by Kalei Anne Lundberg
This model appeared while I was playing with the lily base and because I wanted
to send a butterfly to Sweden. The diagrams are offered for personal use any other
use please contact me for permission at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Do the star precrease, color 2. Fold and unfold to the 3. Inside reverse fold along
side up, and collapse the model center line. Repeat on the the precreased lines.
into a colored preliminary fold. other side. Repeat on the other side.
4. Fold and unfold to 5. Model after the spread 6. Fold a single layer on 7. Valley fold the top
the center line. Spread squash is complete. the front and back left point down. This fold
squash fold along the Repeat on the other 3 side to the right. Note: will fall along the
precrease. sides. Note this is the lily that the right side of the interior thickness.
base with the small model will now enclose
points tucked to the two full points
Lily-Fly page 1 of 3
8. Open up the four 9. Inside reverse the two 10. Petal fold.
points. The model will lay triangular folds between the
flat. Note: The reverse top and bottom set of wings.
side of the model should Squash fold the bottom
be oriented as in step 13. triangular fold.
11. Tuck the small point to the 12. Turn model over. 13. Valley fold the top layer to
inside. the left to complete the
separation between the two
15. Fold and unfold to 16. Outside reverse along the
align along the edge of precrease line while sliding the point
14. Fold model in half. the wings. downward. This will cause a small
crimp fold on either side of the model.
Lily-Fly page 2 of 3
17. Note that the 18. Fold and unfold. 19. Reverse fold the tips 20. Reverse fold the
crimp curls up over Light lines show the to the inside. The bottom small tip between the
the top wing and landmark. Repeat on wings have an extra wings along line.
tucks into the body. back. reverse fold for the tip. Repeat on the back.
Repeat on back. Fold wings to the
right repeat on the
21. Step reverse fold the 22. Shape the wings by sinking 23. Ta Dah!!!!
tip three times. Note the the tips through all layers. Some
second reverse will be of these can be a bit tricky.
even with the body side of
the model. Open.
Lily-Fly page 3 of 3