Copyright 1998-99 Stephen Hecht. All Rights Reserved
A 172mm square produces a model 44mm high with a 40mm square base and a 30mm square opening.
1. White side up. 2. Mountain crease in thirds. 3. Valley crease halfway
Valley crease all bisectors. between half-lines and
4. Fold and unfold, making 5. Bring corner A to mark 6. Valley crease where
a mark where it crosses the B, creasing where shown. shown. Repeat on other
long diagonal. Then repeat steps 4 & 5 on three corners.
the other three corners.
9. Model is not flat.
Push in sides on
8. Form water-bomb existing creases,
7. Mountain crease. base. Push towards you
Repeat on other three spreading lower flaps.
from behind smallest
corners. mountain fold.
Copyright 1998 Stephen Hecht. All Rights Reserved
12. Swing back down.
11. Fold up where limited by Repeat on other three
10. Like so. Unfold, and repeat hidden water-bomb base.
steps 8 and 9 on other three sides.
sides. Then reform all four at
14. Squash triangular flap 15. Mountain fold the tip of the
13. Lift two sides, and symmetrically against inner squashed flap over the edge.
bring the rear triangular corner. It helps to flatten the Then unfold to step 11, and
flap inside. standing corner a bit. repeat steps 13-15 on the other
16. Bring up all four edges at 17. Finished. Notice that the
once, with triangular flaps white flaps overlap a little bit.
squashed inside. Flip the tips Tuck the right under the left on
over the top edge of the vase, each side of the vase, for
on the creases from step 15. symmetry.