- By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to understand the passage about a new shopping mall.
Nội dung Text: Unit 7: My neighborhood. Period 43: Lesson 4: Read
- Unit 7: My neighborhood.
Period 43: Lesson 4: Read
- By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to understand the passage about a new
III. Teaching procedure:
2. Oral test:
- Homework correction..
3. New lesson:
A. Warm- up: Guessing the words:
- A place where you can buy everything. (Supermarket)
A place where you can buy vegetables and fruits. (Grocery store)
A place where you can buy book. (Book store)
A place where you can come to see the movies. (Movie Theater)
* Pre - reading:
- Teach some new words:
a roof convenient a selection
Available a mall a resident
+ Checking: What and Where:
- Set the scene.
- Ask Ss to think about the convenient of the mall.
+ Possible answers: - wide selection of goods.
- Lower price.
- buy many things at the same time.
- - have fun or relax while shopping.
* While - reading:
- Ask Ss to read the text silently and compare their ideas or get more infor mation.
- Give feedback.
- Have Ss look at the Ex 1.
- Make sure they understand the statements.
- Get Ss to read the text again and decide which is T, which is F.
- Give the right ones: a. F b. F c. T d. F
- Have Ss correct the false statements.
- Ask Ss to work in pairs to answer the given questions on P. 68.
- Call some Ss to give the right answers.
* Post - reading:
- Give situation and ask Ss to discuss it.
- “Do you want to have a new mall in your neighborhood? If the re is one, what will
happen to the residents?”
- Do the Ex in workbook.
- Prepare the next lesson.