Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: UNIT 8: THE STORY OF MY VILLAGE
Chia sẻ: vetnangcuoitroi_2305
Tham khảo tài liệu 'giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: unit 8: the story of my village', tài liệu phổ thông, tiếng anh phục vụ nhu cầu học tập, nghiên cứu và làm việc hiệu quả
Chủ đề liên quan:
Nội dung Text: Giáo án tiếng anh lớp 10: UNIT 8: THE STORY OF MY VILLAGE
- Giáo án tiếng văn 10 UNIT 8: THE STORY OF MY VILLAGE Period 45: Lesson 4: Writing I. Objectives: 1. Education Aims: - Students can write a letter giving directions to a certain place. 2. Knowledge: a. General knowledge: - Giving directions. b. Language: - Language used to give directions. - Imperative sentences. 3. Skills: - Reading: Read the sample letter. - Speaking: Work in pairs to find Ann's house on the map as well as the words and phrases used to give directions . - Writing: Write a letter to tell Jim the way to house A on the map. II. Anticipated problems:
- - Students may have difficulty in giving directions in letters. III. Teaching Aids: - Board, textbook, chalk. IV. Procedures: Teacher's activities Students' activities 1. Homework checking : - Ask one St to talk about the changes in our hometown or his/her home village. - Listen to their friend and - Ask other Ss to listen to their give remarks. friend and give remarks. - Check and give remarks. - Listen to the teacher. 2. Before you write: - Aims:to get Sts to read the sample letter and to help them to prepare vocabulary and
- information before they write. + Task 1: - Introduce the situation. - Listen to the teacher carefully. - Explain some new words: + direction (n) : the way that a person or thing moves along + enclose (v): put something in a letter or a parcel - Copy these words into - Ask Ss to listen to the teacher their notebooks. and repeat, then write these - Listen to the teacher and words into their notebooks. then read these words in - Ask Ss to work in pairs to chorus and individually. read about the letter and to look at the map to find Ann's - Read the letter in pairs. house. - Move round to help if - Share their answer with necessary. their friends. - Ask Ss to compare their ideas - Present their ideas.
- with other pairs. Answer: H - Ask some Ss to tell the whole class where Ann's house is. - Listen to the teacher. Teacher may ask them to explain more about their answer. - Work in pairs to read the - Listen and give remarks. letter and underline the + Task 2: words/phrases. - Ask Ss to work in pairs to read the letter again and - Two Ss write the words underline the words and and phrases on the board phrases used to give get out of go over ( directions. a bridge) - Move round to help if turn right/left walk past necessary. ( a medical centre) - Ask 2 Ss to write these keep walking take the words/ phrases on the board. first/second..... - Check and give remarks.
- - Ask Ss to make some examples with these words. 3. While you write: - Aims: Ss practise writing a - Do the writing task. letter to Jim, telling him the way to house A from Roston Railway Station. - Ask Ss to write a letter to Jim, telling him the way to house A from Roston Railway - Read their writing: (A sample paragraph) Station. "Dear Jim, - Let Ss write in 8 minutes. I'm very glad that you will - Move around to conduct the come here for the summer activity. holiday ............. from 4. After you write: Roston Raiway Station. Aims: to get feedback and Now when you come out of check Ss' work. the station, turn right. Keep - Get feedback by asking some walking for about 5
- Ss to read their work aloud. minutes, you will see a small bridge ahead. Go - Ask some other Ss to give over the bridge, go along remarks. the street, walk past a - Check and give the correct medical centre and the car answer. park then take the second - If there is enough time, T can turning on the left. Walk have Ss exchange their writing past the Souvenir shop and among Ss within a group so you will see my house. It's that they can check their on the right, next to the friend's work and give remarks shop.............. " 5. Homework: - Write a letter to tell their friends the way to their house from Hai Duong Railway Station.