Xem 1-8 trên 8 kết quả Pain suppression
  • Drugs for the Suppression of Pain (Analgesics) ing, or burning character, i.e., pain that can be localized only poorly. Impulse traffic in the neo- and paleospinothalamic pathways is subject to modulation by descending projections that originate from the reticular formation and terminate at second-order neurons, at their synapses with first-order neurons, or at spinal segmental interneurons (descending antinociceptive system).

    pdf10p bigbaby87 04-09-2010 50 14   Download

  • Less than 20 years ago the field of cannabis and the cannabinoids was still considered a minor, somewhat quaint, area of research. A few groups were active in the field, but it was already being viewed as stagnating. The chemistry of cannabis was well known, Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (Δ9-THC), identified in 1964, being the only major psychoactive constituent and cannabidiol, which is not psychoactive, possibly contributing to some of the effects. These cannabinoids and several synthetic analogs had been thoroughly investigated for their pharmacological effects.

    pdf754p mnemosyne75 02-02-2013 15 3   Download

  • (BQ) Part 2 book "Color atlas of pharmacology" presentation of content: Drugs acting on the sympathetic nervous system, nervous system nervous system, cardiac drugs, biogenic amines, antipyretic analgesics, drugs for the suppression of pain, plasma volume expanders,... and other contents.

    pdf320p thangnamvoiva23 06-10-2016 0 0   Download

  • Drugs that act upon the central nervous system (CNS) influence the lives of everyone, every day. These agents are invaluable therapeutically because they can produce specific physiological and psychological effects. Without general anesthetics, modern surgery would be impossible. Drugs that affect the CNS can selectively relieve pain, reduce fever, suppress disordered movement, induce sleep or arousal, reduce the desire to eat, or allay the tendency to vomit. Selectively acting drugs can be used to treat anxiety, mania, depression, or schizophrenia and do so without altering consciousness....

    doc389p vanass 01-04-2011 40 8   Download

  • Introduction: Muscle relaxants can be classified into the peripheral-and central-acting drug types ( Table 6.1). The drugs of the peripheral type are also called neuromuscular blocking agents. The peripheralacting muscle relaxants are being used for muscle relaxation upon endotracheal intubation and/or general anaesthesia for surgical operation. The central-acting muscle relaxants are used for treatments of painful muscle contracture caused by locomotorial disorders, and for relaxation of muscle stiffness caused by psychotic tension or by neurosis.

    pdf9p bigbaby87 01-09-2010 41 6   Download

  • Bone pain is the most common symptom in myeloma, affecting nearly 70% of patients. The pain usually involves the back and ribs, and unlike the pain of metastatic carcinoma, which often is worse at night, the pain of myeloma is precipitated by movement. Persistent localized pain in a patient with myeloma usually signifies a pathologic fracture. The bone lesions of myeloma are caused by the proliferation of tumor cells, activation of osteoclasts that destroy bone, and suppression of osteoblasts that form new bone.

    pdf5p thanhongan 07-12-2010 25 6   Download

  • Acute Diarrhea More than 90% of cases of acute diarrhea are caused by infectious agents; these cases are often accompanied by vomiting, fever, and abdominal pain. The remaining 10% or so are caused by medications, toxic ingestions, ischemia, and other conditions. INFECTIOUS AGENTS Most infectious diarrheas are acquired by fecal-oral transmission or, more commonly, via ingestion of food or water contaminated with pathogens from human or animal feces.

    pdf5p ongxaemnumber1 29-11-2010 33 3   Download

  • Diffuse noxious inhibitory controls (DNIC) can be produced by different types of conditioning stimuli, but the analgesic properties and underlying mechanisms remain unclear. The aim of this study was to differentiate the induction of DNIC analgesia between noxious electrical and inflammatory conditioning stimuli. Methods: First, rats subjected to either a supramaximal electrical stimulation or an injection of high-dose formalin in the hind limb were identified to have pain responses with behavioral evidence and spinal Fos-immunoreactive profiles. Second, suppression of tail-flick...

    pdf13p toshiba23 18-11-2011 23 2   Download

Đồng bộ tài khoản