1. Begin with a dollar, green 2. Unfold. 3. Fold the bottom left corner
side up. Fold the it in half upward to lie on the
lengthwise, with the green horizontal center line. The
side inside. crease should run through the
upper left corner.
4. Like this. Turn the 5. Fold the left edge 6. Like this. Unfold
paper over from top to down to lie along the completely, and turn the
bottom. bottom edge. paper back over so that
the green side faces up.
7. Repeat steps 3–6, but begin with the 8. Push down point B (where the two diagonal creases
upper left corner rather than the lower cross) and bring points A and C toward each other.
left. When you have completed step 6 As you do this, bring the two left corners of the dollar
(unfolding the paper), don't turn it over toward each other and the two right corners toward
again, but leave it white side up, with each other, folding along the crease made in step 1,
the creases to the left. so that the white side is on the outside at each end.
A A A
B B B
9. Pinch the left side of the model flat using 10. Fold the front lower 11. Push corner A down
the existing creases. Then, while holding right edge up to touch so that it goes between
edges AB and BC together, flatten out the the two vertical edges; corners D and E, using
rest of the model, forming new creases as repeat behind. existing creases.
12. The dotted line shows where corner A 13. Hold flaps D and E together, and
winds up. Now fold one of the upper right fold the back flap from the right side to
corners down along a diagonal—the exact the left, as if you were turning a page of
amount isn't critical. Fold an equal amount a book facing away from you.
down on the other flap (on the other side).
C C C
E D D E
B B B
14. Fold flap D over 15. Fold the thick point at the bottom (point 16. Fold point B
to the right; in the B) up to touch the junction of three creases upward on the
process, corner A in the middle of the green triangle; make a crease you just
comes up, undoing small crease, unfold, and turn the model made (reversing its
step 11. over, keeping the point at the bottom. direction).
D E D E
Fold point B back down to 18. Carefully (because of the 19. Fold corner A (which is
touch the bottom edge. thickness) fold the model in half hidden inside the model) back
vertically. down between corners D and
E (as you did in step 11).