Introduction to Presentations
Presentation & Effective Oral
Making Effective Presentation
• The art of attractively packaging an
idea and delivering it to an
audience in order to achieve an
objective is called a presentation.
• An idea no matter how brilliant,
would not see the light of day just
because no one cared to present it
in the right perspective.
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 2
• Effective communication will
play a significant role right
from faring well in an
interview to presenting your
ideas as a Chief Executive of
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 3
– Slide are transparent sheets of a
special grade of plastic, which
displays its contents on plain
white surface or a screen.
– This enables the audience to see
the contents of the slide.
– The most important component in a
presentation is you. Remember the
presentation is made by you.
– Slide must contain the gist of the
• Handouts Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 4
• At the onset of presentation, the
presenter should structure his
• Should achieve the following:
– Present your through
– Modify the opinions
– Promote favorable action
• Some techniques have been outlined
and then suitably elaborated.
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 5
• An effective is the result of
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 6
• Planning is the
essence of a good
• Start with BOM:
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 7
• The magic formula: 1H+6W=
complete coverage + great
• Idea Pad:
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 8
• KISS: Keep It Short and Simple
• KILL: Keep It Large and Legible
• The 6x4 rule:
– Never write more than 4 words per
– Never write more than 6 lines per
• Divide and Conquer
• Plan Color
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 9
• KISSS – Keep It Short, Simple,
Strong (positive) and Sincere.
• Prepare the audience.
• Body language
• Control Time
• Handling questions
Aptech ACCP i7.1/CPD/Chapter2 10