a) D has a number of teeth F.
b) B has a diameter C.
d) has a faster speed F.
g) B has a greater number of teeth than A; the speed of
is therefore .
e) The speed of is slower than the speed of .
f) C has a smaller A, so A
has a speed.
number of teeth than
Using Figure 3.2 to complete the text below:
c) F has a speed .
Slower than A
a) What is the part/ item to take out
water on the windscreen of a car?
b) What is the part at the top of a car?
c) What protects from the wind?
d) What covers the car engine?
e) Where can you put your suitcases/
luggage in the car?
f) What helps the driver see that the
front car is turning left or right?
g) What can you see on a car so that you
know where you sign the car?
Answer the following questions:
Select the correct instructions for the actions in Figure 4.1:
For example: A = 2
1. Turn the jack handle anticlockwise to lower the car.
2. Turn the gear wheel anticlockwise to raise the drill.
3. Turn the bolt clockwise to tighten it.
4. Press the top button to stop the motor.
5. Press the largest pedal to stop the car.
6. Pull the handle down to cut the metal bar.
7. Push the bar down to raise the load
If your car doesn’t start in the morning, you should check
three things first: the battery, the fuel level and the spark
plugs. It is easy to repair three faults. If the battery is flat,
you should recharge it. If it doesn’t work, you should
replace it. If the petrol tank is empty, fill it up. If the spark
plugs are dirty, clean them, and if the gap in a spark plug
is too narrow or too wide, adjust it to the correct width.
Read the text and match these pictures in Figure 7.1 with
words from the passage:
If your car still doesn’t start, the petrol pump may...
The automobile industry is a fast developing industry. From
the later 18th century, when the first automobile was put on
road, this industry has developed tremendously. Now there
are thousands of factories all over the world manufacturing
numerous type of automobile. The automobile engines are
also being used in engine powered machines for agriculture,
construction and manufacturing processes. Various types of
small engines are also being used in lawn movers, power
saws, snow removers and similar equipments.
1. The rocker box is the cylinder head.
3. The sump is the cylinder block.
2. The cylinder block is the cylinder head.
4. The cylinder block is the sump.
5. The cylinder block is the sump and the
6. The prop shaft is the gearbox and the
7. The differential is the two half shafts