This is a book about embedded systems, introduced primarily through the application of three PIC® microcontrollers.
Starting from an introductory level, the book aims to make the reader into a competent and
independent practitioner in the field of embedded systems, to a level whereby he or she has the skills
necessary to gain entry to professional practice in the embedded world.
Microcontroller is a computer that is integrated on a chip, it is often used to control electronic devices. Microcontroller, in essence, is a system including a processor with enough performance and low cost (other than multi-purpose microprocessors used in computers) combined with peripheral blocks as the remember, the modular input / output, the module to change the analog and analog to digital, ... In the computer modules are usually built by the chips and circuits.
Preface are not communicated to the people who must apply them. Control problems arise in the plant and must be solved in the plant. Until plant engineers and control designers are able to communicate with each other, their mutual problems await solution. I do not mean to imply that abstract mathematics is not capable of solving control problems, but it is striking how often the same solution can be reached by using good common sense. High-order equations and high-speed computers can be manipulated to the point where common sense is dulled....
What You’ll See Today
• Overview of National Instruments • Virtual Instrumentation and Graphical System Design • LabVIEW graphical programming fundamentals
• Ease of Data Acqusition (DAQ) with NI
• Application Areas
• Web-based Remote Monitoring
• Next Steps
.National Instruments at A Glance
• Leaders in computer-based measurement and automation
• Long-term track record of growth and profitability
• $1.02 B USD revenue in 2011 • More than 16% of revenue is invested into R&D • More than 6,000 employees; operations in 40+ countries....