Unit 8: Country life and city life. Period 51: Lesson 6: Language focuses
Chia sẻ: chenxanh_1
By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to use comparative and superlative adjectives; the Present Progressive Tense to talk about the future.
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Unit 8: Country life and city life. Period 51: Lesson 6: Language focuses
- Unit 8: Country life and city life. Period 51: Lesson 6: Language focuses I. Objectives: - By the end of the lesson, Ss will be able to use comparative and superlative adjectives; the Present Progressive Tense to talk about the future. II. Preparation: - Textbook. III. Teaching procedure: 1. Organization: 2. Oral test: - Homework correction.. 3. New lesson: A. Warm- up: Matching:
- A B Do To violent Watch The house Go Table tennis Clean My homework Play A meeting Have A program Phone To mom Speak My aunt, Mrs.Hang B. Presentation: I. The Present Progressive Tense:
- - Ask Ss to use the suitable verbs in the Present Progressive Tense to complete the dialogue in the Ex 2 p.78. - Get Ss to work in pairs. - Call some pairs to practice the dialogue before the class and T corrects. + Answers: a. am playing b. are doing c. am watching d. am going e. are cleaning f. am having II. The comparative and superlatives: - Ask Ss to think of as many long and short adjectives as possible. - Remind Ss of the forms of comparative and superlative adjectives: Comparative : Short Adj - er + than + object More + long Adj + than + object. Superlative: The + Short Adj- est
- The most + long Adj. Irregular adjectives: Good/ well - better - the best Bad - worse - the worst Many - more - the most Little - less - the least - Ask Ss to do Ex 4 on p.79. - Give some examples. a. The air in the country is fresher than in the city. b. The medical facilities in the city are more accessible than in the country. - Move around the class and help Ss write comparison sentences. - Let Ss read aloud on of their sentence they have made. - Let Ss make any sentence they want, only focus on the structures, not on the meaning.
- - Ask Ss to do the Ex 5 on p. 79. - Ask them to read the advertisement then ask them some questions to check their understanding: What are advertised? How old are they? How much do we pay per month? - Ask ss to practice on their own. - Call some Ss to give the right answers. 4. Consolidation: - Remind Ss the key points. 5. Homework: - Review all key grammar points to prepare for the revision lesson.