By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to use comparative and superlative adjectives; the Present Progressive Tense to talk about the future.
Nội dung Text: Unit 8: Country life and city life. Period 51: Lesson 6: Language focuses
- Unit 8: Country life and city life.
Period 51: Lesson 6: Language focuses
- By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to use comparative and superlative
adjectives; the Present Progressive Tense to talk about the future.
III. Teaching procedure:
2. Oral test:
- Homework correction..
3. New lesson:
A. Warm- up: Matching:
- A B
Do To violent
Watch The house
Go Table tennis
Clean My homework
Play A meeting
Have A program
Phone To mom
Speak My aunt, Mrs.Hang
I. The Present Progressive Tense:
- - Ask Ss to use the suitable verbs in the Present Progressive Tense to complete the
dialogue in the Ex 2 p.78.
- Get Ss to work in pairs.
- Call some pairs to practice the dialogue before the class and T corrects.
a. am playing b. are doing c. am watching
d. am going e. are cleaning f. am having
II. The comparative and superlatives:
- Ask Ss to think of as many long and short adjectives as possible.
- Remind Ss of the forms of comparative and superlative adjectives:
Short Adj - er + than + object
More + long Adj + than + object.
The + Short Adj- est
- The most + long Adj.
Good/ well - better - the best
Bad - worse - the worst
Many - more - the most
Little - less - the least
- Ask Ss to do Ex 4 on p.79.
- Give some examples.
a. The air in the country is fresher than in the city.
b. The medical facilities in the city are more accessible than in the
- Move around the class and help Ss write comparison sentences.
- Let Ss read aloud on of their sentence they have made.
- Let Ss make any sentence they want, only focus on the structures, not on the
- - Ask Ss to do the Ex 5 on p. 79.
- Ask them to read the advertisement then ask them some questions to check their
What are advertised?
How old are they?
How much do we pay per month?
- Ask ss to practice on their own.
- Call some Ss to give the right answers.
- Remind Ss the key points.
- Review all key grammar points to prepare for the revision lesson.