) recommended that he moved to a warmer country. 35. I'm (A) afraid the number you want is (B) occupied at the moment so I (C) suggest you (D) ring back later. Part 3: Reading Read the passages below and choose the correct answer among A, B, C or D. Fast Food Facts There are more than 300,000 nfast food restaurants in the U.S. Why is fast food so polular? Because it's convenient, predictable, and fast. Fast food has become a part of the busy American lifestyle. But nutrition experts point out, fast food is often high in calories, sodium, fat and cholesterol. This does not mean fast food is bad. But it does mean you should fit fast food into a balanced, healthy diet. On the average, to maintain desirable weight, men need about 2,700 calories per day and women need about 2,000 calories per day. It is not well understood why some people can eat much more than others and still maintain a desirable weight. However, one thing is certain- to lose weight, you must take in fewer calories than you burn. This means that you must either choose foods with fewer calories, or you must increase your physical activity, preferably both. Most Americans get more than 40 percent of their daily calories from fat, the American Heart Association recommends limiting fat to less than 50- 80 grams per day. Fast food meals can be high in calories, fat, sodium, and cholesterol. See an example on how easily these red-flag items can add up. Lately, fast-food chains have noticed that consumers are more health-conscious, and as a result many chains are adding healthier choices to their menus. 36. Why is fast food so popular in US? A. Because it is good for your health and it is fast B. Because American way of life is on fashion C. Because American people are very busy and fast food is ready to take D. Because American do not like cooking. 37. If you want to lose weight, what should you do?
- A. It is not important what you eat, providing you eat less B. Take in fewer calories than you spend C. Eat food which contains less fat and consequently fewer D. Eat food which contains more fat and more calories. 38. Some people eat much more than others, but still don't put on weight, Why? A. We don't really know it B. They burn more calories than others C. They do not eat fast food meals D. They need more calories than others 39. What are fast food meals high in? A. Water, fat and calories B. Fat and cholesterol C. Salt, fat and cholesterol D. All are correct 40. Is it possible to eat well in a fast food restaurant? A. Yes, but you shouldn't eat in a fast food restaurant everyday B. Yes, but only if you choose low in fat and calories meals C. No, all fast food meals contain too much fat and cholesterol D. Yes, if the menus have more choices. Water is our life source. It makes up 70 per cent of (41)_______ bodies and the average person actually spends 18 months of his life (42)_______ bath or shower. But we are only now learning how to look (43)_______ water. Acid rain (44)_______ polluted as many as 18,000 lakes and our seas and rivers are polluted with waste products. It is now (45)_______ expensive to try to repair the damage which has been done. We have some hope for the future, though, (46)_______ new sources of water have been discovered. People (47)_______ in the Sahara Desert have (48)_______ fish swimming in deep underground streams. Scientists also believe (49)_______ is a huge lake underneath London. If we have (50)_______ anything from our mistakes we will try to keep these new areas of water clean. 41. A. the B. their C. our D. these 42. A. in B. to C. on D. at 43. A. over B. on C. after D. to 44. A. will B. has C. would D. is 45. A. very B. such C. more D. much 46. A. which B. because C. so D. even 47. A. live B. living C. to live D. lived 48. A. realized B. put C. looked D. found 49. A. it B. here C. that D. there 50. A. taught B. practised C. known D. learnt
- 1. C 2. A 3. C 4. B 5. C 6. A 7. C 8. B 9. D 1 0. A 1 1. A 1 2. D 1 3. B 1 4. C 1 5. D 1 6. D 1 7. A 1 8. B 1 9. D 2 0. A 2 1. B 2 2. D 2 3. B 2 4. B 2 5. A 2 6. C 2 7. B 2 8. A 2 9. D 3 0. C 3 1. D 3 2. C 3 3. D 3 4. C 3 5. D 3 6. C 3 7. B 3 8. A 3 9. C 4 0. B 4 1. C 4 2. A 4 3. C 4 4. B 4 5. A 4 6. B 4 7. B 4 8. D 4 9. D 5 0. D